Necros must have lots of raid utility and support

Dabrixmgp.4758

@pah.4931 said:I think scourge was supposed to be more support, but Anet missed the mark. And then instead of asking for a Condi build that was raid viable, y'all asked for Power Reaper to be raid viable and now everything is FUBAR (see Crinn's post).

other classes have 2-3 choices in build for raids(power,condi,support(not every class)) its too bad want power and condi(support) too? If Scourge is whole his life cuted down in his dps. Power Reaper is more fun i think, scepter camping(for necro totally) is ultra boring (but this is only my opinion). Haugh

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

@pah.4931 said:I think scourge was supposed to be more support, but Anet missed the mark. And then instead of asking for a Condi build that was raid viable, y'all asked for Power Reaper to be raid viable and now everything is FUBAR (see Crinn's post).

other classes have 2-3 choices in build for raids(power,condi,support(not every class)) its too bad want power and condi(support) too? If Scourge is whole his life cuted down in his dps. Power Reaper is more fun i think, scepter camping(for necro totally) is ultra boring (but this is only my opinion). Haugh

yet Necros arent even allowed to have ONE semi-viable build.

We asked for power builds, not to nuke condi builds fom orbit. That was asked for by wvw and pvp crowds, then bled over to pve.

I'd have to disagree, the scourge is a support spec... in WvW where it's tools are usefull.

Boon corruption, condi cleanse/convertion/draw, barrier, might, revive tools. All of this is incredibly usefull at supporting your allies in an all out melee were boons and condition are abundant and life and death can happen in an instant.

When it come to PvE... These tools are just useless. In this regard, some think that the necromancer need to adapt while other think that the environment need to be bent to reflect what happen in WvW. Who is right? Who is wrong? No one can really answer this question.

When it come to reaper's damage, the issue is and have always been the shroud. It's a tool that both defend and support at the same time which lead anet to avoid making it to strong. Remove the 2nd life bar aspect of the shroud and reaper shroud would do perfectly it's job as a dps tool. Remove the damage and keep the 2nd life bar and anet can make it tankier. The point is that anet constantly seek a balance point to the shroud that they had found before they introduced scourge and wreck havock for core and reaper.

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

So only spamming gravedigger when boss hits 50% is better?

@Dadnir.5038 said:I'd have to disagree, the scourge is a support spec... in WvW where it's tools are usefull.

Boon corruption, condi cleanse/convertion/draw, barrier, might, revive tools. All of this is incredibly usefull at supporting your allies in an all out melee were boons and condition are abundant and life and death can happen in an instant.

When it come to PvE... These tools are just useless. In this regard, some think that the necromancer need to adapt while other think that the environment need to be bent to reflect what happen in WvW. Who is right? Who is wrong? No one can really answer this question.

When it come to reaper's damage, the issue is and have always been the shroud. It's a tool that both defend and support at the same time which lead anet to avoid making it to strong. Remove the 2nd life bar aspect of the shroud and reaper shroud would do perfectly it's job as a dps tool. Remove the damage and keep the 2nd life bar and anet can make it tankier. The point is that anet constantly seek a balance point to the shroud that they had found before they introduced scourge and wreck havock for core and reaper.

Yeah. That would be pretty nice. So attacks of enemys wouldnt drain lf anymore. But then you really have to unlock the helping abilities. Else reaper will never ever be played in pvp modes. Cause it would just suck

@Dadnir.5038 said:When it come to reaper's damage, the issue is and have always been the shroud. It's a tool that both defend and support at the same time which lead anet to avoid making it to strong. Remove the 2nd life bar aspect of the shroud and reaper shroud would do perfectly it's job as a dps tool. Remove the damage and keep the 2nd life bar and anet can make it tankier. The point is that anet constantly seek a balance point to the shroud that they had found before they introduced scourge and wreck havock for core and reaper.

The only issue with unlinking the semi 2nd life bar. The only reason i say its a semi life bar is because true hp does not degenerate over time. Is that necromancer at its core or reaper specs hell even scourge has 0 defensive tools to help it once its out of shroud. Necros do not also have the plentful boons that other professions have to it sustain its way through out out of shroud.

Ideally what they done for holosmith would have been perfect for reaper.You build lf the normal way.When you enter shroud the bar starts to deplete very slowly just as holo gains heat slowly.Using auto attacks or other skills consume small bits of lifeforce to make it deplete faster. Similar to holo building small amounts of heat when using holo attacks.

To compensate all skills cooldowns are extremely reduced and all damage is considerably increased.Cast times are much shorter but you no longer take damage from that pool but your normal hp instead.Because necro has 0 defensive tools they would likely have too look into building at least barrier into all the shroud activation mechanics.

I often think that if reaper had the potential in dps that holo has in holo mode it would be perfect but engi has blocks, plentiful boon generation, a invuln, and access to stealth when needed none of which reaper or necro in general have.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:When it come to reaper's damage, the issue is and have always been the shroud. It's a tool that both defend and support at the same time which lead anet to avoid making it to strong. Remove the 2nd life bar aspect of the shroud and reaper shroud would do perfectly it's job as a dps tool. Remove the damage and keep the 2nd life bar and anet can make it tankier. The point is that anet constantly seek a balance point to the shroud that they had found before they introduced scourge and wreck havock for core and reaper.

The only issue with unlinking the semi 2nd life bar. The only reason i say its a semi life bar is because true hp does not degenerate over time. Is that necromancer at its core or reaper specs hell even scourge has 0 defensive tools to help it once its out of shroud. Necros do not also have the plentful boons that other professions have to it sustain its way through out out of shroud.

Ideally what they done for holosmith would have been perfect for reaper.You build lf the normal way.When you enter shroud the bar starts to deplete very slowly just as holo gains heat slowly.Using auto attacks or other skills consume small bits of lifeforce to make it deplete faster. Similar to holo building small amounts of heat when using holo attacks.

To compensate all skills cooldowns are extremely reduced and all damage is considerably increased.Cast times are much shorter but you no longer take damage from that pool but your normal hp instead.Because necro has 0 defensive tools they would likely have too look into building at least barrier into all the shroud activation mechanics.

I often think that if reaper had the potential in dps that holo has in holo mode it would be perfect but engi has blocks, plentiful boon generation, a invuln, and access to stealth when needed none of which reaper or necro in general have.

i'm going to go against the flow but i'm not sure i believe you on that point about elementalists.I heard that tempest is pretty much 1 build that is really good in wvw as ele.Also:Eles are pretty squishy.Sure they do damage, but if they spec for glass cannon, what do you expect? The build i saw in wvw from dagger dagger ele, was using a lot of earth abilities to gain stability and stuff like that(Something necros are strong against, because corruption) and they are fairly squishy.

@Axl.8924 said:

i'm going to go against the flow but i'm not sure i believe you on that point about elementalists.I heard that tempest is pretty much 1 build that is really good in wvw as ele.Also:Eles are pretty squishy.Sure they do damage, but if they spec for glass cannon, what do you expect? The build i saw in wvw from dagger dagger ele, was using a lot of earth abilities to gain stability and stuff like that(Something necros are strong against, because corruption) and they are fairly squishy.

Earth abilities on ele have strong potential and defensive tools regardless of the weapon you use have stability, reflects, and a invlun, even a knock down and a big ass threatening zone that says move or CC me now because if you dont you die. Not to mention what about that ele's utility. Armor of earth, mist form?

Not to mention ele is one of the professions thats always drooling in boons like vigor, regen, protection, might, swiftness, and fury.Hell you even get the option to take trait that makes it so you cannot be critically hit while in earth. Thats a major damage reduction tool if I ever seen one.

Depending on the ele's build and weapon set a zerk ele would destroy a zerk reaper at range before the reaper had a chance to catch them. Freshair weaver or freshair in general is good at doing this if the ele knows how to kite a zerk necro would melt in the first rotation or 2 from the ele.

Ill be honest i cant recall anyone running dagger dagger if they are the are surely roaming and thats a rarity match up for necro these days. no one runs D/D in zergs

We are also talking about reaper here which likely has the least boon corruption between necros 3 specs.

Archived