Profession for World Complete

Majirah.5089

So, I finished world completion on my thief a couple months ago and made Bolt and Predator. I want to make two more legendaries and need to do world completion again.

I have one of each class, but am having a hard time deciding which one to do world complete on next.

So, I figured I’d ask the community to help me decide. And it may help others with the same dilemma. Since others might use this for the same reason I am adding thief, but I am not going to do it again on a separate thief just because I want to do it on a different profession.

Which profession do you think is most enjoyable to do world completion on? And why? (You can include weapon choice and spec if you want).

Most enjoyable isnt necessarily the best/easiest.

Necro is probably by far the "best"/easiest solo runner, but I find pistol/pistol thief to be the most enjoyable. Mostly because unload is just plain fun to use. Either you build for tons of damage or you can build to heal like 30% hp each unload and be the tank. It doesnt really matter in open PvE. Running deadeye in particular you basicly got quickness on 0s cd.

If I where to pick a second class next to it, then mesmer for the simple reason of mobility. They are also one of the better AoEers so sometimes you can just gather like 20 mobs and kill them all for easy hearts.

Some I find truly boring. Warrior most notable, followed by the guard and engie, maybe rev. Ranger and ele fall somewhere between. Ele AoE is great, but its really squishy if you want damage. Ranger is just... dull. Condi is kind of fun but it lacks the instant gratification of an unload or shatter.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Most enjoyable isnt necessarily the best/easiest.

Necro is probably by far the "best"/easiest solo runner, but I find pistol/pistol thief to be the most enjoyable. Mostly because unload is just plain fun to use. Either you build for tons of damage or you can build to heal like 30% hp each unload and be the tank. It doesnt really matter in open PvE. Running deadeye in particular you basicly got quickness on 0s cd.

If I where to pick a second class next to it, then mesmer for the simple reason of mobility. They are also one of the better AoEers so sometimes you can just gather like 20 mobs and kill them all for easy hearts.

Some I find truly boring. Warrior most notable, followed by the guard and engie, maybe rev. Ranger and ele fall somewhere between. Ele AoE is great, but its really squishy if you want damage. Ranger is just... dull. Condi is kind of fun but it lacks the instant gratification of an unload or shatter.

Im not concerned about which one was best. I honestly just wanted to know what people thought was enjoyable. I did thief first because of dash and staff or sword/pistol making things quick. But now we have mounts so I don’t care about speed. I’m comfortable enough with each profession that I’m not worried about dying on any of them.

Just wanted to know what people think is the most fun to just go around the world. Your comment on pistol pistol thief and last paragraph is more along the lines of what I was looking for.

Thanks for your input.

Thief and ranger can probably blow through it the quickest. Lots of disengage, pretty easy, lots of damage. Thief makes it so you can kill stuff or just run past stuff whenever you feel like it. Like if you're trying to gather from nodes quickly, just pop into stealth and run around getting the nodes. Want to kill stuff? The damage is great for fights with big numbers that don't drag on and if you're starting to struggle just pop into stealth until you're ready to re-engage. ;)

It doesn't really matter that much anymore, now that we live in a post-Mounts world. Things like movement speed Signets have kinda lost their value while pre-Mounts they made a huge difference between the classes that have them and those who don’t.

I'm gonna vote Warrior just because how you can brute-force a lot of stuff with Healing Signet+Adrenal Health these days.

Strength - Defense - Discipline is a very potent core build that can both take and dish out pain. While it favors Greatsword due to Forceful Greatsword, you can really use whatever you want with it.

Necro has tons of AoE damage and shroud to mitigate damage in open world. Reaper also has one of the highest solo dps i believe, since it can stack vulnerability, might and cap crit easily. Strong at both ranged and melee. It is super fun to play also :) Definetly my favorite profession for open world stuff.

@Sorem.9157 said:Necro has tons of AoE damage and shroud to mitigate damage in open world. Reaper also has one of the highest solo dps i believe, since it can stack vulnerability, might and cap crit easily. Strong at both ranged and melee. It is super fun to play also :) Definetly my favorite profession for open world stuff.

Yeah I enjoy using soul spiral on big mobs. There are things about each profession that I like. But that is a definitely a plus for reaper.

@Majirah.5089 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:Necro has tons of AoE damage and shroud to mitigate damage in open world. Reaper also has one of the highest solo dps i believe, since it can stack vulnerability, might and cap crit easily. Strong at both ranged and melee. It is super fun to play also :) Definetly my favorite profession for open world stuff.

Yeah I enjoy using soul spiral on big mobs. There are things about each profession that I like. But that is a definitely a plus for reaper.

Every epidemic on a swarm of mobs is like a tiny orgasm, if you're condi built.

necro is well known for being the kings of solo pve, and people either find them really dull or really fun. Personally I thought necro was boring the first time I tried it years ago, then went back to necro a few weeks ago and suddenly I was having the most fun on it again. Wells give them really good on demand AOE, the locust signet gives them movement speed and makes them feel fast (people say necro is slow, but I really don't feel slow at all), and I like just running with the flesh golem and only bringing out the other minions if I need to solo a tough enemy. Shroud is really powerful and offers incredible survivability, and there are a lot of combinations for weapons that you can try. Personally I run with axe for heavy damage, and dagger for healing. Sceptor and offhand dagger are both good too, I usually switch between those. A lot of people like the staff too especially with pets, but I don't use it that often. Either way, it's currently one of my favorite classes for solo pve.

@Echoherb.6528 said:(people say necro is slow, but I really don't feel slow at all)

Well its slow in terms of response, relativly speaking. I agree with everything you say but running down a field with mobs left and right, you have to go up to a mob, slice it up, go to the next mob, slice it up, go to the next... etc. What ranged you got is not that quick. You could gather them all up of course but thats not gonna happen every time, many low level hearts is just single mobs lollygagging in a spot.

With my deadeye, its just running straight forward and going:pingUnload with quickness on the rightpingUnload with quickness on the leftpingUnload with quickness on the rightRepeat

Necro is very slow in comparison. The visuals of dual firing Hope helps, hehe.

Either way you can only do world completion one time, so it really doesnt matter too much. Do it on every class. I am a 90% WvW player and still got completion on 10 or so characters.

Condi Necro would be the most faceroll using the trait where condi damage heals you. Dragonhunter in full Marauder would proly be easy as well. Holo or Mesmer would be more fun. Just wondering why you thought Engi was on the same leveling of boring as Warrior and Guardian. I made the choice to level my Engi after about 60 mins of PvP. Only reason it took that long was cause I was having so much fun I didnt want to give up being level 80.

Voted Ranger. I am running a boosted soulbeast. Other than the soldier gear you get, I got +condition weapons, and am getting the serk runes. I don't kill as fast as my thief daredevil or elementalist weaver, but I don't die almost at all. Also I can solo champions with this guy. Could never do that with my other toons.

It's actually faceroll for every class. I never had any issues. But there are a lot of shitty players who think mesmer is 'hard'. Before PoF I would've said Thief is best, be cause it's very mobile - especially with HoT expansion as Daredevil. But now since PoF it really doesn't matter (mounts). But if you really want to go ultra casual play ranger or necro.

Most enjoyable is always mesmer for me ;)

Anyway, I've done world completion with all professions, and in order from the easiest it would be:1- guardian2- thief3- necromancer4- ranger5- warrior6- elementalist7- mesmer8- engineer9- revenant

When it come to enjoyment (for world completion):1- mesmer2- thief3- elementalist4- ranger5- necromancer6- engineer7- warrior8- guardian9- revenant

@Dadnir.5038 said:Most enjoyable is always mesmer for me ;)

Anyway, I've done world completion with all professions, and in order from the easiest it would be:1- guardian2- thief3- necromancer4- ranger5- warrior6- elementalist7- mesmer8- engineer9- revenant

When it come to enjoyment (for world completion):1- mesmer2- thief3- elementalist4- ranger5- necromancer6- engineer7- warrior8- guardian9- revenant

I'd switch rev and ele for enjoyment, and switch necro and guardian for easiest, but other than that I pretty much agree with this

@Feanor.2358 said:Ele, because I find it most enjoyable. That being said, pretty much everything works and it's a matter of what you like. Want something easy and relaxed? Firebrand, p/p thief, clone mirage, lb ranger, take your pick.

I got burnt out on world complete with thief so I haven’t done much besides queensdale on ele. Seems like it would be fun though. Honestly don’t care what is easy or best. Just what people think is fun.

@Majirah.5089 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:Ele, because I find it most enjoyable. That being said, pretty much everything works and it's a matter of what you like. Want something easy and relaxed? Firebrand, p/p thief, clone mirage, lb ranger, take your pick.

I got burnt out on world complete with thief so I haven’t done much besides queensdale on ele. Seems like it would be fun though. Honestly don’t care what is easy or best. Just what people think is fun.

Fun is subjective however, keep that in mind. My last world completion on ele, I played Fresh Air d/d tempest. Combos just for the fun of it, Overload Air, and jumping around all the time. Fun as heck, for me. Give it a shot if you want, see if you like it.

Revenant. You get thief level mobility (swords + shiro) as long as there are enemies around, coupled with soldier profession level defenses.

Not as boring as the warrior (has multiple playstyles you can mix and match thanks to legend swapping), and not as risky as a guardian (better base healthpool, more passive and long lasting defenses). Generally ton of fun imho.On top of that for those that love necro - he has one great trait in common with necro (especially renegade spec) - lot of free crit chance if he builds for it, letting him ditch the suicidal berserk gear in favor of something much more tanky while still doing pretty good damage.

I've completed on Thief, Ranger, Rev twice, Engi, Warrior, Ele and Mes.The answer used to be Thief because of the mobility.The answer now is "your favorite power-based build".Mounts really negate any class mobility advantages Thief had. Stealth still helps a bit to stop from stirring up unwanted aggro dropping you into combat, but you can get stealth from a few different classes and it's not a massive difference maker. As long as you have the griffon, movement is just as quick on any class.The only thing to concern yourself with is ensuring your build does a lot of up front power damage. This power damage is a real difference maker on any heart where objects need to be destroyed. Slot whatever inherent movement speed you can (or use traveller runes in your armor) just for the time on pickup hearts. To this end, Axe warrior, sword power rev, sword shatter mes, sword assassin holosmith, things like this really make the job less tedious.

Archived