Noob Pet Question

Omnicron.2467

I used a level 80 Booster and gave her some spare ascended gear from my bank, and did an HP run, but still unclear of some mechanics, hahaha. So this feels like a really dumb question, but looking at pet skills there is three skills for each family and then one unique skill which you use with your F2. Now for the Three skills which is shared by the family, I assume that these get used as the ato-attack chain but they have massive cooldowns sometimes, so clearly this is wrong. Does the pet just use the skills as they come off cooldown even if not needed? I sent my Moa to fight to its death and I never saw green numbers indicating a self heal despite the Harmonic Cry Ability

Yes, pets will automatically use all their non-F2 skills if on cooldown or as required. For example, certain pets won't use their heals unless damaged to a certain percentage. Otherwise, the player must activate their pet's F2 skill to work. Unfortunately, the AI is a bit dumb and will instead use other skills as opposed to the one required to heal, as in the above example, because some skills appear to take priority if no longer on cooldown.

Yes, sometimes it looks random, but the pet will in-fact use all their cooldown skills. We know this because it became something of an issue with the smokescale pet. Before its nerf and reversal, the smokescale would randomly use its smokescreen. Many players wanted this to again be the F2 ability and smoke assault to be automatic. The random use of the smokescreen caused a DPS drop and no longer allowed rangers the situational use of the smokescreen ability. This was one of the reasons for the reversal.

It's not a dumb question, but one rangers consider as to which pet is best to use in varying circumstances.

Hope this answered your question.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:Yes, pets will automatically use all their non-F2 skills if on cooldown or as required. For example, certain pets won't use their heals unless damaged to a certain percentage. Otherwise, the player must activate their pet's F2 skill to work. Unfortunately, the AI is a bit dumb and will instead use other skills as opposed to the one required to heal, as in the above example, because some skills appear to take priority if no longer on cooldown.

Yes, sometimes it looks random, but the pet will in-fact use all their cooldown skills. We know this because it became something of an issue with the smokescale pet. Before its nerf and reversal, the smokescale would randomly use its smokescreen. Many players wanted this to again be the F2 ability and smoke assault to be automatic. The random use of the smokescreen caused a DPS drop and no longer allowed rangers the situational use of the smokescreen ability. This was one of the reasons for the reversal.

It's not a dumb question, but one rangers consider as to which pet is best to use in varying circumstances.

Hope this answered your question.

Great!! Thanks!

Archived