SPEED OF SHADOWS CHANGE WAS USELESS

Morde.3158

Revert this back to what it was please if I want impending remove there is many other options like relentless pursuit, then this and for the 10seconds of swiftness nobody uses blighters boon but me anyway. Nobody is going to use this trait over soul marks and the trait does not help with getting immobed from entangle and other skills like it. Stop making useless trait changes please Dread is also another useless trait who is going to take that over chill of death, or the awaken the pain for pve(pretty good change)??? merge the shroud cd into spectral mastry or something geesh that way its balanced.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that change? It's ages old!

If that's the case author has no idea what he's talking about. Current speed of shadows is awesome. Here are but few reasons why it is so:

• easy counter to druid's ancient seeds - the bane of necro
  • accessible for all specializations - not everyone plays reaper only
  • huge synergy with unholy martyr - SoS takes off specific non-damaging condies, letting martyr focus more on damaging ones
  • swiftness without being arm twisted into warhorn or spectral walk is sweet
  • not every necro build uses staff (marks), while every has access to shroud

Now if it's the 7s shroud cooldown that i understand and agree upon. But that can also be placed elsewhere. No need to bring back inferior trait for one good component of it, that can literally be slapped elsewhere.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:While we're on the topic of old changes, can we revert Target the Weak so it does +2% damage per condition on foe?

Wow... you're going back to pre HoT changes...

May I try as well? Please, let us use
spectral walk
while in mid air like in the good ol'time. (I know that we have gliders now but... I liked this feature!)

Yes.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Please let Dhuumfire proc on critical hits outside of shroud, too.

The Speed of Shadows change did cut back on flashing shroud, though.

And yes.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:that change? It's ages old!

If that's the case author has no idea what he's talking about. Current speed of shadows is awesome. Here are but few reasons why it is so:

• huge synergy with unholy martyr - SoS takes off specific non-damaging condies, letting martyr focus more on damaging ones

Now if it's the 7s shroud cooldown that i understand and agree upon. But that can also be placed elsewhere. No need to bring back inferior trait for one good component of it, that can literally be slapped elsewhere.

wrong that trait does not break any entangle you have to kill the root first

@Morde.3158 said:

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:
that
change? It's ages old!

Entangle "roots" you by means of immobilize. You pop shroud and you walk outta it, because immob got insta-cleansed and you got swiftness to get outta there faster.But to be fair i am saying that as Foot in the Grave user, so the moment i shroud i'm immediately broken free from druid's cc he applied on me and can get outta there in an instant. If i was to remain pinned down by cc then going shroud wouldn't do much, because the immob cleansed gets reapplied while i still can't move and then i would indeed be in a pickle.

@Morde.3158 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Replacing relentless pursuit with speed of shadows just screws reaper harder as it would mean that speed of shadows would be competing with Augury (vital for shout builds) and also with Chilling Nova (important for burst)

that has nothing to do with what I said try reading it again

Fair enough I misread. However I completely disagree about Speed of Shadows never being taken. Speed of Shadows is always taken on any build that doesn't run staff, which for the record, is a lot of builds.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Replacing relentless pursuit with speed of shadows just screws reaper harder as it would mean that speed of shadows would be competing with Augury (vital for shout builds) and also with Chilling Nova (important for burst)

Fair enough I misread. However I completely disagree about Speed of Shadows never being taken. Speed of Shadows is always taken on any build that doesn't run staff, which for the record, is a lot of builds.

are people still running SR in power reaper builds? I dropped SR for curses, and i can now take on scourges without any issues (1v1 anyway). Plus the weakness helps against the other melees. I do use SR on my scourge though.

@mulzi.8273 said:

are people still running SR in power reaper builds? I dropped SR for curses, and i can now take on scourges without any issues (1v1 anyway). Plus the weakness helps against the other melees. I do use SR on my scourge though.

Fitg in SR is very useful for Reaper. I can't bring myself to drop it.

@Crinn.7864 said:

No. I played a lot of curses/spite/reaper. So i had no access to sos.Instead i took the one from reaper, that reduces incoming conditions.Usre if i dont use staff and take soulreaping im running that as well. But not on all my builds. The vulnerability is pretty nice as well.

@mulzi.8273 said:

Same thing here. Sr is just way too god on scourge for the burning and cdr of shroudskills.

But for reaper i like curses much more.Removing 3 boons when entering shroud, 2 when using shroud 2.Well thats more than scourge can do.And you get some awesome fury and conditransfer

@Crinn.7864 said:

Yes I used to take SoS before the nerf

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

that
change? It's ages old!

Entangle "roots" you by means of immobilize. You pop shroud and you walk outta it, because immob got insta-cleansed and you got swiftness to get outta there faster.But to be fair i am saying that as Foot in the Grave user, so the moment i shroud i'm immediately broken free from druid's cc he applied on me and can get outta there in an instant. If i was to remain pinned down by cc then going shroud wouldn't do much, because the immob cleansed gets reapplied while i still can't move and then i would indeed be in a pickle.

wrong you have to kill the entagle and any skills like it it removes a normal immob just fine. Even then losing 25% perma movementspeed in shroud was a huge nerf and if you was getting kited before imagine losing the swiftness to a thief or something.

@Nimon.7840 said:

Same thing here. Sr is just way too god on scourge for the burning and cdr of shroudskills.

But for reaper i like curses much more.Removing 3 boons when entering shroud, 2 when using shroud 2.Well thats more than scourge can do.And you get some awesome fury and conditransfer

yes I been dropping soul reaping but then iam ungodly slow and with the new changes to focus I been trying to use a axe focus gs build but my swiftness is a problem

@Morde.3158 said:

yes I been dropping soul reaping but then iam ungodly slow and with the new changes to focus I been trying to use a axe focus gs build but my swiftness is a problem

I was running a hybrid build with rune of the traveler.But i have to improve it. I couldnt kill a firebrand, that was just running away and healing himself up, until his 5 friends came to help him

Archived