PvP Comparison between Brutality vs. Assassin's Annihilation

Sin.1827

TL;DR Use Brutality its a buff over AA. IO's a slight nerf but not to dps but to its ultility - things like speeding up sw3 to use it as a timed evade / or speeding up skills to not get interrupted (necessary against d/p thieves that'll headshot by reaction) / or speeding up long cast times into combos (staff5>Glint elite >io quickness )

I got the numbers from spectating a rev on zerk mesmer so its prob gonna be different than if you were to put on the power meta build BUT it shouldn't matter because its a comparison and not actual DPS numbers. So I think even if I did it properly on marauder rev, they won't be the actual DPS numbers bc of toughness boons and such. These are the comparisons of which passive does more damage using the in-game numbers on the tooltips:

-790 dps w/ normal sword auto

-1581 dps while you have Quickness (Brutality) *it'll be less except when you have 100% uptime on Quickness

-1030 dps if you can proc Assasin's Annihilation every 2 hits

-1269.33 dps if you can proc Assasin's annihilation every hit *it'll be less because it's impossible. While you can actively try to move around them with superspeed to try to get 100% procs, they can also actively turn to you before the end of each autos. It's down to luck imo.

We can consider the healing of assasin's annihilation as well. This is an example on trading:if 2 players have 100HP, we can call them P1 and P2and within the same time frame [P1 Hits for 40 dmg] and [P2 hits for 20 dmg but heals for 20] this is what will happen

P2's HP => 100 to 60P1's HP => 100 to 80; P2's HP => 60 to 80

So the point is a 40dmg hit can have the same value as 20dmg+20healing when trading. ofc healing has its disadvantages in that it doesn't actually do the DPS numbers I'm about to post bc its healing but it will have the same VALUE when trading (1v1s and such)

-1677 dps Assasin's annihilation on every hit & with healing considered *less

-1234 dps Assasin's annihilation every 2 hits & with healing considered

Probably use Brutality because its unlikely you'd be attacking 100% of the time in fights. Riposting shadow = soft disengageAnd there's the other passive from brutality

Maths https://imgur.com/a/Cfm8S

Archived