Power ranger DPS benchmarks?

adventure.9032

If there is a history on that site you should be able to find some power druid. It's significantly lower than what's up there right now, which is why it's not listed.

Keep in mind qt is for raids or whatever pve thingies. Power druid/ranger is totally viable in PvP, WvW, and open world/non-raid/high-end fractal or whatever PvE

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:all i know is, no one plays power in pve fractalssnowcrows has that up--and the condi sb sw/torch Soulbeast is 32k dps.

Do you mean just for ranger or all builds? There are plenty of top power builds, like Power holo, power DH, Staff DD and staff weaver is also very good. There are a lot of frac fights that suit power as well, it's definitely not a condi hostage situation.

But if you meant just for ranger? Yes, going power in fracs is a significant output loss for most situations compared to the condi variations - but I mean you can still use power if you want, it's not totally gimped. I still use power in WVW and open world though.

Power Ranger isn't really used much anymore due to Soulbeast being much stronger - Thanks to the skill "Sick em!".

Power Druid: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ocysUU1zRjQPower Druid can be used at Samarog/Sloth and certain fractals, but it's overshadowed by Condi Druid unless your team damage is extremely high.

Power Soulbeast:

Power Soulbeast is really good for open world, but is miles behind Holosmith, Weaver and Dragonhunter for raids and fractals. Can burst up to ~45k DPS for really short fights, again making it a reasonable pick for experienced fractal runs. Main problem is that Weaver is a little broken in fractals right now due to tempest defence, so most experienced groups aren't exactly accommodating towards power soulbeasts.

In summary, for casual play power ranger/druid/soulbeast is a really good pick. For content like fractals/raids, pugs really don't like power builds so you might run into trouble finding groups that will accept you. They are really good for experienced groups but the team needs high DPS to make it worthwhile.

condition builds in general are better in fractals and raids because of the high HP of the mobs. There are a few power builds that ramp up so fast that they equal or outperform condi builds but ranger doesn't have those.

if you want to play power ranger it is amazing for open world stuff as mobs tend to have less health and drop quickly.

@"AnariiUK.7409" said:Power Ranger isn't really used much anymore due to Soulbeast being much stronger - Thanks to the skill "Sick em!".

Power Druid: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ocysUU1zRjQPower Druid can be used at Samarog/Sloth and certain fractals, but it's overshadowed by Condi Druid unless your team damage is extremely high.

Power Soulbeast:

Power Soulbeast is really good for open world, but is miles behind Holosmith, Weaver and Dragonhunter for raids and fractals. Can burst up to ~45k DPS for really short fights, again making it a reasonable pick for experienced fractal runs. Main problem is that Weaver is a little broken in fractals right now due to tempest defence, so most experienced groups aren't exactly accommodating towards power soulbeasts.

In summary, for casual play power ranger/druid/soulbeast is a really good pick. For content like fractals/raids, pugs really don't like power builds so you might run into trouble finding groups that will accept you. They are really good for experienced groups but the team needs high DPS to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the link, this was exactly what I was looking!

• 2 weeks later...

@adventure.9032 said:

@"AnariiUK.7409" said:Power Ranger isn't really used much anymore due to Soulbeast being much stronger - Thanks to the skill "Sick em!".

Power Druid:
Power Druid can be used at Samarog/Sloth and certain fractals, but it's overshadowed by Condi Druid unless your team damage is extremely high.

Power Soulbeast:

In summary, for casual play power ranger/druid/soulbeast is a really good pick. For content like fractals/raids, pugs
really
don't like power builds so you might run into trouble finding groups that will accept you. They are really good for experienced groups but the team needs high DPS to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the link, this was exactly what I was looking!

Keep in mind this was before alacrity nerf. The alacrity change reduced the dps by a lot. I did test power soulbeast benchmarks yesterday and here are my results:

(note: i had 0 power infusions and power+cdmg food because i'm cheap so the numbers are few hundred dps worse than they should be)gs + sword/axe (BM + Skirmishing) - 22.3kpure sword/axe (BM + Skirmishing) - 23.3kpure sword/axe (BM + Marksmanship with accuracy sigil) - 24.2k

Also later I realized I would've done more dps if I used Predator's Cunning paired with Vulture Stance instead of Sharpening Stone, but that's not much anyway.Overall, power soulbeast is terrible but has good burst. Sword/GS auto dmg needs to be increased by a lot

While Marksmanship with accuracy sigil comes out as the best on golem (and would be in raids), please know if you're underbuffed, or soloing or lowmanning, skirmishing provides a lot of crit chance and might/quickness generation.

Archived