Does solar flare (druid staff 1) heal show up in the combat log?

Joseph.6578

Duoing with a guardian and trying to understand how to get the heal to land. It does not show up in the druid parse, and all the combat log boxes are checked. It also does not show up in the guardian log as an incoming heal either. In the test, the druid is only using autofire 1 so as not to do any other healing to make seeing it difficult in the log, and the damage portion is landing on the target. The guardian is at melee range and the druid is at range, directly behind the guardian, and the beam is hitting the guardian.

Pretty sure it doesn't, but you're going to see green numbers all over the place from the healing, and the guardian is going to see his health go up. All you need to do is shoot it fairly close to the guardian on the enemy and he will be healed.

Also not to state the obvious or anything, but he needs to have been damaged to be able to be healed.

We use veteran level targets, so they can deal damage, although either of us could solo them readily. We let the guardian get down to about 75% before opening up with the druid, as we are testing this item exclusively because we never see the heals. The guardian just stands there until down to about 50%, then helps the druid finish it. Yes, the guardian does have the constant stream of virtue of resolve, but that can be seen in the log and is not solar flare healing.

At the moment your answer of "pretty sure it doesn't" seems to agree with our finding. But why not? However, since it's a real small heal, I'd like to know it's actually landing without having the FRAPS the guardian health bar.

Thanks for the reply and I'll wait to see if someone has actually seen it in the log.

You can see the heal numbers just like damage numbers, they should be floating all over your screen. Also, it definitively works, so I'm not sure what you're concerned about. If the beam is passing through the guardian, you are healing him.

Edit: I have not been playing the past week or so, so it is technically possible it's not working at all, but that would be a temporary bug.

@"Fluffball.8307" said:You can see the heal numbers just like damage numbers, they should be floating all over your screen. <

Yes, but I asked about the combat log, where the heals (green numbers) you mention flying up are labeled as to what heal caused them, from either the druid or the guardian. A guardian is pretty much a green haze, even standing still. Every heal in our logs is associated with a heal other than the solar flare. That means there is a bug somewhere. Either the heal isn't happening, or it's not being logged. When we found it not showing up, we thought to ask.

Never trust the text. If you've played the game very long at all, you know there are literally hundreds of bugs in the game that will go unfixed forever. Have you tried targeting the next ally lately using your keyboard command to do it? You can get harvesting nodes, nearby NPC's, minis, and several other things, but never an actual group mate, squad mate or your pet (you know, actual allies). Yet the text says "target next ally".

There are a LOT of things that don't show up in the combat log. Staff 1 definitely heals, so that's not a question. The druid (you) should only be seeing heals from staff 1 if you're not using regen/natural healing/etc.

Every time you cast the staff autoattack, you should 3 green numbers pop up and your AF should go up more than normal. If you want to see the effect on the other side, roll a level 2 thief and watch the healing on him.

Archived