Daily Gatherer Helper — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Daily Gatherer Helper

KidaSacheil.1956KidaSacheil.1956 Member ✭✭
edited February 11, 2019 in Players Helping Players

Hi,
I made a website to help my guild mates find the "best" locations to complete the daily gathering quests,
and thought I would share it in case other people also find it useful:

www.thedaemonarmy.com

Last Updated 11.02.2019: (Remember to CTRL + F5 to see the latest updates)

• Added new location for forager in Kryta after tip from someone who joined our Discord

Comments

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭

Wow nice one with this i finally dont have to run around like an idiot and try to memorize anymore :)

MEH !!!

• Bookmarked! Can't wait to use it for the Heart of Maguuma Gatherer dailies since my guild has moved into Windswept Haven.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

That's nice. I'd add a few there, for Daily Kryta Forager (current one you got there):
    Lion's Arch, near the end of the "Troll's Revenge", easily accessible with mounts.
    Southsun Cove, there's a lot of passion fruit near the Wurm Area.
    Bloodtide Coast, Risenwild Hills
    Divinity's Reach, some player's home instances ^_^

• That's handy, thanks for sharing!

• KidaSacheil.1956KidaSacheil.1956 Member ✭✭
    edited February 11, 2018

@ReaverKane.7598 Thanks for your suggestions! I'll have a look at them and add whatever's missing when I have the chance.
    @HnRkLnXqZ.1870 Thank you for sharing your suggested locations, I'll add them whenever I can! I made the choice of limiting to only 2 locations per "daily" at the start, just to have a goal and finally be able to release something. So I'll continue adding locations, thank you again for sharing your locations! :)

EDIT: I've added some locations for the Desert Area among other locations now. Remember to CTRL + F5 the site to see the latest updates!

• Many Thanks you did an awesome job =)
    if you want you can share this useful information also on Guild Wars 2 reddit, there are many many people reading it everyday.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

• @Rienrodrys.2975 said:
    Many Thanks you did an awesome job =)
    if you want you can share this useful information also on Guild Wars 2 reddit, there are many many people reading it everyday.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/

It's already been shared on Reddit :) https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7wubav/daily_gatherer_helper/

• Rienrodrys.2975Rienrodrys.2975 Member
    edited February 13, 2018

Sorry i didn't see it ^_^

edited February 20, 2018

Updates:

• Fixed bug where one of the waypoint codes were wrong,
    • Added guild halls
    • Added more locations

Let me know if you find any bugs, and I'll do my best to fix it. I'm still working on getting through all the suggested locations.

• Drarnor Kunoram.5180Drarnor Kunoram.5180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2018

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:
    And last but not least, the bane of my existance, Desert Miner:
    START at Augury's Shadow Waypoint (Elon Riverlands) and head east to the Heart. You do the regular nodes you can find and also stirke at the Brand Battleshards. Upon destruction these become gathering nodes which count towards the daily. The obtained quest-items can be exchanged that the charr at the waypoint for karma. It is not a perfect way, but it works.

I know I am missing a few Heart of Maguuma ones. We have our guildhall in AB, so we do the lumber/minder/gatherer with our guildhall nodes.

If you've started the quest chain to obtain the griffon, you can use the gizmo it gives you to teleport to the Sunspear Sanctuary. Right at the bottom of the cliff under that load in location is a rich mithril vein. That alone completes the daily.

Plague Signet is the only skill in the game that is worse when traited.

edited March 20, 2018

New updates!:

• Minidungeons have now been added as well! I still lack the pictures for some of them, but everything else is added! And I'll add the pictures as soon as possible!
    • I also added new maguuma wastes mining locations.

http://thedaemonarmy.com
    Remember to CTRL + F5 to see latest updates

• Thank you for the awesome website! It is really helpful. :D

• Citri.9540Citri.9540 Member ✭✭

Lovely resource! Thank you for sharing- I bookmarked it for later use!

(☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞muh tumblr

• redcomyn.4651redcomyn.4651 Member ✭✭

Thanks! I did finally find my lumber, however.

• VanWilder.6923VanWilder.6923 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for your hard work helping an awesome GW2 community

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭

This is brilliant thank you so much for sharing your hard work. I really appreciate it. I am always asked where the best places are to gather for the dailies and this will really help me, help new players. :-)

• Thank you everyone for your kind feedback! I'm glad you all find the site helpful!
    I just updated the site, adding the option to see tomorrow's gathering dailies as well :)
    If you can't see it Ctrl + f5 to update the site

• Love it. You did a great job. I've got it bookmarked!

• Very handy! Been using it the past few days.

FYI, I am mot seeing today's Rich Orichalcum Vein near Faren's Flyer waypoint. I also don't see a way on your page to report discrepancies.

• @Corax.7692 said:
    Very handy! Been using it the past few days.

FYI, I am mot seeing today's Rich Orichalcum Vein near Faren's Flyer waypoint. I also don't see a way on your page to report discrepancies.

Hi, thank you for your feedback!
    This specific location is a tricky one, because just as the mining ones in Maguuma Wastes, they have several places that they rotate between.
    So one day it can be in spot 1, and the next day it'll be at spot 2. I didn't add the other locations because when I checked, I couldn't confirm that it was the correct spot, (as I've checked every location personally). But if someone can confirm and share the locations of the other spots I can add it :)

Also there's a contact form on the "about this site" -page on the website to send in feedback, suggestions or new locations :)
    about.thedaemonarmy.com/

• @KidaSacheil.1956 said:

@Corax.7692 said:

This specific location is a tricky one, because just as the mining ones in Maguuma Wastes, they have several places that they rotate between.
    So one day it can be in spot 1, and the next day it'll be at spot 2. I didn't add the other locations because when I checked, I couldn't confirm that it was the correct spot, (as I've checked every location personally). But if someone can confirm and share the locations of the other spots I can add it :)

Ah that is tricky. Don't know if you could implement a thing where it presents all the locations that rotate, and once a few players confirm which one is there today, it just shows that one. If it rotates during the day rather than from day to day, of course, that won't be possible.

• @Corax.7692 said:

@KidaSacheil.1956 said:

@Corax.7692 said:

Ah that is tricky. Don't know if you could implement a thing where it presents all the locations that rotate, and once a few players confirm which one is there today, it just shows that one. If it rotates during the day rather than from day to day, of course, that won't be possible.

I think it's dependent on the particular copy of the map you're in rather than player-to-player, day-to-day, or hour-to-hour.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Corax.7692 said:

@KidaSacheil.1956 said:

@Corax.7692 said:

I think it's dependent on the particular copy of the map you're in rather than player-to-player, day-to-day, or hour-to-hour.

It is indeed per instance. I can think of 5 other spawn points for that rich ori. For the location shown there is also a rich mithril spawn point nearby which is under the frog HP.

• Ah, I was mistaken about how it rotates then, thanks for clarifying!
    I will have to take a look at the different locations where they spawn and see if I can add them in near future.

@KidaSacheil.1956 said:
    Ah, I was mistaken about how it rotates then, thanks for clarifying!
    I will have to take a look at the different locations where they spawn and see if I can add them in near future.

If your main goal is for the daily maguuma jungle miner ...
    Imgur

Obviously not all the nodes will be there at the same time and there are some missing normal mithril nodes but statistically you should have it done by the time you go through that route with 6 possible rich metal nodes spawns as well as some normal nodes.

two more rich ori locations but these are guarded by sharpshooters
    Imgur
    Imgur

• Thanks for your suggestions!
    Seemed like a lot of different ore's seem to spawn around Eastwatch Waypoint, so I added that as a location for mining in Heart of Maguuma

• Added new forager location in Kryta, thanks to Flavour who gave me the tip by joining our Discord! :)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.