adaptive armor?

Amaranthe.3578

@Imperadordf.2687 said:It applies BEFORE the hit, so if the hit is more than your barrier, you won’t see it on your HP bar.

Look for the yellow damage numbers over you.

This agrees with what I see when using the trait, but that really cuts down on the barrier uptime and is very counterintuitive considering this trait also gives a buff while you have barrier.

So the damage absorption appears to be working but I would classify the trait as broken.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

@Imperadordf.2687 said:It applies
BEFORE
the hit, so if the hit is more than your barrier, you won’t see it on your HP bar.

This agrees with what I see when using the trait, but that really cuts down on the barrier uptime and is very counterintuitive considering this trait also gives a buff while you have barrier.

So the damage absorption appears to be working but I would classify the trait as broken.

Well, the buff sucks to be honest. Given the barrier uptime, that trait is hard to be considered at least decent.

But avoiding a burst with Recovery Matrix + Adaptive Armour feels good.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

BEFORE
the hit, so if the hit is more than your barrier, you won’t see it on your HP bar.

I think the problem is that ANet was too conservative in adding barrier to the scrapper. The barrier additions are very small, and often unobservable under most conditions. Even with mender's amulets, the amount of barrier is still very small.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

BEFORE

I think the problem is that ANet was too conservative in adding barrier to the scrapper. The barrier additions are very small, and often unobservable under most conditions. Even with mender's amulets, the amount of barrier is still very small.

I think they are scared of the old Scrapper. Not sure though.

By the way does Healing Power affect Scrapper’s barriers? I didn’t see any healing coefficients on wiki. Could be because of I used Paladin’s Amulet.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

BEFORE

By the way does Healing Power affect Scrapper’s barriers? I didn’t see any healing coefficients on wiki. Could be because of I used Paladin’s Amulet.

Hrm, you're right. That's a huge oversight on their part -- if the barrier isn't even affected by healing power, they really missed the mark.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

BEFORE

I noticed I was getting the same amount of barrier regardless of what amulet I was using too. Could be a bug, I'll do some testing later on today.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

BEFORE

Hrm, you're right. That's a huge oversight on their part -- if the barrier isn't even affected by healing power, they really missed the mark.

Healing power affects the barriers a minuscule amount. 250 healing power adds 29 to Recovery Matrix's barrier and 12 to Adaptive Armor's barrier. Recovery Matrix and Crystal Configuration: Eclipse seem to have the same healing coefficient for barrier as the same 250 healing power will add 29 to Eclipse's barrier.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

BEFORE

Healing power affects the barriers a minuscule amount. 250 healing power adds 29 to Recovery Matrix's barrier and 12 to Adaptive Armor's barrier. Recovery Matrix and Crystal Configuration: Eclipse seem to have the same healing coefficient for barrier as the same 250 healing power will add 29 to Eclipse's barrier.

That's virtually no effect. That's pretty bad.

I don't think healing power is the way to go regardless. Holosmith just does so much power damage that I think Marauder or Paladin are better options.

I've been trying out both Mender and Avatar, and they're just not that great. You're better off just blowing people up with Marauder+Enhancement sigil or going Paladin.

Archived