Race and gender animations

Solzero.5380

why do certain races and or gender animation feel smother than other? I've always played with human male but then decided to make him female and I must say the difference in movement is very noticeable. Human female feels more fluid and more reactive when performing skills. Asuras also feel way more fluid than any other race. Now I know why we have the "female human meta".

If I understand the question correctly, I think this is an illusion caused by different character sizes. All player characters move at the same speed, jump the same height, dodge the same distance, etc. So if you play as a smaller character, they appear to be moving faster than a larger character, because they are relative to their size. The overall effect is that smaller characters feel much more agile. Since human female characters are (usually) smaller than human male characters, this is probably the effect you're noticing.

Of course, if this was the only thing affecting the female human meta, surely we'd have a smallest possible asura meta?

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:If I understand the question correctly, I think this is an illusion caused by different character sizes. All player characters move at the same speed, jump the same height, dodge the same distance, etc. So if you play as a smaller character, they appear to be moving faster than a larger character, because they are relative to their size. The overall effect is that smaller characters feel much more agile. Since human female characters are (usually) smaller than human male characters, this is probably the effect you're noticing.

Of course, if this was the only thing affecting the female human meta, surely we'd have a smallest possible asura meta?

Never thought of this before but I think you could be into something.I always tend to Void going Male, Norm, Chunk Norris build cos the run jump dodge always feels slow and clunky compared to Asurans or Sylvain alternatives... this might just be the reasoning, but unfortunately it won't make me thinkndiffertly when creating new toons :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:If I understand the question correctly, I think this is an illusion caused by different character sizes. All player characters move at the same speed, jump the same height, dodge the same distance, etc. So if you play as a smaller character, they appear to be moving faster than a larger character, because they are relative to their size. The overall effect is that smaller characters feel much more agile. Since human female characters are (usually) smaller than human male characters, this is probably the effect you're noticing.

Never thought of this before but I think you could be into something.I always tend to Void going Male, Norm, Chunk Norris build cos the run jump dodge always feels slow and clunky compared to Asurans or Sylvain alternatives... this might just be the reasoning, but unfortunately it won't make me thinkndiffertly when creating new toons :)

It makes a big difference in jumping puzzles as well - I always find those easier with an asura because they feel so much more agile (they don't block your view either).

Archived