new mark feature or bug?

bq pd.2148

since the balance patch if you mark a target and while mark and stolen skill still up, mark another target but miss the mark (obstructed, blocked, evaded etc.) then you will switch target of the mark but will keep old stolen skill for the new target. for instance you need to fight a nekro and want to ensure he wont dodge the DJ to oneshot him , nearby is a ranger - you mark the ranger and when mark is ready again you mark the nekro, during cast you port out of range or break LoS to ensure you keep that nice immoilize. then you can during DJ cast the ranger stolen skill on the nekro so he is forced to use a cleanse and dodge in that short time, while he would have more time if you immobilized with spotters shot and might actually have gotten away.

anyway i dont think it is really game breaking, but i would like to know it is a new intended feature or a bug?

i play deadeye only in solo WvW. there if i am outnumbered by too many - meaning like 4-5+ they can rezz faster then i can stomp so i only use oneshots or to make sure i hit i often make it a 2 shot by using spotters shot first but the ones i almost everytime can oneshot are rangers as i get an immobilize marking them so i only shoot with DK while using it. so if i stealthcamp a group it is easier to keep stealing that skill and use it on someone and last on ranger, because then i only need to be visible for DJ cast time + bullet fly time and in stealth i am pretty safe using SA. i havent really abused it yet as i am not sure if it is intended, i get enough whispers about me being a cheater and getting banned soon as is, i dont want to give them an actual reason to.

Archived