Legendary Armor question /PvP

Chasind.3128

I'm currently working on the PvP segment of the legendary armor by getting the PvP components 1st so I won't have to backtrack.I've realized I have 2 full pvp ascended sets that I purchased months ago that my WvW mesmer(s) are currently wearing. (I used ascended shards to buy a full set from pvp vendor) Does this count towards the legendary pvp armor acquisition or does it have be completely new with sets not picked to count towards the PvP armor/ legendary set?

Do you need to do all modes(PvP/WvWPvE) to complete the legendary armor set? Or are they strictly obtainable by 1 game mode? Such as only getting it through PvE?

@Chasind.3128 said:

I've realized I have 2 full pvp ascended sets that I purchased months ago that my WvW mesmer(s) are currently wearing. (I used ascended shards to buy a full set from pvp vendor) Does this count towards the legendary pvp armor acquisition or does it have be completely new with sets not picked to count towards the PvP armor/ legendary set?

Do you need to do all modes(PvP/WvWPvE) to complete the legendary armor set? Or are they strictly obtainable by 1 game mode? Such as only getting it through PvE?

You can use any PvP ascended piece (of the Ardent Glorious Armor) you have to craft the equivalent piece of the legendary PvP armor (ex.: chest to chest, shoulders to shoulders, etc.). Doesn't matter if was already in use, with specific stats, runes or infusions (albeit those will be lost if aren't extracted before the conversion).

Mostly, you only need PvP to gather and craft the components for the legendary PvP armor pieces, albeit most of the stuff can be obtained faster either from open world PvE or trading in the Black Lion. The only exception are the Stabilizing matrices and the Ball of Dark Energy needed to craft the Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy. You can either buy the Matrices or do fractals to get them, and you need to salvage one ascended armor piece or weapon to get the Ball (the cheapest way is usually crafting a shield or focus). You don't need to do fractals to get those (i bought the Matrices and did salvage a shield to craft my first piece). You need to have an armor crafting skill at 500? to create some components of the recipe but essentially the whole legendary PvP armor set can be done in PvP mode, no WvW or PvE needed.

@FrozenStarRo.7240 said:Are you working towards it for the looks or stats? I only ask because PvP one does not have a distinct look, the pre (ascended) is what the legendary version will look like in the end. Only PvE/raid legendary armor has the distinct look and animations.

...An that's the reason why PvE version cost x2 the money and time the ones from PvP and WvW. To me is a fair deal due the PvE legendary armor isn't even the best looking skin in the game (some outfits and armors had better particle effects and are much more dramatical in ters of dying, albeit they lack the elaborated transformation animations.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:Notice, though, that ascended gear from SPvP/WvW can only be upgraded to legendary if you haven't changed stats on it through Mystic Forge.

Yes, this, I am glad that I was warned about this. Mystic Forge does not "transform" pieces, it creates new ones, so if you take your PvP asc piece there, it is lost forever. In some thread I hoped that the mechanism would be changed so that Mystic Forge never accepts legendary precursors, but you would first use some tool or such to destroy that precursor to get an ordinary ascended piece for stat-swapping.

@Buran.3796 said:

@FrozenStarRo.7240 said:Are you working towards it for the looks or stats? I only ask because PvP one does not have a distinct look, the pre (ascended) is what the legendary version will look like in the end. Only PvE/raid legendary armor has the distinct look and animations.

...An that's the reason why PvE version cost x2 the money and time the ones from PvP and WvW.If you think that the WvW version takes less time than the raid one, then you really haven't tried to obtain
both
of them.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

...An that's the reason why PvE version cost x2 the money and time the ones from PvP and WvW.If you think that the WvW version takes less time than the raid one, then you really haven't tried to obtain
both
of them.

The WvW one... Yes. And that's why I'm making the pone of mine in PvP. At the date the PvP and WvW versions were added to the game (August 2017) everyone which wanted a PvP ascended armor already had it, and the cost of the recipes for the PvP version is really low: I have literaly thousands of unused Shards of Glory, hundreds of unused PvP League Tickets and near to 2k Ascended Shards of Glory.

If you did play the leagues (moderately, like ~100 matches a season) and stopped spending tokens on crap after crafting your first set of Ardent Glorious Armor then at this time you will have more than enough League Tickets and Shards of Glory for the legendary armor. The only obstacle could be the Ascended Shards of Glory, but you get 400 in your way to the bizantium chest and another 100 for each repeteable bizantiom chest (at 50% win/lose ratio takes you <25 matches to get one).

I started to craft my PvP armor three weeks ago; already have the chest ant the mats and gold to craft 3 pieces more. I'm short of ~600 gold coins to do the 5th and 6th piece, but I would cover that at calmy pace in a month or two. The only token I lack are the last 400 Ascended Shards of Glory for the 6th piece, which I can get either finishing the bizantium chest another 4 times this league or just completing the track in the Season 11 in March. Anyway, the time that will take me to crat the whole set from PvP will be around two months and half, at worst. That's way faster an cheaper than in PvE. And yes, you miss the skin, but all my characters do use a mix of armor pieces and you have plenty of examples (as the shoulders from the Tempest or the gloves of the Weaver) of individual armor pieces and outfits with better looking skins than the legendary armor.

@Buran.3796 said:If you did play the leagues (moderately, like ~100 matches a season) and stopped spending tokens on crap after crafting your first set of Ardent Glorious Armor then at this time you will have more than enough League Tickets and Shards of Glory for the legendary armor. The only obstacle could be the Ascended Shards of Glory, but you get 400 in your way to the bizantium chest and another 100 for each repeteable bizantiom chest (at 50% win/lose ratio takes you <25 matches to get one).But is that really less than the LIs for raid version in term of actual hours put into getting those?

@"Astralporing.1957" said:

But is that really less than the LIs for raid version in term of actual hours put into getting those?

I would say that yes, is less time and also take in consideration that you can't fail playing PvP. Even if you lose a match, you still will make progress and get those Ascended Shards. In my case also PvP is what play the most in the game, so is not a task that i had "to endure", is just a thing that happens while I do play. Do you get Legendary Insights while failing at PvE raids? Do you earn chack eggs from failed TD events? You totally earn PvP tickets and shards while afk, if is a need.

It really was just more for availability, like what am I closest to getting right now but I'll admit, I was VERY confused at the different versions.Thank you so much!

@Buran.3796 said:

I've realized I have 2 full pvp ascended sets that I purchased months ago that my WvW mesmer(s) are currently wearing. (I used ascended shards to buy a full set from pvp vendor) Does this count towards the legendary pvp armor acquisition or does it have be completely new with sets not picked to count towards the PvP armor/ legendary set?

You can use any PvP ascended piece (of the Ardent Glorious Armor) you have to craft the equivalent piece of the legendary PvP armor (ex.: chest to chest, shoulders to shoulders, etc.). Doesn't matter if was already in use, with specific stats, runes or infusions (albeit those will be lost if aren't extracted before the conversion).

Mostly, you only need PvP to gather and craft the components for the legendary PvP armor pieces, albeit most of the stuff can be obtained faster either from open world PvE or trading in the Black Lion. The only exception are the Stabilizing matrices and the Ball of Dark Energy needed to craft the Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy. You can either buy the Matrices or do fractals to get them, and you need to salvage one ascended armor piece or weapon to get the Ball (the cheapest way is usually crafting a shield or focus). You don't need to do fractals to get those (i bought the Matrices and did salvage a shield to craft my first piece). You need to have an armor crafting skill at 500? to create some components of the recipe but essentially the whole legendary PvP armor set can be done in PvP mode, no WvW or PvE needed.

Thank you so much! This is super helpful!

Archived