Faster or Stronger?

Vinny.7260

Faster meaning more teleports, swiftness and other mobility enchancements.Stronger meaning take a better hit and give a better hit for being a slow specialization.

Let's hope ArenaNet can/will read this. Because for all we know, they'll buff mobility lol.

Yes, both can be considered nice. But if you really had to make the choice, what would it be?

Scourge was exactly that, stronger but slower. A spec that is really hard to fight face to face, but laughable easy to outrun or kill with ranged pressure to a point where it's a free kill for any semi mobile ranged power spec.

Are people actually willing to work to counter it, or do they just complain about it's power and sustainability when everything goes in favour of the Scourge?

I personally really like the idea of Necromancer as a really tough and strong brawler that you need to counter properly with mobility (Scourge) and dodging high value attacks (Reaper).But instead people complain and Anet listens until eventually every Necro spec is weak and slow.

So maybe try fast instead?

Necro is the most beefy caster. But some teleports would be nice actually.Some spectral skills are good candidates.Spectral walk is nice as a mobility buff or a trolling tool but a stunbreak teleport that gives you lifeforce per target hit would be a nice replacement though.Spectral grip was kinda good and than they tried to improve it and made it worse with the high CD. This one is also a candidate for more mobility and could be changed to the before mentioned teleport skill and spectral walk stays.

For Class theme Is better durability. And i dont like idea giving a "blink" to core necro. Just imagine that broken scourge(his biggest counter Is still range). Rework on spectral grasp Will be cool. Or just less targets,less lifeforce for use and lower CD. Maybe no life forcegain And 20 CD on 2 targets or 1 target unblockable?(pretty op)

@kybraga.7103 said:

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:If we're talking reaper and considering its theme it has to be stronger. In terms of faster that can refer to the spectral grasp cd with alterations such as catchyfx has said.

I mean Necromancer as a whole. Let's not buff just an elite specialization. C'mon, that's too much of an ArenaNet move.

Baby steps.

I voted stronger.We are supposed to be slow killers, so why not make us slow but deadly? give us invulns boons to help us and good tools to survive.Make us really tough to kill and slow like the way warriors or death knights are in wow.Imagine a reaper a slow killer using his spectral grasp pulls enemies towards him turns reaper starts whacking players in reaper form dealing massive dmg.

Obviously, for this to work, we need to be not weak and slow at the same time.You can't have a class that is weak slow and no defensives, its just not going to work.In order for this to work, we need defensives to keep ourselves alive in this boon crazy era.

scourge in my opinion should stay condi and or defensive.Find some way to balance it to choose either condi or have all the massive support, but give us something.

Weavers got incredible condi incredible burst and they got massive ccs and defensives.Chrono has incredible defensives massive power and condi mesmers are still viable with 32k even after the nerf.

Why can't we have something we excel at? don't give me the shroud thing.Shroud drains very fast even if we aren't getting hit, and it drains faster when we get hit a lot.As is, shroud needs a rework to be good in damage, and we need real options to make reaper a viable power dps.

I don't like the idea of spamming gs outside of reaper either, i mean making reaper desired for doing damage, because thats whats most fun.

@Axl.8924 said:I voted stronger.We are supposed to be slow killers, so why not make us slow but deadly? give us invulns boons to help us and good tools to survive.Make us really tough to kill and slow like the way warriors or death knights are in wow.Imagine a reaper a slow killer using his spectral grasp pulls enemies towards him turns reaper starts whacking players in reaper form dealing massive dmg.

Obviously, for this to work, we need to be not weak and slow at the same time.You can't have a class that is weak slow and no defensives, its just not going to work.In order for this to work, we need defensives to keep ourselves alive in this boon crazy era.

scourge in my opinion should stay condi and or defensive.Find some way to balance it to choose either condi or have all the massive support, but give us something.

Weavers got incredible condi incredible burst and they got massive ccs and defensives.Chrono has incredible defensives massive power and condi mesmers are still viable with 32k even after the nerf.

Why can't we have something we excel at? don't give me the shroud thing.Shroud drains very fast even if we aren't getting hit, and it drains faster when we get hit a lot.As is, shroud needs a rework to be good in damage, and we need real options to make reaper a viable power dps.

I don't like the idea of spamming gs outside of reaper either, i mean making reaper desired for doing damage, because thats whats most fun.

Anet: But but but but but...... you have epidemic.So we nerf you some more

I voted faster - necro is the #1 kill target in spvp, in large portion due to his poor mobility (other part being lack of godly defenses vs focus fire).Also frequently i find myself roaming on my necro going for decaps, enemy beasts or just hauling ass to my home before enemy decaps that.you can imagine how well that goes given necro's "mobility"...

So as a result the meta necro is forced to be a point holding scourge that does two things - vomits AoEs on point, and then follows up with regurgitating more AoEs...

Don't even ask about WvW where going solo on necro is less of a pvp experience and more of a "enemy ranger scan". You use your dead body to mark the location of enemy ranger...

Giving necro mobility would open up new roles and playstyle for us. Ones that can allow us to roam better, go for objectives, build bruiser builds that can 1v1 instead of being forced to rely on ally babysitter saving us from being kited to death etc...

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:I voted faster - necro is the #1 kill target in spvp, in large portion due to his poor mobility (other part being lack of godly defenses vs focus fire).Also frequently i find myself roaming on my necro going for decaps, enemy beasts or just hauling kitten to my home before enemy decaps that.you can imagine how well that goes given necro's "mobility"...

So as a result the meta necro is forced to be a point holding scourge that does two things - vomits AoEs on point, and then follows up with regurgitating more AoEs...

Don't even ask about WvW where going solo on necro is less of a pvp experience and more of a "enemy ranger scan". You use your dead body to mark the location of enemy ranger...

Giving necro mobility would open up new roles and playstyle for us. Ones that can allow us to roam better, go for objectives, build bruiser builds that can 1v1 instead of being forced to rely on ally babysitter saving us from being kited to death etc...

This! Exactly this! ☝☝

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:I voted faster - necro is the #1 kill target in spvp, in large portion due to his poor mobility (other part being lack of godly defenses vs focus fire).Also frequently i find myself roaming on my necro going for decaps, enemy beasts or just hauling kitten to my home before enemy decaps that.you can imagine how well that goes given necro's "mobility"...

Well for pvp necro definetly needs more mobility.

For pve, it should do more dmg.

I just watched a black desert pvp video.There was a dark themed teleporting guy killing others.Looked pretty amazing. I want that for my necro.

necro Needs blocks or invuls for countering heavy Focus from enemies, than this class could be viable. those blocks or invuls have to implemented on weapon skills. every class have those skills on weapons except necro. anet just Need to push necro to a Position where every other class already is. its easy to do, but anet dont care about this class anymore, anet gave up necromancer a Long time ago.

while op warriors get every Balance patch +5683526968385129% dmg on axe skills,

its not intended that necros are a part of this game. sad, but true...

Archived