Lesser Haste is a useless and forgotten trait

shippage.1983

I can imagine a lot of situations this build would be good for, but honestly, it's the 60 second CD that ruins the skill. There's no indicator of when the trait is actually up and it feels like RNG when it does work randomly mid-fight. There's not a lot you can do to prepare for it.

I like the idea of the skill however, it would be best if the skill was just reworked so that it becomes more consistent and predictable. I could see it being a huge buff to D/P Thief builds if it became an actual viable alternative to Thrill of the Crime. Currently it's not viable in anything. Lesser Haste is a good still, but it's really the unpredictable 60 second CD that ruins the trait.

Some ideas, what if you use a certain amount of Initiative that built up to proc the trait. I feel like that would be a much more fair alternative, then you could keep track of your stacks in your boons. Or it could become viable if the CD was lowered and maybe gave a Boon as an indicator that it was up. Similar how the Mirage trait Riddle of Sand gives you an icon in your boons letting you know when it will proc.

@Cougre.6543 said:Thrill of the Crime isn't just better because it gets procced more frequently, but also because it always lines up with Steal. It guarantees you'll always have fury the moment you land your steal, thus packing it together with the rest of the thief's burst.

This.

That said, it's extremely strong to have quickness on steal, so I think it'd just need to stay as it is but have a much shorter cooldown to at least have some semblance of purpose/reason to take it.

In my S/d build I have all the swiftness I need from Acro line and the #2 port. It full time. In that same build I have all the Fury I need it being near uptime. Base Crit rate is high for when it not running. The added stack of might from TOTC really adds nothing. So why would I take TOTC?

Now with BOA traited that same build provides me with 10 seconds quickness just off BOA. Even if I did not have added boon duration I am still getting swiftness and fury added to that quickness. Specced into DE this gives me around 17 seconds quickness just by opening with an attack from the flank using BqobK. I much prefer added quickness uptime over another might stack, or an over supply of swiftness so all I get out of TOTC is a a few more seconds fury. If in fact TOTC is providing fury on a build where it not running due to this BOA , the added quickness will still allow many more attacks in the same period of time. The only real advantage of TOTC then becomes its ability to share and the lower ICD so no I do not think the ICD on BOA should be dramatically less. Keep in mind as well that if in DE the BqobK trait adds 200 power and 200 precision as long as you have quickness running. This means on opening if coupled with a MARK even without boon duration added this bonus lasts for 10 seconds. If DE specced, I see no reason not to take BOA over TOTC.

As to the timing of the skill I do not find it overly difficult. I tend to open with a flank attack or one from the rear which most thieves will do. This kicks in the BOA on initial burst. In the DE spec this quickness then adds on to the BqoBk quickness. Given I tend to hold malice up on a target through duration what I get in essence is one BOA kick in every second steal. I do not think this overly long given the nature of quickness and what a thief can do with just the AA on their weapons.

That one can not always properly time when this quickness kicks in is really not that big an issue . It will NOT kick in unless you are making an attack and I can not envision why I would not want it on a given attack. It not like quickness overwrites something else. If you have quickness already this just kicks in more and it harder for a thief to get full time quickness then full time swiftness or fury . Granted it might come off that ICD when you in the middle of a fight and one might want to be aware of it so they can ensure they make another flank attack , but this really has nothing to do with the base power of the trait itself. In this regard it much like other traits with ICDS like PR. (I think others have suggested a sort of timer "tell" so one can know when the ICD on such traits have expired but I am not sure how this would add to screen clutter and whether it would be all that useful)

Finally all of this comes without traiting trickster. With trickster trait the trait more useful and you can even get an added Condition cleanse off it. The only real issues I have with the design is the inability of Improv to reset and the purpose of that stun break. Otherwise as a major adept, this a very potent skill and hardly useless. There a good number of s/x thieves in particular that use it. (I also think this might work well in p/d condition but have not tried that enough yet).

If you take improvisation you can reset it if you're lucky since it's a trick skill. But unless you take crit strikes or have another way to get fury reliably, it's not really worth taking especially due to it's 60 sec ICD.

Then again if you manage to proc it just right starting your burst you can down people very quickly (assuming they don't have passive invulns which is spread far and wide these days -_-).

They really do need to add some UI indicators as to when certain traits are available/ on cd though.

@CreedOfGod.9764 said:If you take improvisation you can reset it if you're lucky since it's a trick skill. But unless you take crit strikes or have another way to get fury reliably, it's not really worth taking especially due to it's 60 sec ICD.

Then again if you manage to proc it just right starting your burst you can down people very quickly (assuming they don't have passive invulns which is spread far and wide these days -_-).

They really do need to add some UI indicators as to when certain traits are available/ on cd though.

With improv as per the WIKI reset no longer occurs on this trait listed as a bug. I am not sure that has been fixed yet and it very hard to test.

Like many traits it works best if you spec your build to take advantage of what this trait offers. As example marry it to BqoBk for the +200 +200. If you have a high Crit base build (as many DE specs do ) Fury is really not that big an issue. DE spec also has an internal source of fury which is acquired at close to the same rate for the same duration as the Steal (TOTC) source on the typical d/p build.

@"babazhook.6805" said:In my S/d build I have all the swiftness I need from Acro line and the #2 port. It full time. In that same build I have all the Fury I need it being near uptime. Base Crit rate is high for when it not running. The added stack of might from TOTC really adds nothing. So why would I take TOTC?

Now with BOA traited that same build provides me with 10 seconds quickness just off BOA. Even if I did not have added boon duration I am still getting swiftness and fury added to that quickness. Specced into DE this gives me around 17 seconds quickness just by opening with an attack from the flank using BqobK. I much prefer added quickness uptime over another might stack, or an over supply of swiftness so all I get out of TOTC is a a few more seconds fury. If in fact TOTC is providing fury on a build where it not running due to this BOA , the added quickness will still allow many more attacks in the same period of time. The only real advantage of TOTC then becomes its ability to share and the lower ICD so no I do not think the ICD on BOA should be dramatically less. Keep in mind as well that if in DE the BqobK trait adds 200 power and 200 precision as long as you have quickness running. This means on opening if coupled with a MARK even without boon duration added this bonus lasts for 10 seconds. If DE specced, I see no reason not to take BOA over TOTC.

As to the timing of the skill I do not find it overly difficult. I tend to open with a flank attack or one from the rear which most thieves will do. This kicks in the BOA on initial burst. In the DE spec this quickness then adds on to the BqoBk quickness. Given I tend to hold malice up on a target through duration what I get in essence is one BOA kick in every second steal. I do not think this overly long given the nature of quickness and what a thief can do with just the AA on their weapons.

That one can not always properly time when this quickness kicks in is really not that big an issue . It will NOT kick in unless you are making an attack and I can not envision why I would not want it on a given attack. It not like quickness overwrites something else. If you have quickness already this just kicks in more and it harder for a thief to get full time quickness then full time swiftness or fury . Granted it might come off that ICD when you in the middle of a fight and one might want to be aware of it so they can ensure they make another flank attack , but this really has nothing to do with the base power of the trait itself. In this regard it much like other traits with ICDS like PR. (I think others have suggested a sort of timer "tell" so one can know when the ICD on such traits have expired but I am not sure how this would add to screen clutter and whether it would be all that useful)

Finally all of this comes without traiting trickster. With trickster trait the trait more useful and you can even get an added Condition cleanse off it. The only real issues I have with the design is the inability of Improv to reset and the purpose of that stun break. Otherwise as a major adept, this a very potent skill and hardly useless. There a good number of s/x thieves in particular that use it. (I also think this might work well in p/d condition but have not tried that enough yet).

Yup.

• 2 months later...

The only situation the stunbreaks could work in without Mug would be a non-LoS stun/daze being applied in the middle of a midair projectile attack.

So effectively P/x in a few niche situations.

The trait is good but only really with a few setups which artificially deflates its value. Generally, TotC is just better across a wider array of builds/weapons.

Archived