Help for newer player on a solid solo build for PVE

PeacefulWarrior.2867

The meta dps builds for both mirage and power chrono are very solid for open world. Personally, I prefer chrono for its burst damage; its survivability, while not mirage-tier, is still very good for a glass cannon build. I managed to solo a lot of HoT's HP champions with it while trying to unlock chrono on a new mesmer I rolled after last patch.

Of course, you can fine-tune the build towards solo play, mostly aiming at getting more might. Personally, I don't like making different gear just for open world, but if you do, you can go full assassin's, or a zerk/assasing mix, with runes of strength. Regardless of gear, GS is a nice pve weapon, giving might and safe range for meta bosses. Sword main-hand for your other weapon set, and either sword off-hand for an opening burst, or maybe shield for some more survivability/CC.

For traits, Duel (1/3/1), Chrono (2/3/3), then Dom (2/2/1) if you are using GS, otherwise Illu (2/2/1). Fried dumplings is pretty much the best solo food, and during Lunar new year is the best time to stock them up.

For Open World I'm using this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAnf7anELD1LjVLDWoBMMjlXDzMFMcqJ+7vCYCENAkTeOA-jByGAB9o87D9DAoEsZzfys/AunEAXU/52nAAA-e It's very cheap to gear, except sigils and jewels but you can find cheaper equivalents. The idea is to generate 3 clones, shatter and repeat. You have over 24k HP, massive loads of toughness. 17% of toughness is converted to condi dmg thanks to Chaotic Transference trait and set of Undead Runes. If you have monies, you can wear Trailblazer gear.Scepter + Pistol is a ranged option for soloing Chamipons. Change Master of Fragmentation to Malicious Sorcery.

I am a a new player to mesmer as well. In my personal opinion I would stick with the power chrono builds just because berserker gear is so easy to come by when you're new. The Condi Mirage builds were not as effective for me when I tried them; I am assuming this is because I don't have any Vipers gear and it is not as accessible.

Archived