Builds post patch

Warrost.4895

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:These two guys above me aren't even close to the truth.

The only proper weapon sets now are gs / sw/torch. Power set up.

Hybrid is dead , condition is dead across the board.

Can you play other builds and sets ? Yes. But you'll be underperforming.

Anet has narrowed all Mesmer builds into some sort of power variant.

I dont run Torch, I dont run GS and i dont run Sword. Odd for that huh? Rather than try and make out that the class is dead or something silly, why post at all? The class has many builds. Because you dont want to play them for what ever reason doesnt mean they arent there. Remember, There is more to GW2 than the DPS Raid race....

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:These two guys above me aren't even close to the truth.

The only proper weapon sets now are gs / sw/torch. Power set up.

Hybrid is dead , condition is dead across the board.

Can you play other builds and sets ? Yes. But you'll be underperforming.

Anet has narrowed all Mesmer builds into some sort of power variant.

I dont run Torch, I dont run GS and i dont run Sword. Odd for that huh? Rather than try and make out that the class is dead or something silly, why post at all? The class has many builds. Because you dont want to play them for what ever reason doesnt mean they arent there. Remember, There is more to GW2 than the DPS Raid race....

No not odd at all. Most gw2 players are able to run sub par builds with no impact. The game is very forgiving.

But just because you can run a bad build and have fun in your own world , it doesn't make it viable.

So I stand by my comments.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:Because he wants to capitalize on his 'momentum' from his panic thread and become noteworthy I suppose.

There's multiple builds for each playstyle now tbh, it's a very good time for mesmer build diversity.

Oh is that so ?

Let's see how many hybrid or condition builds you can come up with ?.. that are actually viable.

I'll wait.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:They nerf both hybrid and Condi specs to the point they are unplayable to any decent knowledgeable player. They claim it's for a redesign. I can think of 3-4 that I played with that are unusable now.

Well, in terms of WvW this just isnt the case. I still see plenty of condi and hybrid people. The changes havent done as much damage to conditions as you seem to think, maybe in PvE but WvW at least not much has really changed. The application is still through the roof for many builds and classes.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:They nerf both hybrid and Condi specs to the point they are unplayable to any decent knowledgeable player. They claim it's for a redesign. I can think of 3-4 that I played with that are unusable now.

Well, in terms of WvW this just isnt the case. I still see plenty of condi and hybrid people. The changes havent done as much damage to conditions as you seem to think, maybe in PvE but WvW at least not much has really changed. The application is still through the roof for many builds and classes.

I was talking about hybrid or condition Mesmer/Chrono/mirage.

Sure people are testing , as am I. But honestly it's not looking good.

The Staples of the all around hybrid / Condi build was shattering phantasms along with clones. Adding in idefender and disenchanter after they served thier purpose. There's more but that's the concept of most hybrid/Condi shatter builds.

It's just so much more effective now to go power along with everyone else and "play how you want" right ?

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:I was talking about hybrid or condition Mesmer/Chrono/mirage.

The Staples of the all around hybrid / Condi build was shattering phantasms along with clones. Adding in idefender and disenchanter after they served thier purpose. There's more but that's the concept of most hybrid/Condi shatter builds.

It's just so much more effective now to go power along with everyone else and "play how you want" right ?

Well, You would be wrong again, Well at least about Mirage. I still see more Condi Mesmers than i do Power ones. I myself, i run more of a Hybrid build and have a lot of fun with it. Other than lacking condi removal due to the hugely nerfed iDisenchanter and the fact that some of the Phantasms have a little too long a cool down due to the removal of 20% Illusion cool down trait.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:You need to learn how to play the profession , you obviously aren't reading anything I've said.

You can play ANYTHING ANYWHERE, but that doesn't mean it's going to be effective.

Can I play Condi or hybrid in wvw ? Yes , is it a viable spec ?. No its not.

Thats just wrong. Condi and Hybrid is STILL viable. Do you need to make changes to your build or play style? Maybe. That doesnt change that they are STILL viable.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:You need to learn how to play the profession , you obviously aren't reading anything I've said.

You can play ANYTHING ANYWHERE, but that doesn't mean it's going to be effective.

Thats just wrong. Condi and Hybrid is STILL viable. Do you need to make changes to your build or play style? Maybe. That doesnt change that they are STILL viable.

I now question your definition of viable. I can think of 3-4 hard counters now that no matter how you play it you can't win.

Will you kill the random zergling on his way back to the Zerg ? Sure. That's not what I'm looking for.

Example 1 is a permanent resis zerker/sbExample 2 is a dragon Hunter.Example 2 is a power Mesmer.

If any of them three are equally skilled you lose. It's just a build issue.

Pre nerf you always had the tools to adapt to these type of encounters.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:I now question your definition of viable. I can think of 3-4 hard counters now that no matter how you play it you can't win.

Will you kill the random zergling on his way back to the Zerg ? Sure. That's not what I'm looking for.

Example 1 is a permanent resis zerker/sbExample 2 is a dragon Hunter.Example 2 is a power Mesmer.

So far, i have encountered 1 person that i couldnt beat and that was a Bunker, insane self healing Druid even before the changes, it would be difficult to beat such a build as they can remove constantly heal, a lot and use their pets to do most of the damage for them.

I have beaten Necros, Warriors, Mesmers, Rangers, Engineers, Eles, Revenants. I have encountered ONE person that i couldnt beat. Thats it. Have you thought, maybe that YOUR skill level is the issue? You seem to go on about how the class is SO much weaker now that that condis have been "nerfed" in reality they havent really been touched. I am guessing you are a condi player that relied on the build more than skill and now you arent doing so well and it MUST mean the spec is weak...

EDITAs for your examples, i have beaten Berserkers and i have beaten Spellbreakers. I have beaten Dragon Hunters rather easily. You already know what they are going to do. They are the easiest of the 3 examples you gave to beat. Power Mesmer, again is a fight that can go either way, lucky crits or stuns can decide the fight. That doesnt mean that its overpowered against Condi or anything, especially with the condi removal being rather crap on Mesmer...

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

I now question your definition of viable. I can think of 3-4 hard counters now that no matter how you play it you can't win.

What tools did we actually lose.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:I now question your definition of viable. I can think of 3-4 hard counters now that no matter how you play it you can't win.

So far, i have encountered 1 person that i couldnt beat and that was a Bunker, insane self healing Druid even before the changes, it would be difficult to beat such a build as they can remove constantly heal, a lot and use their pets to do most of the damage for them.

I have beaten Necros, Warriors, Mesmers, Rangers, Engineers, Eles, Revenants. I have encountered ONE person that i couldnt beat. Thats it. Have you thought, maybe that YOUR skill level is the issue? You seem to go on about how the class is SO much weaker now that that condis have been "nerfed" in reality they havent really been touched. I am guessing you are a condi player that relied on the build more than skill and now you arent doing so well and it MUST mean the spec is weak...

If your read clearly I explained why the build is weak.

If you play a pure shatter build Condi or hybrid it's now gone. You lose out on idefender and disenchanter both are huge if you know how to use them.

Scepter is now terrible

If you played a phant build it's completely gone.

If you want to talk about my skill level. Then we can try it out ?

Pyro did the same way back when and I embarrassed him. He conveniently can't recall.

How about you ?

I'll use my junk spec and most likely still outplay you.

I'm on maguuma of that helps or if not we can do it in a guild hall.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:I was talking about hybrid or condition Mesmer/Chrono/mirage.

I've been roaming w/ a hybrid in WVW for a couple months now after getting bored of the power burst. I thought the confusion change was going to kill it before I tried it out. The build is still just as effective as before, if not more so. The confusion change does hurt a little, but it's made up for by the other changes. Power shatter works better in some scenarios, but overall I feel my hybrid is nearly (maybe 95%) as effective as the power shatter, and even better in some fights. (have thousands of hours roaming on mesmer)

@Magolith.9412 said:

I've been roaming w/ a hybrid in WVW for a couple months now after getting bored of the power burst. I thought the confusion change was going to kill it before I tried it out. The build is still just as effective as before, if not more so. The confusion change does hurt a little, but it's made up for by the other changes. Power shatter works better in some scenarios, but overall I feel my hybrid is nearly (maybe 95%) as effective as the power shatter, and even better in some fights. (have thousands of hours roaming on mesmer)

It's not the confusion change that hurts the buildIt's the Phantasm/traits/utility change.

I'm sure if you have all these hours on Mesmer roaming on NA then you've seen me before.

I've been doing it 5 years

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:If you play a pure shatter build Condi or hybrid it's now gone. You lose out on idefender and disenchanter both are huge if you know how to use them.

Again, both of these builds are still playable. Will they be the go to spec for Raids? Likely not, that doesnt mean they cant still be played and still do well with in WvW, except maybe zergs but these builds were always rubbish for zergs.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:Scepter is now terribleWhy? It looks some Condition damage, suddenly its useless? Why? In a hybrid build,. it can still pack a punch. Many a time i have seen 10k+ laser beams of death.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:If you played a phant build it's completely gone.

Was. Never. Played. In WvW. Like ever. Like. Really. Ever. In PvE open world, pointless build most things died before you could really do anything with it and god forbid fights with loads of AoE.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:If you want to talk about my skill level. Then we can try it out ?

Pyro did the same way back when and I embarrassed him. He conveniently can't recall.

How about you ?

I'll use my junk spec and most likely still outplay you.

I'm on maguuma of that helps or if not we can do it in a guild hall.

I am rather curious, what is your build? you seem to think that the class is dead, yet you say you can still beat people using the exact class that you have said is dead? My guess, my guess will be Sword/Torch and GS. Not exactly a hard build to play, especially when running with Macros that do all the work for you. So if the class is as dead as you say, why play it? If the class is in SUCH a bad spot. Why havent you gone to another class? You're then going on about how you will beat people even with a "junk" spec. Yet the class is dead!? Im slightly confused.

And too be fair, i havent touched my Mesmer since HoT, i have even posted threads about how i have just gotten into it, mostly due to the changes. I think since the changes, has to have been 9months at least since i actually took it into WvW and yet, these changes have actually made it FUN again. Something that was seriously lacking before the changes. You seem to have the opinion that you should kill everyone you see. Ive kiled people, i have died to the same people later, does it bother me? No. Because i play for fun, if you arent finding it fun - maybe play something else rather than saying its the end of the world for Mesmers?

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:It's not the confusion change that hurts the buildIt's the Phantasm/traits/utility change.

The phantasm changes actually helped my build. I was unaffected by most of the trait/utility changes.

I'm sure if you have all these hours on Mesmer roaming on NA then you've seen me before.

I've been doing it 5 years

Maybe. [WS] Mesmer Mag on Fort Aspenwood.

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

What tools did we actually lose.

Idefender - badDisenchanter - badIdefender trait spawn -badChronoplasmia from godly to God aweful.Scepter is almost useless now.Losing the ability to shatter phantasms.

Anyways my point is there is absolutely less viable builds available now then before the Nerf.

just going to throw my build out there for anyone who want to play a classic "ranged caster" build. This is pvp I'm plat 1.

GS/StaffDom/Duel/MirageTypical trait choice for power shatter except:

Dom take imaged burdenDuel Take blinding dissMirage take IH

sig midnight ,blink + whatever u wantscholar rune, sigi of separation

Play style, stay far away and use your Izerker , gs3, dodge + f1 to blow stuff up. Never spike downed, always cleave. Your get away is mainly blink and jaunt, use that 1 stealth when you are in deep shit. You will not win many 1 v 1 unless your opponent is just bad but you can +1 kill pretty much any class real fast. You will be surprisingly hard to kill and you can kite like a mofo with blink jaunt and staff 2. This build plays like a deadeye except you are a lot harder to kill and you do AE damage.

Archived