Maybe lower the token cost of Leadership Runes?

Oglaf.1074

@Oglaf.1074 said:

• Superior Rune of Leadership: Reduced the crystalline-ore cost of this rune from 100 to 50 at the vendor in Dragon's Stand, and reduced the cost at the Heroics Notary vendor from 2 gold to 1 gold.

I’m talking about the current price, obviously.

Dude, we payed 100 crystalline ore + 2 gold per rune, 600 total, and you still think 50 is too much? That's 4 runs of the really well made meta event in Dragon's Stand. It's nothing. And when we got the runes, they were the best you could get for mesmer, now you can just buy Firebrand runes from the trading post for 2 gold each. Anet lowered the price for Leadership runes because why would anyone ever get them now?

@Oglaf.1074 said:Two wrongs don’t make a right.

It is still an absurd amount and way out of whack in contrast to the Runes from the other HoT maps when it comes to token availability.

You can get between 1 and 14 ore per Noxious Pod. There’s also a minimum of 50 pods per meta. Last time I ran it (needed a stack for ingots) I got at least 100 ore. That’s with some lanes failing side events (less pods at some camps) and not looting bonus pods after the meta, I filled my stack, I had no need. 50 ore per Rune is very reasonable and that should have been priced like it from the start.I paid 100/Rune now I don’t even play the character they’re on.

@Dawdler.8521 said:They are practicly handing them out for free in WvW anyway.

That makes it sound like you can just go to WvW and get them for free, or cheap. You need to play a lot of WvW to unlock the provisioner tab to even get access to HoT runes. I'm only level rank 33 in WvW and I spent enough time there to get several Gifts of Battle. I have not enough points to unlock that tab, and even if you have done it, you still need the currency to buy the runes, which require playing a lot of WvW. They are not basically for free in WvW. It's much faster to do DS meta events to get them than playing WvW. If you are a WvW player anyway, sure, makes sense. But if you are a PvE player anyway, DS meta makes as much sense.

@Faaris.8013 said:

That makes it sound like you can just go to WvW and get them for free, or cheap. You need to play a lot of WvW to unlock the provisioner tab to even get access to HoT runes. I'm only level rank 33 in WvW and I spent enough time there to get several Gifts of Battle. I have not enough points to unlock that tab, and even if you have done it, you still need the currency to buy the runes, which require playing a lot of WvW. They are not basically for free in WvW. It's much faster to do DS meta events to get them than playing WvW. If you are a WvW player anyway, sure, makes sense. But if you are a PvE player anyway, DS meta makes as much sense.

Use some experience boosters and you will be fine. I'm not playing WvW much myself and yet I managed to get to rank 100+, unlock merchant and get runes with no effort.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Use some experience boosters and you will be fine. I'm not playing WvW much myself and yet I managed to get to rank 100+, unlock merchant and get runes with no effort.

But took it less time than doing 4 DS metas?

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

But took it less time than doing 4 DS metas?

No it won't. But if someone has problem running those 4 DS metas, maybe few hours of WvW afk farming is a solution. At least it's more realistic than Anet lowering rune price even more in near future.

@Faaris.8013 said:

• Superior Rune of Leadership: Reduced the crystalline-ore cost of this rune from 100 to 50 at the vendor in Dragon's Stand, and reduced the cost at the Heroics Notary vendor from 2 gold to 1 gold.

Dude, we payed 100 crystalline ore + 2 gold per rune, 600 total, and you still think 50 is too much?It was too much when we paid it, and it still is, even after reduction.

@Faaris.8013 said:And when we got the runes, they were the best you could get for mesmer, now you can just buy Firebrand runes from the trading post for 2 gold each. Anet lowered the price for Leadership runes because why would anyone ever get them now?It's exactly opposite. They lowered the cost, because after last changes Leadership are the only rune set remaining in the meta for support chrono. Before, people had a choice to go for a cheaper alternative. Now that choice is gone.

@Astralporing.1957 said:It's exactly opposite. They lowered the cost, because after last changes Leadership are the only rune set remaining in the meta for support chrono. Before, people had a choice to go for a cheaper alternative. Now that choice is gone.

I'm not up to date with mesmer changes, just checked the current pages that list meta builds. They seem to treat Leadership and Firebrand runes equally.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Dude, we payed 100 crystalline ore + 2 gold per rune, 600 total, and you still think 50 is too much?It was too much when we paid it, and it still is, even after reduction.

@Faaris.8013 said:And when we got the runes, they were the best you could get for mesmer, now you can just buy Firebrand runes from the trading post for 2 gold each. Anet lowered the price for Leadership runes because why would anyone ever get them now?It's exactly opposite. They lowered the cost, because after last changes Leadership are the only rune set remaining in the meta for support chrono. Before, people had a choice to go for a cheaper alternative. Now that choice is gone.

Oh come one, firebrand runes are here for 5 months. Last 2 years is leadership only king and people were buying them for old price.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Oh come one, firebrand runes are here for 5 months. Last 2 years is leadership only king and people were buying them for old price.There were cheaper alternatives to leadership from the very beginning, that, even if less effective, still did their job.And yes, some people were buying them for the old price, just as some were crafting minstrel sets, and most were buying the concentration sigil. Doesn't mean the price wasn't unreasonably high for all of those. It still is.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

It's exactly opposite. They lowered the cost, because after last changes Leadership are the only rune set remaining in the meta for support chrono. Before, people had a choice to go for a cheaper alternative. Now that choice is gone.

No it really seems like the price reduction was to keep them inline with the newest alternative of Firebrand runes. Leadership is still go to for Chrono Support I agree, but it’s definitely not the only option, nor is it absolutely required. Now they’re more obtainable, this is the problem with using Crystalline Ore as a currency as well as a Legendary crafting component. That’s the only problem I have with it.Common alternatives before PoF was Durability with a few more commander items or Herald runes. Or less common was 4xTraveller and 2 doubloons. In 5months though (since PoF released) you could have stacks upon stacks of Ore to purchase Leadership anyway. These options still exist. You still aim for ~80% boon duration, then use food/utility to fill the rest.

I think it’s a bit silly considering how long HoT has been out, and the new lowered price is an issue. /shrug.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Two wrongs don’t make a right.

It is still an absurd amount and way out of whack in contrast to the Runes from the other HoT maps when it comes to token availability.

You can get between 1 and 14 ore per Noxious Pod. There’s also a minimum of 50 pods per meta. Last time I ran it (needed a stack for ingots) I got at least 100 ore. That’s with some lanes failing side events (less pods at some camps) and not looting bonus pods after the meta, I filled my stack, I had no need. 50 ore per Rune is very reasonable and that should have been priced like it from the start.I paid 100/Rune now I don’t even play the character they’re on.

Yeah I have almost never ended with less than 100 ore per DS meta. This is, at MINIMUM, though 50 ore per, so enough for one rune every run if you're actually opening pods at the end like you should. If that's seriously not low enough, then Idonno what to tell the OP. Probably will never be happy unless they are free.

Archived