I am i the only one that dislikes....Jaunt?

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I didnt really like Mirage at the start, but with recent changes i am really enjoying it. I am however struggling with Juant. It just doesnt really do much. A minor leap with minor Confusion, very minor confusion. Its been kinda decent for navigating WvW maps but in actual fights, i just tend to not know how or when to use it :/

How do you guys think about it? How do you use it in combat? I just kinda think i would rather it be say a 8-10second cool down teleport with further reach and something more than a pointless amount of Confusion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Oglaf.1074 said:As an almost exclusively PvE player, I hate it. Or rather I hate what they did to Confusion which ruined both it and so many other traits/abilites.

Yeah i am struggling to find reasons why to use it, its currently being used because the others are either awful for roaming or just cheese design and i refuse to use it (guess which one i mean...)

I love Jaunt, and especially the x3 Confusion, and the cleaning of x1 Condition. Jaunt is practically used to position you over the "Mirage Cloak" at close range during combat. In pvp is very useful, but in pve not, due to the change of "confusion", so I proposed in a post that I created, about a possible change to condition "confusion".

It is not designed, or created, as Blink, but rather to be combined with "Mirage Cloak" and repositioned during combat. You can do many strategies, imagine, combine:

• Jaunt on a "Mirage Cloak" with "Dune Cloak" = You inflict x3 Bleed + x3 Confusion + Get Evade / Ambush skill and you clean x1 Condition, all that in one area.

So it is a very powerful elite, I do not change it, I like how it is. Many of the people do not know how to play with Mirage, you must to think a bit about the strategies, and not for spam skills to damage like that.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:I didnt really like Mirage at the start, but with recent changes i am really enjoying it. I am however struggling with Juant. It just doesnt really do much. A minor leap with minor Confusion, very minor confusion. Its been kinda decent for navigating WvW maps but in actual fights, i just tend to not know how or when to use it :/

How do you guys think about it? How do you use it in combat? I just kinda think i would rather it be say a 8-10second cool down teleport with further reach and something more than a pointless amount of Confusion.

Let's see. Short-range teleport that can be used while stunned/immobilized, condi cleanse, area damage (that needs an upgrade since confusion is now utterly worthless in PvE), 3 ammo, and it can spawn a clone if you trait self-deception. I find it pretty useful for those reasons.

Personally it is one of my favourite skills in the game.

Together with traited blink and phase retreat it provides super mobility in wvw such that I can run circles around many groups, it also provides a consistent fun and easy Tele stomp without wasting blink cooldown, it's fantastic for z axis terrain traversal and kiting in pvp maps and such and gets you out of dangerous AoE like traps/shades. Oh and removing a condition is always nice as well as the bit of confusion in addition to normal axe burst (I still want confusion back on axe 3 though).

It's also visually and aurally satisfying. :)

Edit - I should say, regarding how to use in groups - use it to reposition in unpredictable locations, maybe behind opponents, around terrain and so on. For melee bait an incoming attack then Jaunt out to kite. Alternatively use it to enhance your burst or gain distance to burst.

For example sometimes I use Jaunt to gap close enough to use Illusionary ambush or axe 3 for chasing, or use it on top of axe 3 shatter combos to add to the burst.

Jaunt does respectable direct damage as well (I get around 1.5k crits in hybrid gear - essentially another mind wrack clone worth of damage. Can do more damage if full zerker).

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Let's see. Short-range teleport that can be used while stunned/immobilized, condi cleanse, area damage (that needs an upgrade since confusion is now utterly worthless in PvE), 3 ammo, and it can spawn a clone if you trait self-deception. I find it pretty useful for those reasons.

Clearing 1 condition? Thats HUGE...Oh wait. Its notArea damage? TinyCondition? PointlessClone? Needs to be traited

Too me, i would rather have a skill that is 8-10 second cool down and better - like longer range, better damage and conditions and maybe removing 3 conditions. For an Elite, it just doesnt feel like an elite

@"Angel de Lyssa.4716" said:

• Jaunt on a "Mirage Cloak" with "Dune Cloak" = You inflict x3 Bleed + x3 Confusion + Get Evade / Ambush skill and you clean x1 Condition, all that in one area.

and from all of that how much is from the Elite? 2 stacks of Confusion. Huge. Not. Evade, you get from dodging which grants the Mirage Cloak and the Dune Cloak. Out of that combo, what are you actually getting from the Elite? Nothing that great. The teleport is tiny and thats really all it has, a tiny teleport one a 20second cool down. Yeah you get 3 uses. Still using ALL 3 is what some other skills can travel in a SINGLE ability without needing to wait 60seconds to do it.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Let's see. Short-range teleport that can be used while stunned/immobilized, condi cleanse, area damage (that needs an upgrade since confusion is now utterly worthless in PvE), 3 ammo, and it can spawn a clone if you trait self-deception. I find it pretty useful for those reasons.

Clearing 1 condition? Thats HUGE...Oh wait. Its notArea damage? TinyCondition? PointlessClone? Needs to be traited

Too me, i would rather have a skill that is 8-10 second cool down and better - like longer range, better damage and conditions and maybe removing 3 conditions. For an Elite, it just doesnt feel like an elite

The charges is why it is so good.

You've almost always got one charge up unless you need to blow all three to gtfo a bad situation (which is a nice 3 Condi clear on top of likely dodges with elusive mind helping to disengage).

I think it would be too powerful on a lower cooldown.

Yes it might be nice to have 500 range instead of 450, but I think it is solid enough right now that it is a no brainer for me over all other elites (unless organised tpvp using moa or something).

Tbh the mobility is the primary benefit of Jaunt - everything else just adds to flexible use, but the ability to reposition around a fight as well as in the z axis depending on location is quite powerful.

Edit - for the record I won't say no to buffs for Jaunt, I won't turn down nice things like that! :) I just don't think it needs them right now aside from maybe increasing the confusion if the axe changes remain as they are.

@"Angel de Lyssa.4716" said:

and from all of that how much is from the Elite? 2 stacks of Confusion. Huge. Not. Evade, you get from dodging which grants the Mirage Cloak and the Dune Cloak. Out of that combo, what are you actually getting from the Elite? Nothing that great. The teleport is tiny and thats really all it has, a tiny teleport one a 20second cool down. Yeah you get 3 uses. Still using ALL 3 is what some other skills can travel in a SINGLE ability without needing to wait 60seconds to do it.

You have to think that Jaunt is a "complementary" elite, or so it was designed. It is not an elite skill of power, or to be used in a decisive way and to mark the game, as if it were to shoot a rocket.

Jaunt, as I said, is an elite that complements a lot, is very practical and very flexible, depending on the traits that you put, you adapt your Jaunt in one way or another.

If you want to use a powerful elite skill, maybe you should change the specializacition, and use the F5 of the Chronomancer, to duplicate your Blink. Or wait for them to get another specialization with a powerful elite skill with a high recharge time.

But leave me Jaunt calm, I like how it is, and I love x3 Confusion. I just hope that Arenanet gives some possible solution to the damage of "Confusion" in pve.

-It is huge. 1 Jaunt to get rid of 8 Bleed stacks for example.-I wouldn’t consider 180 Radius “Tiny”-3 stacks of Confusion which you can use when your opponent is about to cast a spell.-Riddle of The Sand became bad after the confusion nerf, so I think Self-Deception the best of the Adept traits.

•It has 20 seconds of Count Recharge with 3 Ammunition. That’s pretty decent. 10 Seconds cooldown would make it broken.

•Removing 3 conditions? So 9 conditions in total? Broken OP. Maybe 2. Maybe.

•Longer range? Range doesn’t matter much for Jaunt. You use it for repositioning your skills (Blurred Frenzy for example), Condition clear or teleporting up.

•It already has a decent power coefficient and 3 Confusion stacks.

Overall it is my favourite Elite skill in the game. It has both defensive and offensive uses, doesn’t interrupt your actions, can be used while Stunned, removes a condition, decent damage, leap finisher. I like it.

@Curunen.8729 said:right now that it is a no brainer for me over all other elites (unless organised tpvp using moa or something).

The only reason i use it is because the others are either cheese or useless for roaming. I wouldnt say giving it a lower cool down, more of removing the charges, single use. 10second cool down. Further movement, remove the confusion and do something better, the confusion is SO pointless.

Make it a single use, 10second cool down teleport that removes 3 conditions. Increase the distance you teleport. Its just such a minor teleport that most of the time its just not worth using for movement unless you want to go up a cliff or something and in most cases due to the limited range it cant do that very well either. I don't really need more mobility, i have Phase Retreat, Lingering Thoughts, Axes of Symmetry, Illusionary Ambush and Mirage Advance

My issue is that i am more of a use a skill when its best, rather than use it for the sake of it being there and thats my issue, i can never find a situation where in combat its GOOD to use.

You're the one who doesn't know how to use jaunt, bud. You asked. I answered. If you can't figure out how an instant condi cleanse + short-range teleport on 3 ammo is useful, I guess there's no help for you. How about chaining it together with some of those other moves you have? I mean, you can't clear a condi bomb with EM alone, right? Figure it out.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:You're the one who doesn't know how to use jaunt, bud. You asked. I answered. If you can't figure out how an instant condi cleanse + short-range teleport on 3 ammo is useful, I guess there's no help for you. How about chaining it together with some of those other moves you have? I mean, you can't clear a condi bomb with EM alone, right? Figure it out.

And too me, the reasons arent really good enough to use it for the sake of using it. A single condition removed? not going to help with the mindless never ending application. The damage is kinda meh, the confusion. So pointless. Do you use it the moment you have a condition? Do you use it to get into melee range of a Scourge or anyone else when you're not going to want to be in melee. Too me, it would have made a good utility skill, it just doesnt really seem elite worthy though.

Even with EM and Jaunt you wont heal a condi bomb, because when that condi bomb happens you are still getting conditions applied after the bomb so you're going to be removing conditions while youre getting applied with more conditions. A losing battle.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:-It is huge. 1 Jaunt to get rid of 8 Bleed stacks for example.

If you're lucky, or it could remove the single stack of Vul you have while leaving you to melt to Burning, Bleeding or whatever else you have on you.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:-I wouldn’t consider 180 Radius “Tiny”

By tiny. I meant damage. I am power built, it does around 1.5k damage when it crits. Nothing special. Nothing worthy of Elite skill status.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:-3 stacks of Confusion which you can use when your opponent is about to cast a spell.-Riddle of The Sand became bad after the confusion nerf, so I think Self-Deception the best of the Adept traits.

Pointless when you are not condi and even if you are. 2second duration. Thats going to be a BIG threat. True, its the bets of them and seeing as i run 2 other Deception skills, i of course take it.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:•It has 20 seconds of Count Recharge with 3 Ammunition. That’s pretty decent. 10 Seconds cooldown would make it broken.

It would be a single charge use. Look at the mobility skills over classes have that deal damage, have better mobility and range or have great healing added on to it. 10second cool down for say a 900range teleport and 3 condi removed wouldnt be so bad.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:•Removing 3 conditions? So 9 conditions in total? Broken OP. Maybe 2. Maybe.•Longer range? Range doesn’t matter much for Jaunt. You use it for repositioning your skills (Blurred Frenzy for example), Condition clear or teleporting up.•It already has a decent power coefficient and 3 Confusion stacks.Overall it is my favourite Elite skill in the game. It has both defensive and offensive uses, doesn’t interrupt your actions, can be used while Stunned, removes a condition, decent damage, leap finisher. I like it.

Single use. No charging. As i have said several times. It would be 3 conditions on a 10second cool down, not too bad and would start to make up for the nerfed condition removal that Mesmer got given. 3 Confusion stacks do no damage unless you're a condi build. 2second duration isnt going to do much really is it.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:You're the one who doesn't know how to use jaunt, bud. You asked. I answered. If you can't figure out how an instant condi cleanse + short-range teleport on 3 ammo is useful, I guess there's no help for you. How about chaining it together with some of those other moves you have? I mean, you can't clear a condi bomb with EM alone, right? Figure it out.

And too me, the reasons arent really good enough to use it for the sake of using it. A single condition removed? not going to help with the mindless never ending application. The damage is kinda meh, the confusion. So pointless. Do you use it the moment you have a condition? Do you use it to get into melee range of a Scourge or anyone else when you're not going to want to be in melee. Too me, it would have made a good utility skill, it just doesnt really seem elite worthy though.

Even with EM and Jaunt you wont heal a condi bomb, because when that condi bomb happens you are still getting conditions applied after the bomb so you're going to be removing conditions while youre getting applied with more conditions. A losing battle.

Half the time I think you’re trolling, the other half, that you’re being too stubborn to accept anyone else’s opinion. Why ask a question in the first place?Angel took out of his time to try and give you an unbiased and objective opinion as to why he thinks Jaunt is simply the best elite, we have right now. An opinion shared by most of the Mesmer community on this sub forum.

You need to thank him and move on. Like seriously...

@"Arlette.9684" said:Half the time I think you’re trolling, the other half, that you’re being too stubborn to accept anyone else’s opinion. Why ask a question in the first place?Angel took out of his time to try and give you an unbiased and objective opinion as to why he thinks Jaunt is simply the best elite, we have right now. An opinion shared by most of the Mesmer community on this sub forum.

yeah it might be the "best" we have but is it because its that good or because the others are that lacking? I shall continue to try and see if i can make anything of it. Is there if you know any good videos showing off best ways how to use it? Obviously you have the map movement, its the in combat that i struggle with. Like any videos showing cool combos or anything?

@"Arlette.9684" said:Half the time I think you’re trolling, the other half, that you’re being too stubborn to accept anyone else’s opinion. Why ask a question in the first place?Angel took out of his time to try and give you an unbiased and objective opinion as to why he thinks Jaunt is simply the best elite, we have right now. An opinion shared by most of the Mesmer community on this sub forum.

yeah it might be the "best" we have but is it because its that good or because the others are that lacking? I shall continue to try and see if i can make anything of it. Is there if you know any good videos showing off best ways how to use it? Obviously you have the map movement, its the in combat that i struggle with. Like any videos showing cool combos or anything?

Crits about 2k on power build, doesn’t interrupt your rotation, so extra kaboom in your boom. As Angel said, it’s a supplemental elite, not a pure power one.The fact you can blink out of burst range after you get stolen into and get basilisk venom, deny an opener, well hell, doesn’t sound that bad now does it?

@Arlette.9684 said:Crits about 2k on power build, doesn’t interrupt your rotation, so extra kaboom in your boom. As Angel said, it’s a supplemental elite, not a pure power one.The fact you can blink out of burst range after you get stolen into and get basilisk venom, deny an opener, well hell, doesn’t sound that bad now does it?

But, dont we already have skills that can do that same thing? We \already have skills and abilities to counter burst,. break stuns and such.

Jaunt is such a great and flexible skill. I wish I could use it without Mirage traitline :tongue: . Like seriously, it can help with gap closing, escaping attacks, distracting peeps in pvp and cleaning conditions on top of dealing aoe damage + confusion. I really like it. It is one of the best and most useful elite skills in this game imo.

For me it is exemplary of the core critical failure in GW2's class, skill, trait and overall combat design: no clarity of purpose. Or purity of purpose if you will, and want to take a jab at Engineers.

Jaunt has:

• No lore-connection to the "Mirage". Not even in spell fx, something False Oasis has at the very least.
  • Is a bit of a condi application.
  • Is a bit of a condi cleanse.
  • Is a bit of an escape.
  • Is a bit of an engage.
  • Has ammo for no discernable inherent reason.
  • Doesn't plug a meaningful hole, as part of the Mirage toolkit, in the kit the core Mesmer had before. Which is part of where elite specs as a design component currently lack purity of purpose, but being a part it is affected by this, of course.

If it were something related to how Mirages operate, say Jaunt swaps you with one of your clones, shattering it in the process for damage/confusion and leaving another one where you left of, then that'd be something at least.

(edit)Mind you, I say this about Jaunt, but the same applies to just about every skill here, and at release many of them were far better off. The same issue existed, but to a lesser degree and there was potential to go towards a route of singular, powerful, meaningful combat effects which aren't spammed but instead traded in a chess-like manner, forcing enemy reactions as a way of winning.Instead, the development took a route of "everything but the kitchen sink", stapling more and more effects onto every ability and combat second.

There's a reason your condition and boon bars explode into 10+ icons the moment combat starts. That reason being that skills/classes are entirely whack right now, at a very basic level.

@Carighan.6758 said:

Jaunt has:

• Is a bit of a condi application.
  • Is a bit of a condi cleanse.
  • Is a bit of an escape.
  • Is a bit of an engage.

decent at several things, good at nothing comes to mind. I just dont know WHEN to use it in combat, it has too little of too many things to really have that spot. What it can do, Mesmer could already do. Now they can do it a little bit more often? But the mobility isnt hugely needed on a Mesmer anyway. Especially on Mirage. The Condi cleanse means very little. Its one condition, in a meta that is about mindlessly spamming as many conditions as you can.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:I didnt really like Mirage at the start, but with recent changes i am really enjoying it. I am however struggling with Juant. It just doesnt really do much. A minor leap with minor Confusion, very minor confusion. Its been kinda decent for navigating WvW maps but in actual fights, i just tend to not know how or when to use it :/

I don't know, I like it visually and the sound it makes, but it's effect is fairly lackluster at the moment. They might as well up the range to 550 or 600 since the confusion coming from it is absolutely useless, although then we'd get more people coming here to complain about Mirage having too much mobility and apparently stealth and cc.

Archived