WvW Tactics go Public if 1 guild member on opposing server leaves map

Bangan.5912

I have been trying to figure out why people keep posting that WvW tactics are going public. I only seen it happen a few days ago and tested it today. I have several accounts, 2 of them are on opposing servers. I had noticed when my guildies had left a map that we are opposing the tactics went public.

I tested it today with my alt account, even though my alt wasn't repping the guild, when I left the map that my other account was on, the tacticts for the objective went from private to public. One account is green, the other is blue. Green hills had tactics set to private with 1 acct in hills. The other account was blue on the same map. As soon as the blue alt left the map, the green tactics went public.

I could do a video or screenshot, but don't see the point as it is easily verifiable with other guilds also having members on opposing servers.

Edit: I went ahead and recreated the bug on another borderland and objective and uploaded a video to Youtube, as well as submitting trouble ticket and /bug report.

To help ANet track this down (and assuming you have the time), could you:

• Repeat the experiment and use the in-game /bug reporting tool
  • And/or submit a support ticket with the time/date, character names, specific objectives & match-ups

Either or both makes it more likely that ANet can easily find the log entries to see what else might have been going on.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time to do the detective work and document your findings.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:To help ANet track this down (and assuming you have the time), could you:

• Repeat the experiment and use the in-game /bug reporting tool
  • And/or submit a support ticket with the time/date, character names, specific objectives & match-ups

Either or both makes it more likely that ANet can easily find the log entries to see what else might have been going on.

Regardless, thanks for taking the time to do the detective work and document your findings.

HI, thanks. Yea I also used the ingame /bug reporting tool. I just also posted here for everyone and devs that read the forums.

However, I will submit a trouble ticket as well.

@Nevaahe.6308 said:HI, thanks. Yea I also used the ingame /bug reporting tool. I just also posted here for everyone and devs that read the forums.

Great! Thanks for having done that. (I mentioned it because, and as you can imagine, some people post on the forums without doing so.)

However, I will submit a trouble ticket as well.Thanks for taking the time to do so.

Archived