it's 2018, can we finally go around with invisible chest armor around? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

it's 2018, can we finally go around with invisible chest armor around?

I haven't een playing for like 8 months or so i think. So I'm just asking. can we finally wear invisible chest armor? (at least for males?) i'm sick and tired of all the trenchcoats in medium armor for human males.
Has there been any news about it? I know we can hide helmet and other things, and we have some invisible shoes/boots. so the tech is there. :D
Let me know if I've missed anything.

Comments

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

that is not a really helpful reply and we've been discussing it since forever. my question was if we can go around with invisible chest armor buy now :)

• Tolmos.8395Tolmos.8395 Member ✭✭✭

Honestly I don’t see why they don’t. A large number of the female chest pieces are far FAR less modest than the underwear, and there are a few male armors that are close to nothing at all

• coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

oh, i guess we can remove ALL skimpy female clothes and armor too aswell, going by that same logic right? ;)

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

How sir will you find the chest if its invisible.?

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes please can we get this

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@coso.9173 said:
    that is not a really helpful reply and we've been discussing it since forever. my question was if we can go around with invisible chest armor buy now :)

That's a fact. You on the other hand posted a false information in your OP, claiming all medium armors are trenchcoats.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes please. As per my signature.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Tolmos.8395Tolmos.8395 Member ✭✭✭

Before everyone gets all uptight, I might remind folks that this is mostly for male characters, and maybe Asura females. The base female underwear for the chest is hideous compared to the bikinis you could get in game; Asura being the only exception of having something that actually has some semblance of design to it.

This is really so dudes can run around without shirts on all day. And, in light of the way female vs male armor in the game looks, that's a really fair thing to ask for lol

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

Wouldn't mind. Right now I'm stuck with the scallywag chest armor on my 100% rage fueled berserker.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

I was talking with my guild mates about this recently and would support this 100%! At least for males, then give females a dyeable bra or something.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

I just hope the price will be more affordable than those invisible Slippers/Boots/Stompers.

ArenaNet Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm with you, but I think you should stop asking. If you continue, there is the distinctive possibility they hear... and decide to implement invisible chest armor... the same way they implemented invisible shoes...

• yeah + 1 but won't gonna happen.They never listen to/care about the playerbase since beta.

• Cobrakon.3108Cobrakon.3108 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018

I just have to say this but revealing clothes of either sex is the most ridiculous thing in a game where you get hit by sharp objects. There is this cool game called Rust. It lets you run around naked and it also makes more sense with the game thematically being naked. If u really like to flaunt pixels... try that game.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cobrakon.3108 said:
    I just have to say this but revealing clothes of either sex is the most ridiculous thing in a game where you get hit by sharp objects.

Why, exactly? GW2 is based around avoiding attacks rather than tanking them. If anything, Warriors/Guardians/Revenants in traditional knight armour rolling around like Sanic the Horrhedge is just as ridiculous. Less restrictive armour makes much more sense.

Also it is a fantasy game: our characters, like Conan and Red Sonja, have plenty of plot armour.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Invisible female chest armor is ok too, they have a top on :) Suns out Guns out!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.