( HELP) FPS Drop after Windows Update

Ninuz.1763

Hi Guys, today i decide to update Windows with the new update available and notice that i cant run the Game like before!I was able to play the game at 40/50 FPS smoothly, now with lower graphic setting i m sitting on 18/20!What s happened? i try to see the battery performance and it is on MAX, try to run the game as administrator, but nothing change.i dont have any idea.I install 5 Windows update, but i m able to only uninstall 2 of those( maybe the lastest) , i should uninstall them and see if that fix the problem?I m not good with this s***t so please help me!Thank you!

Are you playing in Windowed Full screen?If you are try changing to Windowed mode wait a few seconds then switch back.I have been suffering a solid FPS switch from 60 (VSYNC on) to sudden drop to 30 for no apparent reason no matter what I am doing or what map... switching Windowed mode fixes it.. though it will read it's ugly head again and again.

One thing I have noticed since the Fall update when my PC goes into power down or I have alt tabbed to something else like viewing forums for any length of time this FPS issues arises. Leads me to think there is a Windows issue or that GW2 has some issue with that particular Win10 update... There are some interesting issues highlighted win win10 since fall update in regards to FPS.. . Maybe take a Google and see if any of the remedies people have come up with help you.... sadly for me nothing has fixed it and A NET have never acknowledged there is any issue despite a number of discussions on the forums.One obvious thing to do is check your GPU drivers are up to date of course or maybe even backdating to a previous driver to see if anything improves.... had to do that as well before with my Nvidia drivers.Good luck

I update my Nvidia Drivers, nothing changes.I try to disable the Windows Game overlay and DVR but nothing changes.I try to switch from Windowed fullscreen to Fullscreen, nothing changes.I disable the Optimization for Fullscreen mode, but nothing happens.The only think that work right now is deleting the file in the Appdata\ Roaming and Temp GW2 folder before starting the game! but is a temporal fix, cause you have to do it each time before starting the game.

i Think i m gonna downgrade to the latest build of Windows. Now the problem is to understand which build was.Thank you for your help anyway.

Archived