Returning to game after 4 years...Help me out!

kcrandle.4870

Hi everyone, returning to GW2 has been kind of overwhelming, so much to learn. First off, I need to choose a "main" I want to do all the end game stuff as well as pvp in the long run. I have a few classes I want to play, but want to know for the end game raids should I focus on one so ensure a spot? I have 41 Mesmer and Ranger, 44 Thief and 54 Guardian. It looks like the Mesmer was the last profession I was playing before I quit that game all those years ago.

Well thank you all for your time and any insight you can give me on proper leveling builds and such.

mesmer (specifically chrono) can basically do everything in raids (tank, dps, boon support with small amounts of healing, they have a build for all of these roles), and druid (ranger's hot espec) gives the most unique buffs while capping 25 might for 10 ppl as a side effect of healing and has a decent dps build. Those 2 professions are most sought after in t4s and raids. Thief and guardi are basically dps and those are a dime a dozen, if you want to stand out from the rest, you'll have to do better than the rest of the pugs, which is alot easier than it sounds given the general skill level of pugs being near bottom of the barrel. You basically need to know what you're doing to not get kicked. Meaning you need to know all of your chosen class' mechanics as well as the mechanics involved in the instance you want to do, be it t4s or raids. Join a guild, watch videos, and generally learn about everything you can before diving in.

@Sephylon.4938 said:mesmer (specifically chrono) can basically do everything in raids (tank, dps, boon support with small amounts of healing, they have a build for all of these roles), and druid (ranger's hot espec) gives the most unique buffs while capping 25 might for 10 ppl as a side effect of healing and has a decent dps build. Those 2 professions are most sought after in t4s and raids. Thief and guardi are basically dps and those are a dime a dozen, if you want to stand out from the rest, you'll have to do better than the rest of the pugs, which is alot easier than it sounds given the general skill level of pugs being near bottom of the barrel. You basically need to know what you're doing to not get kicked. Meaning you need to know all of your chosen class' mechanics as well as the mechanics involved in the instance you want to do, be it t4s or raids. Join a guild, watch videos, and generally learn about everything you can before diving in.

Thank you so much, things have changed a lot that is for sure.

Archived