BUG: Function Gyro

jebro.6370

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been posted in the bug forum. You dont have to die, moving instances wprk too. Someone else did some digging:

"But the most reliable way to trigger this (i cant say for sure if it is the only way) is to go to hotm, find the training npcs and down them. Then you need to use your gyro and stomp manually. The act of stomping the same target my gyro was stomping triggered this for me every single time, 100%. It might also possibly trigger on allies stomping the same target but i haven't had time to properly test that. If anything this tells us how rare actually stomping instead of cleaving is nowadays.As you cannot stomp normally while gyro is off cooldown we can not choose not to activate it, and due to its frailty often the scrapper is needed to personally ensure a stomp, so this would happen pretty often.

Once this bug has happened you need to either die or swap instance. Retraiting scrapper does not work."

Jebro, the bug has also been reported in the bug section. It not only affects gyro rezing or stomping, it also disables the capability of the scrapper to stomp himself. It would be good to keep this post up here and the one in the bug section so developers may be aware of the issue.

I can confirm the stomp bug with my charr scrapper. Previous to the last patch it happened from time to time but after the patch the bug is persistent 80% of the time. It seems the bug is related somehow with the function gyro, are we maybe sharing the 20s ICD with ther gyro once it is activated? Cannot confirm this but it maybe enlights some developer to find a quick fix. NOT ABLE TO STOMP may be considered a minor issue when zerging, but when roaming/havoc and in pvp the first stomp means the difference between victory or defeat. This problem is CRITICAL right now because it denies a whole spec if you pretend to play it at competitive level.

@Dristig.9678 said:It's even easier to duplicate all you have to do is beat the gyro to the stomp. Use quickness or have someone knock the Gyro back and do the stomp yourself. Breaks it every time.

You don't even have to beat the gyro, just as long as you attempt a stomp while the gyro is out. This can trigger when using a stomp on a different target than the one your gyro is stomping (sweet doublestomps).

It's absurd that this bug has not only not been fixed close to two weeks after the initial balance patch that introduced it, but they haven't even acknowledged that they're working on it in the bug fix forum.

When there were critical issues with skills/professions ArenaNet used to deactivate skills/traits until they were fixed. Why haven't they done this here? Just turn off the function gyro until they fix the problem. I'd rather not have it than to not be able to res/stomp at all in PvP.

It's literally a gamebreaking bug, and it baffles me they haven't even acknowledged its existence or made any movements to indicate that they're aware of it. I feel like we're back in 2012/2013 where skills would be left broken for weeks.

@Phineas Poe.3018 said:It's absurd that this bug has not only not been fixed close to two weeks after the initial balance patch that introduced it, but they haven't even acknowledged that they're working on it in the bug fix forum.

When there were critical issues with skills/professions ArenaNet used to deactivate skills/traits until they were fixed. Why haven't they done this here? Just turn off the function gyro until they fix the problem. I'd rather not have it than to not be able to res/stomp at all in PvP.

It's literally a gamebreaking bug, and it baffles me they haven't even acknowledged its existence or made any movements to indicate that they're aware of it. I feel like we're back in 2012/2013 where skills would be left broken for weeks.

I agree. I haven't logged again on the game since I detected this CRITICAL bug. Right now scrapper cannot be used in WvW/PvP competitively.

i bet it is something like "we can not reproduce the issue internally"... or whateverbut its really (!) annoying. the first time since PoF when scrapper is atleast "fun" again in wvw and i cant do half my job. (because not only the function is not spawning, it doesnt allow you to rez/stomp at all if it happens)

I'm the last person to defend the devs and their idiotic decisions they make sometimes but I am 100% honest that I experience it about 1/3 of the time that I play Scrapper. That said, it's still game breaking as fuck because it makes you and your gyro useless when it comes to rezing and stomping. I'd LoL if it happened to be some sort of cheat / exploit but I highly doubt it.

Archived