Use cases for all the different stats?

Dashiva.6149

basicaly for pve since you dont need defense because dodge is free almost all the combinations that have defensive stats are not so good. Most comon for pve are viper, berserker, grieving or sinister for full dps classes. Support classes (they need boon duration usualy) use harrier, commander and minstrell (there is no better offensive combination with boonduration)For PVP usualy combinations without defense are bad

I find Marauder's to be a better choice than Berserker's in PvE. It is a small loss to power, precision, and ferocity, with a big gain in vitality. That extra bit of vitality covers you when you screw up a dodge or a block, and gives you an extra second to get out of an awakened condi bomb that missed the tell on. And in a pinch, it will work in WvW too - I popped into WvW the other day on my PvE Marauder's Power Reaper to capture a monument for the daily. While I was there this annoying mesmer came along an tried to take me. TRIED. IIRC I only popped into shroud for the number 2 skill to close the distance.

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:I find Marauder's to be a better choice than Berserker's in PvE. It is a small loss to power, precision, and ferocity, with a big gain in vitality. That extra bit of vitality covers you when you screw up a dodge or a block, and gives you an extra second to get out of an awakened condi bomb that missed the tell on. And in a pinch, it will work in WvW too - I popped into WvW the other day on my PvE Marauder's Power Reaper to capture a monument for the daily. While I was there this annoying mesmer came along an tried to take me. TRIED. IIRC I only popped into shroud for the number 2 skill to close the distance.

I am not saying that marauder is bad in pve (for bellow-avarage to avarage player it might be better) but berserker is better if you dont make mistakes. Because dodge is not related to defensve stats you use those defensive stats only when you fail to dodge. If you dont fail to dodge then that stats are wasted.

Archived