Returning players looking for 3 man guidance

Wattser.9536

Hey guys,My 2 friends and I are coming back to the game and have not played since really vanilla. Will be played PvE, WvW, and PvP together and wanted to get some input on a solid 3 man group we could work with to cover those areas. We each have multiple play styles so we are not set on a single "type" of build. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Current pve meta groups include warrior (damage), mesmer (utility support) and ranger (healer) as main offensive buffers. All of them can be focused more on dps to fit open world playstyle more.

They are also top tier in spvp and wvw roaming. When it comes to wvw squads, warr and mesmer have very important roles, but at the same time you dont want to stack too many of them (so they might be rare depending on server, which is a good thing for you). Druid is pretty good healer, but outscaled by firebrand which means that ranger isnt always needed/welcome in squads (but there are also lots of clueless/new players who play longbow rangers which dont have any role in a big squad so that's another factor why people hate rangers there). I personally (as staff weaver-ele) like having a competent healer druid in my party because it gives a good dps boost.

Archived