Improvisation Needs to Be Tuned Up A Bit

Cobrakon.3108

I think the reset cool down feature should instead reset one of your healing,utility, or elite slots instead of one type of ability.That way instead of having to choose weird wonky setups for improv, you would instead have much more build diversity and the trait could actually become useful. Now that I think about it I believe a post like this was made years ago.... but I think its time improv was more synergistic and promoted variation and this would be one way to do that.

Someone might argue .... "think of all the variations, they don't want to balance that" but most of the thief utilities are pretty weak as it is. Can you honestly see a combo that would be over the top?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the skill fine as is. Keep in mind that if you stick with Core , the odds of a reset are in fact higher.

There two schools of thought here. One is if you overload on a particular skill type , while a reset occurs less frequently you can get more skills to reset at one go. The other is that by taking a variety of skill types, over the course of a given fight you get more resets. After much testing I feel the latter is closer to the mark and this works better in builds that have three skill types as base. That said it also true that certain skill types do better by this trait. If in a Condition build with venoms and those venoms reset it can be game over quickly for an enemy.

• 1 year later...

Sloppy wording, I suspect they are allowing it to reset heal and elite but only one skill rather than a full set, and making it only RNG to the extent you don’t have control over whether it resets an ability already on cooldown.

So your incentive is to use a few/all utilities and thereby increase your odds that one of your skills will be reset on steal.

It’s actually a bit of a buff (I’d suggested nerfing to 50% of recharge) given that this makes it more likely you can guarantee something actually on your bar will be recharged.

I can live with these changes and they might in fact make the skill work better. I was not overly fond of the Random reset. A sure thing reset is more reliable. Using the lower steal times in the DD spec or getting a rest via s/x or mercy means skills like my preps , venoms , deceptions and even signets will be refreshed much faster. The added defense of a blinding powder , the chances of a reset on assassins signet is a potent ability.

That of course IF it works as I think it going to work. The wording is not very clear in this regard.

@saerni.2584 said:Sloppy wording, I suspect they are allowing it to reset heal and elite but only one skill rather than a full set, and making it only RNG to the extent you don’t have control over whether it resets an ability already on cooldown.

You never know when it comes to ArenaNet. Assuming what they mean almost always turn out not what they actually mean. Unless they said it themselves, I believe they will only allow utility skills to reset. Resetting one out of three skills is definitely a buff compare to the current iteration of Improv, but it's not something we all want.

EDIT: typos

@saerni.2584 said:Sloppy wording, I suspect they are allowing it to reset heal and elite but only one skill rather than a full set, and making it only RNG to the extent you don’t have control over whether it resets an ability already on cooldown.

So your incentive is to use a few/all utilities and thereby increase your odds that one of your skills will be reset on steal.

It’s actually a bit of a buff (I’d suggested nerfing to 50% of recharge) given that this makes it more likely you can guarantee something actually on your bar will be recharged.

As per the post by ANET today only the three utility skills can be reset. The elite and heal are no longer part of the equation.

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Change wasn't explained very well. Is it three utility skills only being recharged or only utilities that are on CD? Is it still rng where u may reset a skill not on CD resulting In zero gain. It be strong if it was resting utilities on CD. Smoke screen,steal and another smoke screen would be great for a melee heavy build no?

resetting "only on cd" utility would be broken; deadeye mark into Mercy, into deadeyemark into Mercy ... with stealthtraits : permastealth and initiativegain.

@Markri.9475 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Change wasn't explained very well. Is it three utility skills only being recharged or only utilities that are on CD? Is it still rng where u may reset a skill not on CD resulting In zero gain. It be strong if it was resting utilities on CD. Smoke screen,steal and another smoke screen would be great for a melee heavy build no?

resetting "only on cd" utility would be broken; deadeye mark into Mercy, into deadeyemark into Mercy ... with stealthtraits : permastealth and initiativegain.

Yeah I agree for sure

I like it, we may finally be able to use exe without feeling bad for not picking the better trait.

anyways if it resets the skills on cd then it's going to be even better since you could just exploit it as someone said "mercy into steal into mercy" so basically 3 steals.. you never know it's anet boys anything could happen.

@saerni.2584 said:Oh my then it is probably a nerf since most were using it for the Daggerstorm reset.

Oh well.

Not entirely accurate. It depends which perspective you're looking from.

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:

From Buff perspective: 33% chance to reset Assassin's signet on steal. "OP one-shot damage" river cry ensues. How about Binding Shadow reset for condi build 25 stacks of Vuln on one go?

From Nerf perspective: No Elite reset. Booo!!