No LWS4 Ep 2 for today, nor trailer: are you sleeping?

Susy.7529

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still have like 3-ish weeks before the 3 month schedule becomes a threat. Given some stretch for the wintersday break.I had some hope to see a teaser this week.A trailer next week, on the 20th, and the actual release on the 27th.That should be about the 3 month mark not taking wintersday break into acount.

The 2-3 month is not a cast iron absolute 100% guarantee. It is their aim and approx guide for us. There has been 3 week delay for the Christmas break for starters. Hounding them wont make it appear any quicker. We still get pve content drops quicker than most other MMO's, so it will be "ready when it is ready". I'd much rather a small delay for fine tuning than it being rushed out anyway (especially given the number of patch day bugs creeping - any additional testing time should be welcomed)

Since arenanet took 2 weeks off then atleast add 2 more weeks to the time frame. It was the 18 or a little before when they announced a trailer..... ANd the 22nd I think was when it was released. So since they were breaking for 2 weeks, 22nd or around there should be when the trailer happens maybe. ANd first week of march will be release.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:They still have like 3-ish weeks before the 3 month schedule becomes a threat. Given some stretch for the wintersday break.I had some hope to see a teaser this week.A trailer next week, on the 20th, and the actual release on the 27th.That should be about the 3 month mark not taking wintersday break into acount.

Agreed. Daybreak was released on November 28th so we've still got 2 weeks before we hit the 3 month mark, including 2 Tuesdays, and that's if you don't allow any time for the shutdown over Christmas and New Year. If you do then you can add another week or two to the release window.

They may also be leaving it later because we've had 2 festivals since the last episode so players haven't had as much time to focus on the episode as they normally do. Of course that's not a problem for the fastest, who will probably have completed everything in a few days, but some of us need the extra time. Especially over Christmas when many people are busy and/or away in real life.

Alternatively it's only 11am on the west coast of America where Anet are based so there's plenty of time for them to release a trailer or other announcement today. And also there's no reason they have to release trailers on a Tuesday, they could put one out tomorrow and then release the episode next Tuesday. They could in theory release an episode with no prior announcement, but that would be a bit odd. (Especially since I imagine peak numbers of players online at once is one of their key metrics, internally and maybe reported to NCSoft, and the highest peaks almost certainly happen on release days.)

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:You could probably expect an announcement between March-April. With a new map introduced per episode, I am pleased with the rate of releases.

That's kind of late though, slipping on the cadence by making them, might as well call it quarterly, that's no way to thank us for giving them one of their most recent brag worthy financial quarters.

@thesilverdragoon.3078 said:You could probably expect an announcement between March-April. With a new map introduced per episode, I am pleased with the rate of releases.

Theres nothing pleasing with a release taking 4 or so months when the max the have given themselves is 3 months. If this is happening because they have squish in a fractal then that even worse. Get the lvl updare out of the way and release the fractal at a later date.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@"thesilverdragoon.3078" said:You could probably expect an announcement between March-April. With a new map introduced per episode, I am pleased with the rate of releases.

That's kind of late though, slipping on the cadence by making them, might as well call it quarterly, that's no way to thank us for giving them one of their most recent brag worthy financial quarters.

"No breaks in content delivery" "no content droughts"

@blambidy.3216 said:Since arenanet took 2 weeks off then atleast add 2 more weeks to the time frame. It was the 18 or a little before when they announced a trailer..... ANd the 22nd I think was when it was released. So since they were breaking for 2 weeks, 22nd or around there should be when the trailer happens maybe. ANd first week of march will be release.

Dont forget the living world team has been working on these episodes since the final ep of se3...

@"Randulf.7614" said:The 2-3 month is not a cast iron absolute 100% guarantee. It is their aim and approx guide for us. There has been 3 week delay for the Christmas break for starters. Hounding them wont make it appear any quicker. We still get pve content drops quicker than most other MMO's, so it will be "ready when it is ready". I'd much rather a small delay for fine tuning than it being rushed out anyway (especially given the number of patch day bugs creeping - any additional testing time should be welcomed)

They had a head start since se 3.

@zealex.9410 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Since arenanet took 2 weeks off then atleast add 2 more weeks to the time frame. It was the 18 or a little before when they announced a trailer..... ANd the 22nd I think was when it was released. So since they were breaking for 2 weeks, 22nd or around there should be when the trailer happens maybe. ANd first week of march will be release.

Dont forget the living world team has been working on these episodes since the final ep of se3

And? You act like you have made a game before. Games take writing, drawing, sound creation, and graphics to all make a game properly. Arenanet also said once hot was released, they were working on pof. So within that time it took while making living world season 3 and pof dev to actually release pof. Which added much more content. I understand your frustration however there’s many things to do in this game then complain about waiting an extra 2 weeks.

Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode. Now how long more? Possible the new episode is when the festival ends or is ending. But to be like they been working since lvs3? Does it matter? Honestly me personally we need expansions rather then lv seasons. But living world seasons brings a lot to the game. Enjoy the ride. Do things in between like crafting all your characters to ascended and before you know it a new episode is happening.

Do things in between. Fractals to 100? Fully ascended? Then go legendary. Crafting not at 500? Go all 500. You have all 400 mastery points? Get the mastery points. There’s plenty more to do while waiting. But a chapter that only last 2 hours isn’t enough to hyperventilate over. The map? Maybe. But relax.

I was kind of expecting a trailer today but wasn't expecting the patch until the Lunar Festival ends on the 22nd. Definitely craving some more pve content though. Been focused on pvp seasons back to back with a few holiday things thrown in.

Lunar New Year seems a little lackluster this year though, but that's probably because Wintersday received such a big update and the lunar festival in itself is kind of a small celebration.

@blambidy.3216 said:

Dont forget the living world team has been working on these episodes since the final ep of se3

And? You act like you have made a game before. Games take writing, drawing, sound creation, and graphics to all make a game properly. Arenanet also said once hot was released, they were working on pof. So within that time it took while making living world season 3 and pof dev to actually release pof. Which added much more content. I understand your frustration however there’s many things to do in this game then complain about waiting an extra 2 weeks.

Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode. Now how long more? Possible the new episode is when the festival ends or is ending. But to be like they been working since lvs3? Does it matter? Honestly me personally we need expansions rather then lv seasons. But living world seasons brings a lot to the game. Enjoy the ride. Do things in between like crafting all your characters to ascended and before you know it a new episode is happening.

Do things in between. Fractals to 100? Fully ascended? Then go legendary. Crafting not at 500? Go all 500. You have all 400 mastery points? Get the mastery points. There’s plenty more to do while waiting. But a chapter that only last 2 hours isn’t enough to hyperventilate over. The map? Maybe. But relax.

They said each ep takes six months~ of development and this is the second team which has been working on ep2 for either 9 months or 6.

And dont tell me what theres to do in the game because i had ascended set for most if not all the chacters i play since se3 iv been playing fractals since i started the game. Went for the legendaries i wanted and frankly crafting is disgustingly boring in this game.

I am relaxed im just sayimg things anet themselves have said. "No content drough and breaks in content delivery" u cant have breaks if every release takes a quarter to come out. : ^)

And no i havent made a game but would be cool if anet could keep up with the goals thev put for themsleves.

@blambidy.3216 said:Idk how long you have played but to be safe here arenanet also just added the new festival. So I assumed and was right. That the festival will happen before the episode.

Why does everyone use the festival as an excuse? With the exception of the race it is pretty much the same content as they have done in previous years. Remember that they launched their first expansion and Halloween at the same time so I doubt the festival slows them down much, in fact it is probably better to launch during one as it allows them to work any bugs out of the new content while some people are doing the festival.

Archived