pyro vortex small radius :/

kreven.6017

I think the radius is okay what it needs is some other kind of buff to make it actually worth the risk to hug your enemy especially as an Ele. Maybe a 20% initial damage buff or a 1/2 daze otherwise then I agree that they should seriously need to increase the radius for this skill. Even the top sword weavers I've seen play, still miss a lot with this ability mostly because of its radius and cast time making it very easy to dodge or simply run away from, the annoying part is that it doesn't feel as rewarding as it should when it actually hits.

@MagicBoi.4160 said:I think the radius is okay what it needs is some other kind of buff to make it actually worth the risk to hug your enemy especially as an Ele. Maybe a 20% initial damage buff or a 1/2 daze otherwise then I agree that they should seriously need to increase the radius for this skill. Even the top sword weavers I've seen play, still miss a lot with this ability mostly because of its radius and cast time making it very easy to dodge or simply run away from, the annoying part is that it doesn't feel as rewarding as it should when it actually hits.

100% true, lots of dual skill 3 on sword are reallu so low range that it miss 50% of time. Should increase it a bit... from 90 to 130 at least

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@MagicBoi.4160 said:I think the radius is
okay
what it needs is some other kind of buff to make it actually worth the risk to hug your enemy especially as an Ele. Maybe a 20% initial damage buff or a 1/2 daze otherwise then I agree that they should seriously need to increase the radius for this skill. Even the top sword weavers I've seen play, still miss a lot with this ability mostly because of its radius and cast time making it very easy to dodge or simply run away from, the annoying part is that it doesn't feel as rewarding as it should when it actually hits.

100% true, lots of dual skill 3 on sword are reallu so low range that it miss 50% of time. Should increase it a bit... from 90 to 130 at least

One of the few times I will agree with you. They need to really work on the swords ability to hit with it's skills... also I wish they would stop buffing the sword damage and reduce the cast times, it's so clunky, I feel like a reaper swinging a GS!

I've been working on a rework, and this skill felt way too similar to other duel attacks, so I changed it so that you cast a fiery vortex around you that deals heavy damage, burning and also blocks projectiles.

When I was considering how to change skills, I noticed that most of our skills are just melee range attacks with meh effects. Gale Strike was the only one that seemed interesting enough to keep. Pyro Vortex was one that felt almost identical: you attack up close and summon something over your enemy that does some damage. But Gale Strike had the advantage of being a CC. Twin Strikes was almost the same idea. Poke your enemy in melee range and do some damage. Nothing about each sword skill felt truly unique. So I made them unique. Every duel skill now is different in some way.

• Twin Strikes summons a fire and ice sword. If that sword hits, you summon a second one that hits harder.
  • Pryo Vortex, as shown above, summons a whirl around you that gives some protection when you are being kited.
  • Gale Strike just got a range increase. Everything else stayed the same.
  • Shearing Edge got a speed increase.
  • Natural Frenzy is less random, but it casts conditions randomly (added chill). I also made it a 20% projectile finisher.

With these changes, they all feel unique and there's a skill for every situation.

Twin Strike (Fire/Water) 130 rangePyro Vortex (Fire/Air) 130 rangeLava Skin (Fire/Earth) 180 radiusGale Strike (Air/Earth) 170 rangeQuantum Strike (Air/Air) 170 rangeCauterizing Strike (Fire/Fire) 180 rangeRust Frenzy (Earth/Earth) 130 rangeAqua Siphon (Water/Water) 180 range, 240 radiusAll sword autos 130 range

With the exception of Lava Skin, all of those skills have to have character model facing and almost on top of another player for them to land. Rings around golems in HOTM is the range if you need a visual.

Compared to dagger on core or Tempest most skills are 240, 300, 400, 900 range. 240 still feels short on Ring of Earth so these 130 range skills are just really bad. Most #3 skills on dagger are the short range ones btw, but they cast as AOE around the player so they are easier to land. Some of the short range dual skills on dagger could use same treatment too. They are much shorter than most skills on Ele as core spec.

@cgMatt.5162 said:Twin Strike (Fire/Water) 130 rangePyro Vortex (Fire/Air) 130 rangeLava Skin (Fire/Earth) 180 radiusGale Strike (Air/Earth) 170 rangeQuantum Strike (Air/Air) 170 rangeCauterizing Strike (Fire/Fire) 180 rangeRust Frenzy (Earth/Earth) 130 rangeAqua Siphon (Water/Water) 180 range, 240 radiusAll sword autos 130 range

With the exception of Lava Skin, all of those skills have to have character model facing and almost on top of another player for them to land. Rings around golems in HOTM is the range if you need a visual.

Compared to dagger on core or Tempest most skills are 240, 300, 400, 900 range. 240 still feels short on Ring of Earth so these 130 range skills are just really bad. Most #3 skills on dagger are the short range ones btw, but they cast as AOE around the player so they are easier to land. Some of the short range dual skills on dagger could use same treatment too. They are much shorter than most skills on Ele as core spec.

Wanna hear a fun joke? 240 range autoattacks on Holosmith.

HAHAHAHAHA

Archived