Ranger skill bug/exploit

Utility skill: sharpening stone - applies 1 stack of bleed for 8s for your next ten attacksWarhorn skill - hunter's call - 16 stacks of vulnerability - cause each hawk (16 of them) applies 1 stack for it's 1 hitSkirmishing trait - quick draw - allows the last ranger skill used in combat (after a weapon swap) to recharge in 5 seconds

Bug - using sharpening stone, followed by hunter's call - causes hunters call to apply 16 stacks of vulnerability AND 10 stacks of bleed, instead of 1, for the 1 skill used.

Yes, I submitted an in game ticket as well. Please Anet - hotfix this ASAP.

“Skills that make multiple attacks, such as Rapid Fire, use multiple stacks of sharpening stone, one for each attack.Skills that bounce, pierce or strike multiple targets use a charge per strike.

That’s how it works.

And idk why you’ve mentioned QuickDraw as it doesn’t seem related to your main point, but 5s is the window after weapon swapping to receive its bonus of “Your next weapon skill's cooldown is reduced by 66%.” Not that the next used weapon skill recharges in 5s.

That's how it's intended to work. I had someone telling me it was applying 16 stacks of bleed which I knew made no sense.

It's a dumb combination but is working as intended, just as using sharpening stones and hitting rapid fire does similar function, or barrage.

The reason it was pointed out, is that combo is a problem, and is being abused by a certain group along with a few other traits. But same can be said about any combo of traits and skills.

Archived