Racial Sympathies

Eekasqueak.7850

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I noticed I can only choose quaggan, grawl or hylek as Asuran on the Wiki but it says if I play with someone else I can get a different racial sympathy, if I do the quests for my race will I be unable to do that? I really want to get racial sympathy with the Skritt.

Each race has a choice of 3 from Ogre, hylek, skritt, quaggan, grawl ( I think that's all of them). It's fixed for each character race. If I had to guess, asura have experimented on skritt too much for them to ever get close to asura?

Only Charr, Human, and Sylvari can get Skritt for that mission.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_story#Chapter_V_.E2.80.94_Helping_Hands_.E2.80.94_Level_50

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:I noticed I can only choose quaggan, grawl or hylek as Asuran on the Wiki but it says if I play with someone else I can get a different racial sympathy, if I do the quests for my race will I be unable to do that? I really want to get racial sympathy with the Skritt.

Each race has a choice of 3 from Ogre, hylek, skritt, quaggan, grawl ( I think that's all of them). It's fixed for each character race. If I had to guess, asura have experimented on skritt too much for them to ever get close to asura?

Yeah but the wiki says if I do the mission with another player I can get that sympathy.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I noticed I can only choose quaggan, grawl or hylek as Asuran on the Wiki but it says if I play with someone else I can get a different racial sympathy, if I do the quests for my race will I be unable to do that? I really want to get racial sympathy with the Skritt.

Yeah but the wiki says if I do the mission with another player I can get that sympathy.

Right! So how that would work is, you would have to be in a party with someone else who is playing one of those three races, you have to have not done those missions on that character yet, they have to choose skritt and start all of the parts of the personal story (not you), so you're just along for the ride, the story will revolve around them, and I think you would have to do this from the mission where you pick a race to help all the way through to completing those missions.

I think that will work, but I've never tried it.

@bearshaman.3421 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I noticed I can only choose quaggan, grawl or hylek as Asuran on the Wiki but it says if I play with someone else I can get a different racial sympathy, if I do the quests for my race will I be unable to do that? I really want to get racial sympathy with the Skritt.

Right! So how that would work is, you would have to be in a party with someone else who is playing one of those three races, you have to have not done those missions on that character yet, they have to start each of the parts of the personal story (not you), so you're just along for the ride, the story will revolve around them, and I think you would have to do this from the mission where you pick a race to help all the way through to completing those missions.

Right, the part about having to not have done it was what I wanted to know.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Right! So how that would work is, you would have to be in a party with someone else who is playing one of those three races, you have to have not done those missions on that character yet, they have to start each of the parts of the personal story (not you), so you're just along for the ride, the story will revolve around them, and I think you would have to do this from the mission where you pick a race to help all the way through to completing those missions.

Right, the part about having to not have done it was what I wanted to know.

Yeah, once you have already chosen a race, you are locked into that one race, and can only have the one.

Archived