SMS removal ticket turnaround.

Luckily my login is saved at my old IP so I can still login to my account. I put in a ticket a day ago so i can have access with a new phone number however I would of thought that these kind of tickets should have priority?

I know, some people may think that a day is not a long time, but we dont know how long the ticket will go unanswered, as there are many people that post 5+ day wait times on tickets.

Think if there are people who are in my situation but don't have a trusted network they can vpn into to login, they wouldnt have access to their account for days.

Just something to think about.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Tickets are answered in the order received. You should have received the near-immediate automated response.

I'm not quite sure why you felt explaining that was necessary... as if telling me this was something that's not common knowledge? If you are going to reply, at the very least make it have sustenance.

If you read the post, you would know that your response does not make sense in the context of the OP. People always harp on constructive criticism, but they don't seem to harp on responses that give nothing of value to the conversation.

I am not asking "yo when is my ticket gonna be answurd" I'm pointing out that authentication/login issues should have a quicker turnaround than your everyday "I deleted an item by accident" tickets. (as an example)

Although ArenaNet has always said that tickets are answered in order, it's not that simple, and obviously false when you compare response times, unless they were only referring to the automated response. Tickets are first sorted by type, as not every agent handles every type of issue, which may be further passed around and delayed before being answered. They have prioritized login issues in the past, but you can only guess how they handle them regularly.

To avoid this problem entirely, use an authenticator instead. Not only is it the fastest option and more secure than SMS, it can be recreated whenever you want as long as you keep a copy of the key. If you want the best security however, then it's actually the default email authentication, with an authenticator on the email itself.

Archived