Idea: AoE Ground Target Option Change — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Idea: AoE Ground Target Option Change

So currently, for AoE Ground Target, in the menu you can choose to either manually place the AoE, or have it snap to ground at current target.

Problem is, you can't choose which AoEs do what. your stuck with one or the other. so most go manually. issue there is when your moving camera, you can't see where mouse is.

So the Idea here is to remove that option from the menu, and instead put it on the skills themselves.

So you'd right click a skill icon, and select "Manual, Auto place at current target, or place at self"

this would allow you to diversify the ground target skills based on how they ment to be used.
like AoE heals, you generally want to put on top of you, so select "place at self"
AoE attacks, on your enemy "Place at current target" (and if it has a bit of a cast time, you can set it to manual)
and AoE teleports, manual as you are either using it to get in front of enemy, or away.

this would help alot for using these skills without having to search for where your mouse is when you turning your camera

Comments

• Oh - I really like this idea. I have to toggle the option on and off all the time, this would make that problem disappear.

Sorry about the bad grammar - I am trying to get better, I promise ^_^

• Still too clunky, imo. SWTOR has the simplest solution:

• Single tap on ability = ground target marker
    • Double tap = auto cast at target location
  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the idea.

• Sojourner.4621Sojourner.4621 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    Still too clunky, imo. SWTOR has the simplest solution:

Either this or maybe single tap auto targets, and press and hold frees the ground target to be used wherever your target is when you release the key. For me at least I feel this would be the most intuitive. Only problem with this is ofc if you're a skill clicker I suppose...

• Weedy.9451Weedy.9451 Member
    edited November 9, 2018

I would be really happy to see such an option in the close future. Each spell has its usage and not all are meant to be targeted the same way.

• @Sojourner.4621 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:
    Still too clunky, imo. SWTOR has the simplest solution:

Either this or maybe single tap auto targets, and press and hold frees the ground target to be used wherever your target is when you release the key. For me at least I feel this would be the most intuitive. Only problem with this is ofc if you're a skill clicker I suppose...

This would make Theif SB5, Shadow Step, Merciful Intervention, Blink, Lightning Flash, Wings of Resolve (+ Other ground target teleports / movement skills) really clunky to use as you have to wait before moving, could be the difference in escaping and not escaping in the event of PvP. At that point it would be quicker to press the skill and then click the mouse.

I'd be fine with it as an option but not forced

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.