Crafted exotics soulbind????????

Connla Dda.9407

@Connla Dda.9407 said:C'mon for real? How than i equip another character which do not have craftmanship? And i can not even sell those on TP when crafted... Seriously, make crafted exotics free to govern again!

I don't think any crafted exotics soulbind on acquire. Remember though that adding upgrades does trigger bind-on-equip.

If it actually bound on aquire, what item was it?

This one?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_Berserker%27s_Draconic_Armor

I tried to copy the item link and i see no "account bound" nor "soulbound".I guess it becomes souldbound on craft since there are no tags...

If I were you i would try to open a ticked explaing your situation ( maybe you will get back your materials or they will move the box to another character ).

There are no crafted armor sets or boxes that are soulbound on acquisition. They are either unbound or account bound (e.g. Celestial is account bound; zerker's is unbound). The player must do something to bind them, which always pops up a warning message.

I agree with @Shirlias.8104: regardless of what you remember doing (or not doing), open a ticket. Ask them for help. They can frequently help out people who, accidentally or otherwise, bound gear to the wrong character.

• 7 months later...

@abelsgmx.7530 said:Why exotic gear is soul bound? Kinda annoying spend gold for craft them again for annother characters

only some is soulbound.

All crafted exotic gear is NOT soulbound on acquire. which is what this comment section is about.

I understand from your wording that English is not your first language, however, every single comment in here tells you the answer. So I have zero idea of what you're trying to ask.

you have to physically do something to make it soulbound.

I tried really hard not to be rude... which means i should stop reading the forums.

You did one of 3 things, because exotics do not become bound just crafting them -

1. You are trying to put the gear on a toon that can't wear it. In your case you made the heavy set, so make sure you're attempting to wear it on a heavy class.
  2. You unlocked the skins before putting the gear in your bank. Once you unlock the skin it becomes bound. This also means equipping it, as once you put it on it becomes bound.
  3. You put runes on the gear before putting it in the bank. Once you add runes to exotics they become bound.

Without sounding rude (I don't mean to) I suggest being more careful in the future. If you're making gear for another character don't touch it...don't do anything to it...just put it in the bank after you make it and let the character that is going to use it unlock the skin and "dress it up" with runes.

@Connla Dda.9407 said:C'mon for real? How than i equip another character which do not have craftmanship?

The ones you craft are not soulbound until you put an upgrade on them (which soulbinds them to the character; which I consider illogical as well and is a common beginner's mistake being made). However, the Guild Weapons you buy to craft the Shimmering or Tenebrous weapon are soulbound on acquire, so you need to buy them with the respetcive crafts(wo)man (the exotic result then is treated normally, i.e. it is not soulbound until you place upgrades on it).

@"Odinens.5920" said:

1. You unlocked the skins before putting the gear in your bank. Once you unlock the skin it becomes bound. This also means equipping it, as once you put it on it becomes bound.

Unlocking skin won't make it soulbound either. It just adds account bound on top of soulbound on use.

@Ralistu.1965 said:

@abelsgmx.7530 said:Why exotic gear is soul bound? Kinda annoying spend gold for craft them again for annother characters

only some is soulbound.

All crafted exotic gear is NOT soulbound on acquire. which is what this comment section is about.

I understand from your wording that English is not your first language, however, every single comment in here tells you the answer. So I have zero idea of what you're trying to ask.

I tried really hard not to be rude... which means i should stop reading the forums.

You're right, english is not my primary language. I am asking about exotic soul boung gear on use, it can't can be shared with other characters in the same account. I play ESO and gear there is Account Bound it mean that gear can be shared with all your characters in the same account. Can you understand this?

This page of the Wiki will show exactly which Crafted Exotic Armors are soul-bound, and which are not (some are account-bound in that they can not be sold). (Follow the links on the page.)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exotic_crafted_armor

If you prefer different account-bound Armor, look to Crafted Ascended Armor. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_crafting#Ascended_armor

Good luck.

@abelsgmx.7530 said:

only some is soulbound.

You're right, english is not my primary language. I am asking about exotic soul boung gear on use, it can't can be shared with other characters in the same account. I play ESO and gear there is Account Bound it mean that gear can be shared with all your characters in the same account. Can you understand this?

No exotic can't be shared with your other characters. Ascended gear CAN

@abelsgmx.7530 said:

only some is soulbound.

Yeah. i understood it the first time. Your character puts on a piece of gear and no one else can wear it. Whats the problem. Almost every game does this. It's good for the economy and it's good for the longevity of the game, as its keeps you "farming".

Soul bound gear "on use" is exactly that. When you use it, it becomes soul bound. All those comments before mine tell you this and ask you more in-depth questions. this doesn't stop you from crafting gear, putting it into the bank and using it on someone else. Which is why most of the crafted gear is NOT "bind on pick up" and is "soul bound on use".

We do have some full blown account bound gear tho, even after its been used. But you're right, its not like ESO, because this is GW2. Different games do things differently. The light armor on my healing templar is useless for my tankie heavy armor dragonknight. So why does it matter if it's not soulbound? Even if i wanted to "hand it down to my leveling sorcerer" its still mostly useless as the stats are more weighted a certain way and probably ends up taking up bank space which is limited in ESO among other things.

There is a way to craft exotic gear that is account bound, and shareable between characters that use the same armor class:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/IneffableThe highest level gear it can create is level 68, after that, all exotics are soul bound on use. If you want account bound gear for level 80, then you move on to crafting ascended.

@abelsgmx.7530 said:

only some is soulbound.

Yeah for that you need Ascended gear which is account bound only and not soul bound on use. It can be used by other toons on your account that can wear the same armor type. So for example Ascended gear that is Light armor can be shared between Elementalists, Necromancers and Mesmers on your account.

You've got to learn that MMOs don't all do the same things. I mean just cause ESO does something a certain way may make sense in the way ESO is set up but this game has a completely different set up so things can work differently.

Archived