Banner Warrior, Condition or Power? CM's & T4's

Itz Jay.8941

I main chrono so this might not be everything you need to know but for some fights (short ones) obviously power>condi. Also last patch there were 2 changes that buffed power warrior. One direct (buffs to dps). The second is that because chrono was changed its almost imposssible to take phantasmal dissenchanter (you can lose moa for timewarp, else you will very likely lose uptime on one boon) so spellbreaker can fill that role now. I am not sure if power bs is better then condti bs but for sure its closer that last patch

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I main chrono so this might not be everything you need to know but for some fights (short ones) obviously power>condi. Also last patch there were 2 changes that buffed power warrior. One direct (buffs to dps). The second is that because chrono was changed its almost imposssible to take phantasmal dissenchanter (you can lose moa for timewarp, else you will very likely lose uptime on one boon) so spellbreaker can fill that role now. I am not sure if power bs is better then condti bs but for sure its closer that last patch

You can take Power Spellbreaker with Banners. There will just be no EA, which probably isn't a big deal.

yes, PS SPB + Power Druid is what every decent comp should have.

This is only true for premade groups. 90% of pug groups require a full healer just by virtue of not dodging or moving out of AoE.

Back to the topic at hand: Power Spellbreaker is very good now.

• Power dps > Condi dps in fractals since most bosses happen to die/phase too fast for condi to ramp up
  • Powerful boon strip, allowing your chrono to run with another utility slot
  • Increased banner effectiveness for the Warrior, together with critchance gained from agony resistance, allows you to run full berserker (easier to gear than condi)
  • Multiple viable weapon options. Axe/Dagger + Dagger/Axe, Greatsword, Mace/Dagger, etc.

Cons:

• No more ranged option (Rifle isn't META unlike LB for Berserker spec)
  • "weaker" CC, no Wild Blow or Head Butt so you have to make with base warrior physical skills. This is a non issue depending on the build.

Thanks all, so I took my power set from my guardian and put it on my warrior. Got a couple of assassins pieces to get me to 100% crit after fury, banners and spotter.

The spike damage is way better and more useful in 100CM, also in 99CM although I found the boonrip to be way more handy.

Currently running with GS for fun with D/A, but I also have another dagger and axe so I may try that variant.

I can't find any good rotation videos for when you are running power with banners so my rotation kind of sucks at the moment, the only guide I could find was an obvious one which is the one on meta battle which is D/A, A/D.

Managing to hit 20k unrealistic on golem with banners and GS though I haven't tried running discipline as I'm unsure about losing empowered allies. Does anyone know what the best weapons are for running banners?

@Itz Jay.8941 said:Thanks all, so I took my power set from my guardian and put it on my warrior. Got a couple of assassins pieces to get me to 100% crit after fury, banners and spotter.

The spike damage is way better and more useful in 100CM, also in 99CM although I found the boonrip to be way more handy.

Currently running with GS for fun with D/A, but I also have another dagger and axe so I may try that variant.

I can't find any good rotation videos for when you are running power with banners so my rotation kind of sucks at the moment, the only guide I could find was an obvious one which is the one on meta battle which is D/A, A/D.

Managing to hit 20k unrealistic on golem with banners and GS though I haven't tried running discipline as I'm unsure about losing empowered allies. Does anyone know what the best weapons are for running banners?

I love my pspb. Been playing it since PoF released and was delighted with its recent buffs to bring it up to scratch with condi berserker.In Fractals I run d/d.a/a for 99/100. Easy to land Wastrels Ruin on broken breakbars and the boon strip is timed well for Magebane, dispelling force and Loss Aversion.I swap daggers for greatsword if I can’t strip boons.I run with EA, unless there’s a condi berserker in the group, I swap to full dps if there is as EA/improved banners are taken care of.

@Grogba.6204 said:

• Power dps > Condi dps in fractals since most bosses happen to die/phase too fast for condi to ramp up

Does that mean that fractal groups currently dont take any condi-roles? I was thinking of giving the condi set from my warrior to the firebrand since many groups are asking for power spellbreaker instead of condi berserker already, and its kinda a pity to restat viper gear to berserker.

@Jojo.6140 said:

Does that mean that fractal groups currently dont take any condi-roles? I was thinking of giving the condi set from my warrior to the firebrand since many groups are asking for power spellbreaker instead of condi berserker already, and its kinda a pity to restat viper gear to berserker.

Condi fb is a good choice to put your Viper gear on.People still ask for dps, which condi berserker is, I think condi firebrand has a higher potential damage output though. With quick phasing fights though, like Mai Trin, the ramp up time for condi affects your whole damage output.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I main chrono so this might not be everything you need to know but for some fights (short ones) obviously power>condi. Also last patch there were 2 changes that buffed power warrior. One direct (buffs to dps). The second is that because chrono was changed its almost imposssible to take phantasmal dissenchanter (you can lose moa for timewarp, else you will very likely lose uptime on one boon) so spellbreaker can fill that role now. I am not sure if power bs is better then condti bs but for sure its closer that last patch

Uptime is as easy as it ever was... Just shatter and share.

In general, even sub-optimal power builds are better in fractals than condi. Several reasons:

1: Groups of vets die very fast. While running condi mirage, enemies are frequently dead before I get 3 illusions up, and on renegade enemies will die before I can get off the second unyielding anguish. Keep in mind, these enemies are dying really fast with me doing effectively nothing on these builds, so it is better to run power, no matter how low DPS that build is.

2: Most of the bosses have phasing that cleans conditions and makes them invulnerable (Fire Shaman is an exception).

3: A lot of the bosses have spawned adds that need to die fast, and condi builds aren't adequate for it. I.E. Anomalies, Illusions, Cultists, random spirit animals, etc.

There are a few exceptions. Condi builds are good on the fire shaman and also the molten duo. Even better if you have epidemic. Firebrand has a really short ramp-up time, so they're pretty good in fractals. Otherwise, you're better off running wellomancers and heralds than scourges and renegades.

Archived