Healer Build Advice

HaganeMiku.7418

So, first I know GW2 does not have the Holy Trinity and there is not a specific "healer" class. I have not gotten above level 32 on any character, so I am not really understanding when people say "druid" or stuff like that.

However, I want to make a character that in a party, has a focus on healing and support. I currently have the following classes that I want to make certain builds with

1. Revenant: Damage/Tank Build
  2. Guardian: Tank Build
  3. Thief: Damage
  4. Ranger: Damage/Support
  5. Mesmer: Damage
  6. Some class/build for mostly support
  7. A class I just randomly mess with

I want to make a character that is good for damaging when playing solo, but in a party, is a strong healer/support. I tried Elemental, but I was not a fan of how the class played.

Any suggestions on what class to choose and the best weapon for support? I don't want to be a class and build that is overly used. Also, any advice on what skills I definitely need to get for that class if I want to do support?

Heal/Tank/DPS does exists in Raid (only) but beside that you can actually play as a healer on certain class.Druid is an elite specilization of Ranger and it come with Heart of Thorns expansion, Druid atm are the best healer/support you can get but you need the expansion.Sound like ranger will fit you just fine, it has everything that you mentioned, pet for soloing, Druid for heal/support, Soulbeast (Path of Fire expansion) for dps, you won't be able to play as healer/support without HoT expansion but core ranger has pretty solid dps aswell.Go here for buildRaid meta : https://snowcrows.com/raids/ranger/Everything else : https://metabattle.com/wiki/Ranger

Core classes will not be your friend at this endeavor. Especs just do support way better than core specs ever will. Try playing heal ele with the tempest, it will be alot better at healing I guarantee.

1. Revenant: Herald Glint/Ventari Boon support healer or Renegade Kalla Ventari alac spam healer
  2. Guardian: Firebrand condi healer
  3. Thief: Deadeye/Daredevil power damage or daredevil condi venom share. If you want, you can mess around with critical/trickery/deadeye for boon spam options via peripheral vision. (granted you need to be next to your allies to make full use of bountiful theft and thrill of the crime)
  4. Ranger: Druid full healer/druid condi healer. For the lols, you can also try stance share heal Soulbeast
  5. Mesmer: Chronomancer: Alac/Quickness well healer (the recent changes to chrono made it a half decent healer)
  6. Some class/build for mostly support
  7. A class I just randomly mess with

For gear, boon support needs you to have 100% boon duration, which can be achieved via runes (leadership runes give the highest boon duration bonus at 30%), concentration stat (Every 15 points of Concentration adds 1% to boon duration.), traits, and food/utility items. Harrier is a good stat for boon heavy healers like druid, rev, guardian or chrono. Otherwise magi gear also work. Monk runes will give the most bonus to your healing (10% out-going heal bonus with 6th bonus) while still giving 15% boon duration in total via its 4th and 2nd bonus. Water runes work as a cheaper and easier to get replacement and has a higher boon duration bonus, but doesn't offer out-going healing modifiers.

Just gonna put this here though, most of these builds are low end pve oriented. They are by no means going to be effective in high end pve such as t4 fractals or raids, but they should work in t1 fractals and openworld.

If you want to play a healer in your group and do decent damage when soloing, you'll have to switch gear, no matter which of the decent healer classes you pick. I have a Revenant that I planned to play as a healer. I got full magi stats for her, then realized I need to get hero points for the elite traits. When I walked up to the first HP champ, there were other players around and it was fine. Then I moved on to the second one (guy in Oasis pyramide) and it took me ages to take him down. Of course I had enough healing to not die, but the fight took forever.

After that, I gave her viper's armor from my warrior for the other hero points. As condition revenant it's pretty easy and fast to solo the champs, it's really good damage for soloing. If I wanted to play my revenant for both group-healing and solo dps, I would have to carry around two gear sets and switch accordingly because you cannot have both. The same goes for the other healer classes.

Archived