Make some items unaccount bound please

Rysdude.3824

@Linken.6345 said:Well just craft another exotic greatsword or buy one of the tp whats the problem what doing that Menadena?

That was an example, I am sure I could think of more expensive soulbound items if that is the holdup. The problem is if one character no longer needs something you need to use u an inventory slot on the character/a slot in the bank rather than just using it on one of your characters that can use it. Assuming you are not just going to salvage or delete it.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well just craft another exotic greatsword or buy one of the tp whats the problem what doing that Menadena?

That was an example, I am sure I could think of more expensive soulbound items if that is the holdup. The problem is if one character no longer needs something you need to use u an inventory slot on the character/a slot in the bank rather than just using it on one of your characters that can use it. Assuming you are not just going to salvage or delete it.

That's what ascended gear exists for

BTW, off the top of my head of what I have been deleting to make space with lately: why are the eggshells from bitterfrost soulbound? This also means they do not stack if you chuck them in the bank. True, that is a small example, but is what I was thinking of with 'not everything has an ascended version'.

Mistward Armor. Soulbound on use, only obtainable through a collection. Yeah, I can reskin something else, BUT, I have a perfectly good set of exotic berserker heavy armor - that is UNIQUE and not INEXPENSIVE or trivially obtained - sitting on my revenant that would be perfect on my guardian that I can't do anything with. So instead of having to create ONE new set of armor, I really need to create TWO. I haven't tried it, but I would be surprised if I can even salvage it. It's a point of pride that I have that armor set, and that it isn't transmuted. I worked hard to get it and I should be able to keep it and re-use it. Especially now that power rev is in the state it is.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Menadena.7482" said:
sigh
Not everything in the game has an ascended version, there is a
LOT
of bound stuff out there.

examples plz

I take it you've never leveled cooking?

Oh, and then there are the many many random useless trinkets that drop from bags which are soul-bound on acquire.

They won't do this because they want people to pay for them. Allowing you to gift these items for free is directly hurting their wallets.

Teleport to Friend tokens only drop from black lion chests when it comes to the gem-store. So it's not like people can simply up and buy a bunch of them, but even if they could, anyone who's been in game more than 3 years is going to start seeing them pile up as character birthdays roll in. I have a stack of 99 sitting in my bank. Sure, I've used them. Probably used a dozen or so to get characters to the Path of Fire maps. But I clearly do not need to buy them . Meanwhile, there are a number of times when newer players have needed them but didn't have them. The very idea behind them was letting players get to the "action" faster (similar thought to the instant level 80 boost). In the long run, the players they are targeted at, don't have them, while the players that don't need them have them stacking up.

This is a great example of where trading an item would be a huge benefit. Our guild could probably put a stack or two in the guild bank for leaders to distribute as needed, but no, they are account bound.

Binding an item to an account on equipping it is understandable. It's a great way to take items out of the loop, but binding items on acquire is annoying, and soul binding needs to simply go away.

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Menadena.7482" said:
sigh
Not everything in the game has an ascended version, there is a
LOT
of bound stuff out there.

examples plz

I take it you've never leveled cooking?

Oh, and then there are the many many random useless trinkets that drop from bags which are soul-bound on acquire.

So... that's what ascended is for.

Teleport to Friend tokens only drop from black lion chests when it comes to the gem-store. So it's not like people can simply up and buy a bunch of them, but even if they could, anyone who's been in game more than 3 years is going to start seeing them pile up as character birthdays roll in. I have a stack of 99 sitting in my bank. Sure, I've used them. Probably used a dozen or so to get characters to the Path of Fire maps. But I clearly do not need to buy them .

But those who don't have these things "need" to buy BLC keys to get them. Eventually. That's the idea behind them.

This is a great example of where trading an item would be a huge benefit. Our guild could probably put a stack or two in the guild bank for leaders to distribute as needed, but no, they are account bound.

No, that's argument why they should be selling them via gemstore while keeping them account bound.

Binding an item to an account on equipping it is understandable. It's a great way to take items out of the loop, but binding items on acquire is annoying, and soul binding needs to simply go away.

This serves multiple purposes. Unlike you, I provide examples.

1. Money. You can just trade these items so you are "forced" to buy them.
  2. Gameplay incentive. It's not rocket science that if some items weren't bound by default, people would just buy them from TP instead of playing to get them. Best example - Dragon's Stand. If not for crystalline ore, this map wouldn't be so alive even today.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

This serves multiple purposes. Unlike you, I provide examples.

Actually, I did provide examples, you assumed they were ascended gear, or, most likely, simply ignored them because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Best example - Dragon's Stand. If not for crystalline ore, this map wouldn't be so alive even today.

Crystalline Ore is a map currency. nice try.

@Neural.1824 said:Actually, I did provide examples

No, you threw out a generalization without actual examples.

@Neural.1824 said:you assumed they were ascended gear, or, most likely, simply ignored them because it doesn't fit your agenda.

If I assumed they were ascended, they would be account bound, not soulbound.

@Neural.1824 said:Crystalline Ore is a map currency. nice try.

So? I think you got lost what is being discussed here and because of this you are misbehaving which really is unnecessary. Gem store examples are one thing but other user mentioned about souldbound equipment. That's why I'm explaining why some items are bound in the game, crystalline ore being one of them.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You asked for examples of bound items. Not soul-bound items.If you want specifics, go find them yourself, I gave you an example of an entire area that is scattered with bound items.

So? I think you got lost what is being discussed here and because of this you are misbehaving which really is unnecessary. Gem store examples are one thing but other user mentioned about souldbound equipment. That's why I'm explaining why some items are bound in the game, crystalline ore being one of them.

Now you're just deflecting and trying to back out. You used Crystalline Ore as your example of a bound item. Items are different from currency.

What is clear is you aren't interested in actually discussing the topic as much as being right.

As one of the very active members of this forum likes to say:

Good luck!

@Neural.1824 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

You asked for examples of bound items. Not soul-bound items.If you want specifics, go find them yourself, I gave you an example of an entire area that is scattered with bound items.

Now you're just deflecting and trying to back out. You used Crystalline Ore as your example of a bound item. Items are different from currency.

What is clear is you aren't interested in actually discussing the topic as much as being right.

As one of the very active members of this forum likes to say:

Good luck!

I accept the fact that you have nothing to support your claims and arguments against my posts here. Thank you for participating, have fun with your adventures.

Returning to the original suggestion, which was about unbinding some account bound items (nothing to do with soulbound):

@Rysdude.3824 said:Could you consider making such items as hair kits, make over kits, revive orbs and Teleport to Friends unaccount bound?As @"Kheldorn.5123" reminds, these are all items associated with the gem shop, so it undermines ANet's funding strategy to allow them to be sold on the TP.

To be fair, there are also tradeable items that drop, so at first blush, the dividing line seems arbitrary. Generally, utility items are bound (BL salvage kits, makeover kits, revive orbs, T2F) while cosmetics (skins & dyes) are tradeable. (Although of course, given ANet Consistency™, I can point out exceptions to both.)

Having stacks of them serve no purpose but I know quite a few people could want them. Its not an unreasonable change I dont think.I don't think anyone can have stacks of any of the items on the original list without having spent huge amounts of gems on either character slots or BL keys. And that's why those particular items will remain bound.

What I'd do with those instead is having the enchanted powder NPC also have another conversation to open a different vendor panel that lets you trade amounts of all account bound BL consumables and coin for "Tin Black Lion Keys".

These Tin Black Lion Keys would be kind of like the opposite of a Golden Black Lion Chest Key. When used to open BL chests, they would not give the guaranteed items, and would not produce uncommon or better items.

@"Neural.1824" said:Teleport to Friend tokens only drop from black lion chests when it comes to the gem-store. So it's not like people can simply up and buy a bunch of them, but even if they could, anyone who's been in game more than 3 years is going to start seeing them pile up as character birthdays roll in. I have a stack of 99 sitting in my bank. Sure, I've used them. Probably used a dozen or so to get characters to the Path of Fire maps. But I clearly do not need to buy them . Meanwhile, there are a number of times when newer players have needed them but didn't have them. The very idea behind them was letting players get to the "action" faster (similar thought to the instant level 80 boost). In the long run, the players they are targeted at, don't have them, while the players that don't need them have them stacking up.

Exactly. Back when my first characters were level 50 or so I would have LOVED to have a tp of friend or two to get some waypoints on the other side of a sticky situation (looking at you orr) .... however I have had those particular WPs for years now. So of course now TPs to friends are flooding in. They have the occasional use, like that MP you are not able to reach, but really it would have been more helpful to have had real access to them (assuming you do not like gambling) early in the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Returning to the original suggestion, which was about unbinding some account bound items (nothing to do with soulbound):

@Rysdude.3824 said:Could you consider making such items as hair kits, make over kits, revive orbs and Teleport to Friends unaccount bound?As @"Kheldorn.5123" reminds, these are all items associated with the gem shop, so it undermines ANet's funding strategy to allow them to be sold on the TP.

To be fair, there are also tradeable items that drop, so at first blush, the dividing line seems arbitrary. Generally, utility items are bound (BL salvage kits, makeover kits, revive orbs, T2F) while cosmetics (skins & dyes) are tradeable. (Although of course, given ANet Consistency™, I can point out exceptions to both.)

Having stacks of them serve no purpose but I know quite a few people could want them. Its not an unreasonable change I dont think.I don't think anyone can have stacks of any of the items on the original list without having spent huge amounts of gems on either character slots or BL keys. And that's why those particular items will remain bound.

Unfortunately they randomly put some items as direct sales and others as items you get with BL keys. As someone who does not gamble the only time I get keys are from stories and the like .... and I have yet to get a tp 2 friend that way so I am guessing the drop rate must be low. If things like tp 2 friends were gem store items it would not be a problem there, well, it might not be worth it (paging upgrade extractor to the lobby please) depending on the price but at least it would be reasonably obtainable without gambling.

Can understand some things being soulbound like quest items nstuff but there's no point in making gear & weapons soulbound. On the other hand I can understand gear & weapons being account bound but not stuff like Gift of the Nobleman. They should remove the account bound on these items, this way some of the farms would be a lot more profitable for those who actually bother to do them.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Returning to the original suggestion, which was about unbinding some
account bound
items (nothing to do with soulbound):

Unfortunately they randomly put some items as direct sales and others as items you get with BL keys. As someone who does not gamble the only time I get keys are from stories and the like .... and I have yet to get a tp 2 friend that way so I am guessing the drop rate must be low. If things like tp 2 friends were gem store items it would not be a problem there, well, it might not be worth it (paging upgrade extractor to the lobby please) depending on the price but at least it would be reasonably obtainable without gambling.

yes, but it's proven manipulation technique within the industry, gambling makes you pay more

@Menadena.7482 said:Unfortunately they randomly put some items as direct sales and others as items you get with BL keys. As someone who does not gamble the only time I get keys are from stories and the like .... and I have yet to get a tp 2 friend that way so I am guessing the drop rate must be low. If things like tp 2 friends were gem store items it would not be a problem there, well, it might not be worth it (paging upgrade extractor to the lobby please) depending on the price but at least it would be reasonably obtainable without gambling.

T2F drop like flies for people with lots of alt; that's why those will remain account bound. The rate is definitely meager from BL chests.

But the OP's request is to unbind the items so they can be sold. If @Menadena.7482's critique is taken up by ANet, the solution would be to sell T2F directly from the gem shop, not to make them tradeable.

Again, the main point is that the list of items mentioned originally by the OP are all things that are part of encouraging people to spend gems. Making these items tradeable undermines that. The only people who have large surpluses of such items have themselves spent a lot of gems.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:yes, but it's proven manipulation technique within the industry, gambling makes you pay more

Got it in one. Unfortunately those of us that realize it (and refuse to participate in something meant to trap gambling addicts) are effectively blocked from whatever they have as gambling-only.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Unfortunately they randomly put some items as direct sales and others as items you get with BL keys. As someone who does not gamble the only time I get keys are from stories and the like .... and I have yet to get a tp 2 friend that way so I am guessing the drop rate must be low. If things like tp 2 friends were gem store items it would not be a problem there, well, it might not be worth it (paging upgrade extractor to the lobby please) depending on the price but at least it would be reasonably obtainable without gambling.

T2F drop like flies for people with lots of alt; that's why those will remain account bound. The rate is definitely meager from BL chests.

But the OP's request is to
unbind
the items so they can be sold. If @Menadena.7482's critique is taken up by ANet, the solution would be to sell T2F directly from the gem shop, not to make them tradeable.

Again, the main point is that the list of items mentioned originally by the OP are all things that are part of encouraging people to spend gems. Making these items tradeable undermines that. The only people who have large surpluses of such items have themselves spent a lot of gems.

They only come to those of with with a lot of alts as of year 3. Still appreciated, as they are great for MPs and JPs, but frustrating not to have them much earlier. So yes, I would love to see them directly on the gem store. It may or may not be worth it, but at least people would have the option if it was needed.

I am not sure you could say un-account-bind everything, it would need to be examined per-item to see if it really needed the binding or not. Although the more things not bound the better. Soulbinding needs to go the way of the dodo though.

Archived