Unreleased Hairstyles [merged]

Alga.6498

dcIKwZF.png

This hairstyle along with many other unreleased hairstyles, (I've only found these hairstyles for female human and norns) has been spotted many times on the Gemstore along with some unique NPCs, such as White Mantle Cleric, Lake Doric villager, Mistwalker Ilia and many others.

Why wont you, ANet, release these hairstyles to us players? They have been datamined for a long time now and for a time they were bugged in the hairstyle kit where you were able to use these unreleased hairstyles, including a normal simple ponytail, wedding hairstyles, flower in hair-styles and others.They've been in the game for a long time now, ever since HoT launch I believe as some NPCs started to use these kind of hairstyles.

Anneeeeeet pleaseee, release these too! I mean, they're ready to go and they look so pretty! :love:ns4EF8n.jpg

I would appreciate if an ANet employee answer to thisPS; while you are at it, release the dress on the 1st picture too!

Excluding the new hairstyles released with POF - which they had to do because there were literally no styles for afro type hair for female humans and maybe 2 or 3 for males - when was the last time they released new hairstyles?

It might be that one of the artists designed these ones (most of which are slight variants on a curled pony tail) and they really like it so they put it on NPCs, but the gem store team are waiting until they have more options for all races and genders before adding them to the gem store. I don't imagine many people would be happy if they announced new hairstyles were available and it turned out to be 11 variants on the same ponytail, with different plants and fringes for human females and nothing for anyone else. Especially since I think human females already have more styles than any other race/gender.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@"videoboy.4162" said:Is that long ponytail (bottom left) in the game somewhere, where I can go to see the whole thing?

It is....if you're playing the Chinese client.

Why'd you have to hurt me?

I want a hairstyle similar to this, but it also needs to be animated.Ribboned_Ponytail_%28Fiona_2%29.png?vers

Actually, I wouldn't mind a lot of the hair and armor from Vindictus. It has a nice mixture of styles and tastes.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:I can think of one reason why you won't see them released to the playing population...the NPC's need their own unique hairstyles that players don't/can't use.

Sorry but that doesn't make sense. Unless it is sarcasm?

A little bit of both...half sarcasm and half honest opinion, whether it makes sense or not is a different matter.

as mentioned by others, it likely has to do with racial equality. The living world s3, PoF and so far s4 has been pretty human centric. So there is a a significant inbalance in hairstyles cause of that allready.On a side note. I kinda dislike the overkill in human centric stories. What is actually the motivation for a charr commander or norn commander to go to istan to help some sunspears? I am hopefull thought that with Logan back in action we also see the pact marching in with all races envolved in the movement of things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't understand the argument that they shouldn't release these because other races don't have as many hairstyle choices. These are already done. For other races, new hairstyles would have to be modelled and textured. It makes no sense not to release them just because other races don't have as many choices.

Archived