Mesmer again

EpicName.4523

Last month, I went to this exact same part of the forums to look for advice for my brand new boosted mesmer.

Now, after the balance patch, I'm still in a pickle what to do with the character since obviously the profession received a significant rework.

Can someone link a reliable power based (easy to buy berserker from TP) build that is good in open world soloing? What weapons to get and what runes/sigils to use? Is mirage still best for soloing and can it work well with berserker gear?

Or is there a cheaper alternative? I know viper is the best option for condi damage, but maybe buy rabid/dire/carrion and try to play this way? Any build that will work with cheap TP exotics?

Btw with the boost got all exotic "of the soldier" equipment. Can I make any use of them in the future for any kind of content or should I just delete them once getting berserker stuff?

Ok, for open world you can play almost anything. My personal adivice is to play sword mainhand so you have acces to many evades and cleave damage. I would personaly play sword sword. You can keep gs in inventory/on swap for some ranged option but sword is very good and for me it has the roght feal of the deceptive duelist that dance around never to get hit. Try dueling. Fir stats you want berserker but if you are dieing alot feel free to change that

For open world you can use a meta condi build but use a cheap condi exotic set from TP. Like Condi main+precision+defensive stat or condi main+2 defensive stats. You will lose some dps but only a small amount, woun't even notice in open world, plus you will gain a lot of survivalbility which can be very useful in open world. Berserker builds usually lose too much damage if you give up any of those stats. So either full glass power or condi + defensive for open world.

@Boulder.3589 said:For open world you can use a meta condi build but use a cheap condi exotic set from TP. Like Condi main+precision+defensive stat or condi main+2 defensive stats. You will lose some dps but only a small amount, woun't even notice in open world, plus you will gain a lot of survivalbility which can be very useful in open world. Berserker builds usually lose too much damage if you give up any of those stats. So either full glass power or condi + defensive for open world.

All well and good, but which cheap set to buy for condi? What build to use with it?

I run greatsword and sword/shield on my chrono. Everything is soldier's gear (from the level 80 booster) except for the shield (it's the ascended elite spec shield). I'm still running an inspiration/domination build with chrono. I really didn't adjust too much after the patch, and other than the annoying lack of alacrity at JPs, I'm still doing fine with it in PvE. If I was to change to a different stat combo, I'd probably go marauder's or valkyries for a power build, Minstrel's for a tank build, and sinister, carrion, or viper's for condi.

For my chrono build, right now it is:Inspiration 3, 2, 2Domination 2, 1, 2Chrono 1, 3, 3

@EpicName.4523 said:

@"Boulder.3589" said:For open world you can use a meta condi build but use a cheap condi exotic set from TP. Like Condi main+precision+defensive stat or condi main+2 defensive stats. You will lose some dps but only a small amount, woun't even notice in open world, plus you will gain a lot of survivalbility which can be very useful in open world. Berserker builds usually lose too much damage if you give up any of those stats. So either full glass power or condi + defensive for open world.

All well and good, but which cheap set to buy for condi? What build to use with it?

https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/ (click the "mirage condition" tab)

• Viper axe mirage meta build, but use cheap TP gear instead. Rabid (condi, precision, toughness) or for even more survival, Dire (condi, vit, toughness) .note: irrc, Dire and Rabid has a crafted version using those names and also a dungeon drop version called Menhlo's or something like that, both on TP. Non crafted probably cheaper and comes with a rune. Use the search filters.
  • Get ascended jewelry+backpack from LwS3 maps. (Viper for pure damage, Trailblazer for some survivalbility).
  • Superior sigil of corruption is very good in open world and cheap, 2nd sigil that is also cheap is prbably accuracy?
  • Tweak the build a little for open world. Most of this build's damage comes from your axe skills, and giving mirage cloak to the 3 clones you maintain, and vigor uptime to give you more mirage cloaks. Some of the trait choices are optimised for raiding so alternate traits and/or alternate offhand may be more suitable for open world. The raid rotation can also be simplified to be almost "smash all the buttons" and still output plenty of dps, so don't let that put you off.

Edit: could use Sinister too but the power stat gives a marginal boost to damage in a condi build where maybe about 10% of your damage is power damage, which is a requirement for min-maxing a raid build but for open world, you're better off taking another stat like toughness imo. "Take something more useful instead of power" applies to almost all condi raid builds being tweaked for open world.

On a side note:Condi stacks reach their maximum damage after a short delay, because of the nature of condis doing dmg over time. A lot of low life open world mobs die before the condi dmg can ramp up, so open world (not including world bosses and occasionally veteran and champion enemies, can favor power.On the other side, condi can be used for hit and run, meaning, load condis on the mobs and continue running.Last thing: having decent Aoe potential on a build is really helpful, for clearing mobs. Having to clear them one at a time is quite timeconsuming

For Open World I'm using this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf7anELD1LjVLDWoBMMjlXDzMFMcqJ+7vCYCENAkTeOA-jByGAB9o87D9DAoEsZzfys/AunEAXU/52nAAA-e It's very cheap to gear, except sigils and jewels but you can find cheaper equivalents. The idea is to generate 3 clones, shatter and repeat. You have over 24k HP, massive loads of toughness. 17% of toughness is converted to condi dmg thanks to Chaotic Transference trait and set of Undead Runes. If you have monies, you can wear Trailblazer gear.Scepter + Pistol is a ranged option for soloing Chamipons. Change Master of Fragmentation to Malicious Sorcery.

Archived