[Video X-Post] Duels vs Hollts

SovietWalrus.4197

A GS build against an S/D thief... Why does he cripple himself so much? Did anyone count the number of missed Grasping Darkness?

Axe/Focus + Dagger/Warhorn is far more viable in duells against thieves - esp. S/D who constantly ports away from you. He is begging to eat some Spinal Shivers.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Doesn't DrD counter reaper tho?

The entire thief class counters reaper.

@KrHome.1920 said:A GS build against an S/D thief... Why does he cripple himself so much? Did anyone count the number of missed Grasping Darkness?

Axe/Focus + Dagger/Warhorn is far more viable in duells against thieves - esp. S/D who constantly ports away from you. He is begging to eat some Spinal Shivers.

Dagger/anything is bad. GS is a better pick because it offers actual counterpressure and area denial.

@Crinn.7864 said:Dagger/anything is bad. GS is a better pick because it offers actual counterpressure and area denial.LOL thanks for quoting me!

Some months ago I wrote exactly what you wrote now here in this forum... and it's not true when fighting a thief 1v1.

• GS: 4 out of 5 skills are useless against a thief (all except Nightfall)
  • Axe/Focus: 4 out of 5 skills are useful against a thief (all except Focus4)
  • Dagger/Warhorn: 5 out of 5 skills are usefull against an S/D thief ... and 4 out of 5 against a D/P thief (as Dagger2 is a Pulmonary Impact invitation - like EVERY GS skill btw.!)

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Dagger/anything is bad. GS is a better pick because it offers actual counterpressure and area denial.LOL thanks for quoting me!

Some months ago I wrote exactly what you wrote now here in this forum... and it's not true when fighting a thief 1v1.
  • GS: 4 out of 5 skills are
    useless
    against a thief (all except Nightfall)

Only if you suck with GS. It's otherwise the weapon I find easiest to kill thieves with. Stop trying to make Gravedigger work and it becomes instantly amazing and one of the best 1v1 weapons on necro.

• Axe/Focus: 4 out of 5 skills are useful against a thief (all except Focus4)

Focus is horrible into a thief with any semblance of skill because of its massive cast animations which are easy to dodge at range and easy to interrupt/blind/deny/not care about in melee. Axe is good, but axe is good in general.

• Dagger/Warhorn: 5 out of 5 skills are usefull against an S/D thief ... and 4 out of 5 against a D/P thief (as Dagger2 is a Pulmonary Impact invitation - like EVERY GS skill btw.!)

I don't know what thieves you're playing against, but they must suck for Dark Pact/Life Siphon/Locust Swarm to be anything better than garbage. Wail is literally the only actually good skill into a thief. But you know what's also good? A stealth-tracking blind/condi transfer and PBAoE weakness from OH dagger in conjunction with GS for area denial to punish their engages harder and cut endurance regen which won't get cleansed unless they waste init or burn something big.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Doesn't DrD counter reaper tho?

Yes which is why I'm confused about this video being posted. I will respect the OP for at least showing lost duels instead of just it being a montage of OHKOs on half-afk people.

Archived