Hope for Tactivator and Waypoint contesting changes with WvW Patch coming

Luna.9640

I really hope we get some sort of anti-troll changes on Tactivators and how can a Keep Waypoints become contested with the upcoming WvW patch.

Here are my suggestions:

Rank 1000 or 2000 for public tactivator usage to prevent multi-account players using their alts to pull tactics before the attack on that keep.Same way it will prevent from genuinely new players to pull tactics while exploring around.

Keep Waypoints are way too easy to contest for trolls - you just need a mesmer or a thief with stealth and leap/shodowstep.You tab the gate and happily move out on your way.People been abusing this just for the troll purposes since betas and it need to change.

Make it so before WP is contested a certain % (not amount but a percent) of dmg. is dealt to the gate/walls or certain amount of guards are killed.Hoping for this change to make those trolls give up since they'll have to invest a bit more then just a gate tab to troll after this suggestion.

The tactics thing will NOT change. If people don't want people to pull them, don't set them to public.The waypoint contesting is simple - make it so only siege damage can contest structures. It benefits both sides. It stops waypoints from being contested because someone ran by AND it allows attackers to have siege already built and doing damage before anyone realizes the structure is under attack.

@Ubi.4136 said:The tactics thing will NOT change. If people don't want people to pull them, don't set them to public.

If you do that then a member of the guild has to be online to pull the tactics, otherwise there's no point to their claim, this option locks out your entire server. While having some sort of rank lock at least limits who can pull the tactivators, yes high rank trolls exist, but at least it takes away some alt spy account pulling tacts when it's not needed.

We have so many other roadblocks in wvw, guildhall upgraded to claim structures, then unlocking schematics for tactivators, minimum ranks for legendary back piece and for the special wvw armor, HoT expansion to use shield gens (tacts are from the same expansion how are they not even on that restriction?), HoT expansion to use gliding, Hot expansion for auto loot.

Putting like a simple 350 minimum rank to pull a tactivator is too much? I don't agree with 1000+ ranks btw that's way too much, 350 is needed for the legendary back, so that seems fair, if you spent the time to at least get that then you should have access to everything else.

Contesting a wp isn't always trolling, most times it's a strategic and or diversionary tactic. However, if you guys that sit at spawn and map watch while your participation ticks down and occasionally ask someone else to check taps while you continue to sit still and watch TV want pretty uncontested wps under the guise that the people that are actually playing to tap those keeps are the trolls, that's fine. The "trolls" can just build a balli and take out all your seige instead and you'd be none the wiser because nothing would be contested.

Now, you're looking at quite possibly hundreds of supply to rebuild seige as opposed to a couple of minutes to check a tap.

@"HazyDaisy.4107" said:Contesting a wp isn't always trolling, most times it's a strategic and or diversionary tactic. However, if you guys that sit at spawn and map watch while your participation ticks down and occasionally ask someone else to check taps while you continue to sit still and watch TV want pretty uncontested wps under the guise that the people that are actually playing to tap those keeps are the trolls, that's fine. The "trolls" can just build a balli and take out all your seige instead and you'd be none the wiser because nothing would be contested.

Now, you're looking at quite possibly hundreds of supply to rebuild seige as opposed to a couple of minutes to check a tap.

A strategic and diversionary tactic is all good and well but a persistent troll who only has to throw a leaf at the veteran guards to contest the waypoint constantly is absolutely ridiculous.

With my suggestion you will just need to send more then 1-2 people to contest the keep if you're using it as a legit tactic to attack it or attack Bay/Hills and solves the no-life trolls problem.

Siege only suggestion here is just adding another issues to already existing ones instead of solving anything.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:The tactics thing will NOT change. If people don't want people to pull them, don't set them to public.

If you do that then a member of the guild has to be online to pull the tactics, otherwise there's no point to their claim, this option locks out your entire server. While having some sort of rank lock at least limits who can pull the tactivators, yes high rank trolls exist, but at least it takes away some alt spy account pulling tacts when it's not needed.

We have so many other roadblocks in wvw, guildhall upgraded to claim structures, then unlocking schematics for tactivators, minimum ranks for legendary back piece and for the special wvw armor, HoT expansion to use shield gens (tacts are from the same expansion how are they not even on that restriction?), HoT expansion to use gliding, Hot expansion for auto loot.

Putting like a simple 350 minimum rank to pull a tactivator is too much? I don't agree with 1000+ ranks btw that's way too much, 350 is needed for the legendary back, so that seems fair, if you spent the time to at least get that then you should have access to everything else.

A member of the guild does NOT have to be online. As soon as every member, with tactics permissions, of a claiming guild leaves the map, the tactics automatically become Public. Also, the guild member on the map can turn off Private at any time if the objective is attacked. Most of the time they are hanging around that objective anyway.

The real issue is what I pointed out in another thread, if the guild has a member on an opposing server on the same map, and that member leaves the map, the tactics go back to public, even if there are still other members on the map. See: Tactics go Public

@Luna.9640 said:Rank 1000 or 2000 for public tactivator usage to prevent multi-account players using their alts to pull tactics before the attack on that keep.No, that also prevents assistance from experienced WvWarriors.And that assumes that it's okay to prevent people from using them just because they are new; I don't agree with that.

Keep Waypoints are way too easy to contest for trolls - you just need a mesmer or a thief with stealth and leap/shodowstep.You don't need a mesmer or a thief.

Make it so before WP is contested a certain % (not amount but a percent) of dmg. is dealt to the gate/walls or certain amount of guards are killed.I'll agree that tapping is too easy to contest a WP. Sometimes the best indicator that there's a threat is the contested WP, though, so I'd prefer it was something pretty simple: 2 guards (the usual number that defend a gate) or 1% damage to any wall or gate.

@Colly.4073 said:A strategic and diversionary tactic is all good and well but a persistent troll who only has to throw a leaf at the veteran guards to contest the waypoint constantly is absolutely ridiculous.

Totally agree. Far too easy for enemy to troll keeps. More often than not the tagging is not related to anything strategic. Change is needed.

@"Sarrs.4831" said:I'm actually very curious how 'only siege damage can contest a WP' would play.

Maybe not a rule to just throw in permanently, but have it for a week and see how it goes?

I would like to see it as well. Right now there is no real "strategic" element to contesting a wp since it's so easy and fast that doing it is a no-brainer. Send one gank member off to contest and he can be back before you've even really started on your real objective. You risk nothing.

However, requiring some siege damage be done forces commanders to decide whether it's worth spending supply and more time and/or more people off from the zerg for the single purpose of contesting that wp. Suddenly it's an actual strategic decision that has an element of risk/reward to it.

@Euryon.9248 said:

@"Sarrs.4831" said:I'm actually very curious how 'only siege damage can contest a WP' would play.

Maybe not a rule to just throw in permanently, but have it for a week and see how it goes?

I would like to see it as well. Right now there is no real "strategic" element to contesting a wp since it's so easy and fast that doing it is a no-brainer. Send one gank member off to contest and he can be back before you've even really started on your real objective. You risk nothing.

However, requiring some siege damage be done forces commanders to decide whether it's worth spending supply and more time and/or more people off from the zerg for the single purpose of contesting that wp. Suddenly it's an actual strategic decision that has an element of risk/reward to it.

So... it's two people with supplybthat flash build a cats at max range and hit a wall. No harder. Not sure it accomplishes your goal, but I guess it's something.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

So... it's two people with supplybthat flash build a cats at max range and hit a wall. No harder. Not sure it accomplishes your goal, but I guess it's something.

Or use a paper ballista. It still does siege damage, hue hue hue.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

Or use a paper ballista. It still does siege damage, hue hue hue.

Even more insult. Nicely noted!

The next step will be that people will call for a certain amount of damage.

Which... has some very extreme logical problems with the notion.

@Luna.9640 said:I really hope we get some sort of anti-troll changes on Tactivators and how can a Keep Waypoints become contested with the upcoming WvW patch.

Make it so before WP is contested a certain % (not amount but a percent) of dmg. is dealt to the gate/walls or certain amount of guards are killed.Hoping for this change to make those trolls give up since they'll have to invest a bit more then just a gate tab to troll after this suggestion.

How much damage then? And will the keep stay contested until it's repaired? And how long between hits?

So... hit a tower with three catapault shots, tower isn't contested because it's not enough. Come back in 5 minutes, do the same thing. Next thing you know, wall is down, no swords...

But if it's an aggregate damage, then the swords would have to remain until its repaired.. try THAT on SMC. It would never be uncontested.

Way too many flaws with wall or gate damage being the trigger by itself.

Banners dont have much use, meaning only 2 tactics can be trolled and losing supply drop/chilling fog isn't that bad.

Waypoint contesting was and is very important part of flipping something upgraded from the enemy, there shouldn't be much change, 1 person should be able to contest the keep. Defending is already super easy with HoT changes like extra health on objectives, shield gens shutting down catas/trebs/omegas, upgrading doesn't take supply, tactics, claim buff, presence of the keep, ewp, faster upgrade times, basically free siege....

Its normal for camp flipper to tag garri and go flip upgraded camps like north camp while 1 of enemy scouts is checking it, because that means 1 less person defending. Do you really want to take outplay potential from roamers?

Id say, improve on using the tools you have at your disposal now rather than qq about losing a upgraded objective due to late scout report (yes scout can leave the objective and scout them at f/e south camp of the keep), it happens.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Arrow carts can't damage walls or gates, so that particular method won't work.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Arrow carts can't damage walls or gates, so that particular method won't work.

Catas. Auto correct for the loss.

Archived