sword offhand rework

Stand The Wall.6987

We are the only proffesion whose offhand sword dosnt have a block. Just putting that out there. They should revert sword 4 and keep sword 5. OR revert sword 4 and put the backstep back on sword 5 as the secondary effect, so youd step to your target, attack, and then drag them back to where you where if the attack connects. The current sword just has no synergy with the rest of the proffession. A cd decrease would be good too.Edit: Also a cool way they could rework the block would be where on attack the revenent will attack in maybe a 2 or 300 aoe around it rather than just in front, kind of like full counter except with chill or slow rather than the interrupt.

@otto.5684 said:Sword 4 is solid. Sword 5 can barely hit unmovable targets in PvE.

If their needs to be a remake, shield is priority.

Shield is only used by the Herald and only in PvP and only in conformed teams (which barely exist) and is solid in that place in its role (provides great survability as long as you have FB support in the form of condi cleansing). Sword works in duels. Both are niche in a non-meta class. But if I would change the things, I would start reverting the whole last 4-5 patches for Rev. If not, leth both shield and off hand sword to rooth.

@Doctor.1384 said:We are the only proffesion whose offhand sword dosnt have a block. Just putting that out there. They should revert sword 4 and keep sword 5. OR revert sword 4 and put the backstep back on sword 5 as the secondary effect, so youd step to your target, attack, and then drag them back to where you where if the attack connects. The current sword just has no synergy with the rest of the proffession. A cd decrease would be good too.Edit: Also a cool way they could rework the block would be where on attack the revenent will attack in maybe a 2 or 300 aoe around it rather than just in front, kind of like full counter except with chill or slow rather than the interrupt.

actual sword/axe sword/sword have synergy.

How about it blocks when attacking on sword 4 or on sword 5? but still keep the sames attacks they are good, because offensively i find the actual offhand sword really useful, i play sword/axe sword/sword, it's really good. I would'nt like to see sword 4 or 5 broken by a block that we must launch, or maybe add block to the shield 4 instead.

@Alveen.7239 said:

@otto.5684 said:Sword 4 is solid. Sword 5 can barely hit unmovable targets in PvE.

If their needs to be a remake, shield is priority.

Actually that is a good point, sword 5 is real hard to land they do need to rework that imo. Maybe quickness after you land the first half of sword 5?

Actually it's easy in my case to hit with sword 5 and sword 4 in PvP and they do very good damages..

It would also be useful if the sword 5 chain skill didnt cast automatically, so you could shadowstep with sword 5 and have access to the final strike for some duration, use other weapon skills, and then use the final strike, pretty much like staff 2. They could even seperate the cooldowns so the shadowstep can be used more frequently than the high damage attack, so deathstrike could have a 10cd and the final high damage attack could have a 15 second cd.

Idk what you all are switching to with sword "useless", the only other option is axe which is useful but has like half the damage potential of oh sword. If they just through the block back on sword 4 and increased the speed of the second hit of sword 5 by like 30% this would be my favorite weapon in the game. OR THEY could reduce the CD on sword 4 to 10 seconds. And still increase the speed of the second hit, because that is really just badly needed.

I like the new sword 5 much better, the old one was so awkward and had such an unsatisfying animation, I just wish it was faster so you could actually hit something with it. Really miss the sword 4 block so much though.

Rev offhand sword is still the most fun in the game though. Mesmer sword 4 is cool but 5 is slow and landing the attack just doesn't even matter. Warrior oh sword is like the worst weapon in the game, sword 4 is even more difficult to land then rev sword 5 with it's stupid wonky projectile and follow-up melee attack. At least if you land rev sword 5 it does damage.

Archived