Gold 3 Is Incredibly Toxic

Lyger.5429

This division has to be the absolute worst of them all. The amount of kitten that actually goes on there is mind blowing. People throwing matches by afking or dcing every other match but returning just so you lose pips. I kid you not, no less than 4 matches I played yesterday had a dc.

Even some of the plays people make, leave you questiong if there's even a person at the computer. But here's the thing once you get past it, like close to plat 2 (cause early plat still bad) or drop below it like gold 2 you get normal matches again.

So what is actually going on? When Anet starts punishing people for this stuff (if ever) please start with this division.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:I've noticed this strange phenomena as well, to the point where climbing from plat I -> plat II is actually easier than gold III -> plat I just because people intentionally sabotage their own teams making wins totally random.

Absolutely this, if going from plat 1 to 2 is easier then something is definitely wrong. Ideally it's best to just land in plat from placements and never have to touch gold 3. This is just ridiculous.

This is an interesting topic because i was wondering quite the same lately. I keep doing the yoyo between 1350 and 1500 due to unplayable matchs, and it's true that there are many games where people decide to afk at 100 pts difference or to throw the game for no reason.

Also noticed people do play much smarter at 1350 than at 1500 ( i.e they might not be so good at fighting, but they do know good rotations and stuff)

Frustrated people dropping plat1>gold3 because of idiot teams and equally frustrated people finally reaching gold3 only to get faced with what is basicly plat1 people so that they can drop again.

The core problem of sPvP remain your 100% individual rank based on the performance of 4 random people you just met.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Frustrated people dropping plat1>gold3 because of idiot teams and equally frustrated people finally reaching gold3 only to get faced with what is basicly plat1 people so that they can drop again.

The core problem of sPvP remain your 100% individual rank based on the performance of 4 random people you just met.

This is 100% true too. Right now i keep dropping in the ladder, although i fail to see what i'm doing bad. We manage to win sides easily, people keep trying mid, die to a crap holo or a scourge ( sometimes 1v3..), and we end up losing 500-350 a match that in theory should be won 500-150. This is happening a lot and is really frustrating.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Frustrated people dropping plat1>gold3 because of idiot teams and equally frustrated people finally reaching gold3 only to get faced with what is basicly plat1 people so that they can drop again.

I still think they need to find a way to take performance into account. Even if it isn't perfect.

@pah.4931 said:

I still think they need to find a way to take performance into account. Even if it isn't perfect.

I agree. I think the amount of points should be calculated based on personal merit. For example, a player who earned a badge for damage, offense and most number of kills should earn more points (or lose less) depending on the situation.

I think some of this toxicity is stemming from good players that see people who have been playing this game mode for 5+ years, and still play like they just started the game mode 1 month ago. But I also agree and see people who get so angry that people are not using their bronze/silver tactics anymore and trying to improve, thinking that their bronze/silver tactics is how pvp is, and should be played, in a conquest style game match.

LOL

Welcome to my four seasons where I did nothing but rollercoaster'd up to plat 1 down to gold 3 back to plat 1 and then gold 3 again. I always end up letting the decay kick in cause I'm bored of it or staying in g3, because apparently the game can't decide if I'm actually ready for plat games or not.

If I'm not ready, then that's fine, but damn I would like a solid position.

I think it's very toxic because you can be matched up against plat level players while in your team have silver level people.

It's impossible someone arrived gold3 and go mid all the lenght of the match 1vs3-4 and just die only.

I can be not a pro, but at least I don't go random against 3 enemies alone.

So I am suspicious you can be matched even with teammates that just reached rank 20 and played just the qualify games and ended up bronze pr something or it has no sense.

And then comes Zef, takes a lazy look at all that talk and asks the question:

"So what?"

Does higher division earn you more rewards? Nope.Is there anyone who gets above 50% winrate once system is done placing them? Only the top dogs.Is anything below legendary top dogs? No.Conclusion:

No matter your skill level your rewards will be same unless you reach the absolute pinnacle where there are no enemies equal to you at all, or the very bottom where you're so bad that even biggest losers put on enemy team still have major edge over you.

Everyone else?Simple question - do i want to put all the time and effort it takes to learn ton of shit to get from my position to absolute top dog or not.

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:And then comes Zef, takes a lazy look at all that talk and asks the question:

"So what?"

Does higher division earn you more rewards? Nope.Is there anyone who gets above 50% winrate once system is done placing them? Only the top dogs.Is anything below legendary top dogs? No.Conclusion:

No matter your skill level your rewards will be same unless you reach the absolute pinnacle where there are no enemies equal to you at all, or the very bottom where you're so bad that even biggest losers put on enemy team still have major edge over you.

Everyone else?Simple question - do i want to put all the time and effort it takes to learn ton of kitten to get from my position to absolute top dog or not.

Great point but...

There is the qualitative angle. Some of us are only looking for good matches between equally skilled players. It's this quality - win or lose - that is missing at Gold 3. Unfortunately, I don't believe that quality will improve so long as there are badges for divisions and massive gold pve rewards for playing.

Keep the system exactly as is mechanically.

Make the ranks invisible removing the division badges.

Remove all PvP rewards (except the old.tracks)

That is the solution. I promise most games will be quality at that point because the trash players will see themselves out and only those who enjoy the mode will remain. I'm basically advocating a return to pre-season 1.

Gold 3 to Platinium 1 is absolutely horrible. I lost 8 matches in a row last night and fell down to Gold 3 .

It would be one thing if the matches were close, but they were complete blow outs.

This new matching system does not create fair games, but unfair matches again and again. Players are being over-rated and mismatched exponentially.

It's brutal and doesn't make much sense.

@allias.1420 said:I agree. I think the amount of points should be calculated based on personal merit. For example, a player who earned a badge for damage, offense and most number of kills should earn more points (or lose less) depending on the situation.I completely disagree with this. Top stat badges can be earned even through game throwing misplays, think an AoE burn guardian blinking into an entire enemy team at mid and repeatedly suiciding while not managing to kill anyone. They would be likely to earn the damage, and perhaps even offense badge while being completely detrimental to the team.

Badges hardly say anything about your performance in a game.

@Cougre.6543 said:

@allias.1420 said:I agree. I think the amount of points should be calculated based on personal merit. For example, a player who earned a badge for damage, offense and most number of kills should earn more points (or lose less) depending on the situation.I completely disagree with this. Top stat badges can be earned even through game throwing misplays, think an AoE burn guardian blinking into an entire enemy team at mid and repeatedly suiciding while not managing to kill anyone. They would be likely to earn the damage, and perhaps even offense badge while being completely detrimental to the team.

Or your team is constantly doing a 3v2 or even 3v1 on your close point leaving you outnumbered on the rest of the map unable to score any top stats, then you get the blame for not having any top stats LUL

@Cougre.6543 said:

That's why they need smarter, better maths... but IF they can find a way to reward performance, it would be WAY better than just Wins/Losses. I'm sure it's far too big of an investment to figure that out.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:I've noticed this strange phenomena as well, to the point where climbing from plat I -> plat II is actually easier than gold III -> plat I just because people intentionally sabotage their own teams making wins totally random.

There's nothing strange about it. Gold 3 is where the people suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect run into the wall of reality.

And then get angry at it.

Archived