Other server members joining squad — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Other server members joining squad

SnowPumpkin.1809SnowPumpkin.1809 Member ✭✭
edited February 18, 2018 in WvW

I've noticed something really annoying. We literally had or best com tag down today because a previous member of our server kept /squadjoining us and targeting our com. How should this be something that's even possible? Anet is there no kind of way to block this kind of thing from happening, please.

Comments

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Doesn't closing squad to invites only block this?

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • SnowPumpkin.1809SnowPumpkin.1809 Member ✭✭
    edited February 18, 2018

    That doesn't keep them from joining that way according to what the com told me. He is a lead com on Gandara and over level 5000 is wvw so I believe him. The com kept kicking the person then filling the squad so he couldn't get back in. But this person kept squadjoin spamming and getting back in every time someone left.

  • lol this isnt fixed still? i guess its a feature now. usually we get mag and their link join our squad and all they say in squadchat is thrash.

    please release me, let me go

  • SnowPumpkin.1809SnowPumpkin.1809 Member ✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018

    You think Anet would fix this issue then, wow. This person was literally yelling at our com to tag off or he would keep doing it...com eventually got so annoyed he did. It didn't help this person kept moa'ing him either. Sounds funny but it wasn't. It's hard to manage a 50 person squad with that kind of thing happening.

  • Well, now you guys know how it feels... the same person ( ex gandara ) has been doing this to other servers comme for YEARS.....

  • Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

    I weep for what is left of this game when THIS KITTEN IS ACTUALLY A POST.

  • what exactly is the problem? was he on your team?

    The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

  • Offair.2563Offair.2563 Member ✭✭✭

    Simply set squad options to invite only with approval. Also simply block that player so the yelling stops. Easy Peasy.

    Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and own you with experience.
    Big Babou, Ranger for life.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    But... dont commanders only want fights, no ppt? Telling the enemy where you are is the best way for that.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    block and close does not work?

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2018

    Haha, old Sarah Huntalot strikes again.

    Yea he ought to be banned already considering he must have hundreds of reports about him already.

    Now to bring up another issue about squads, there is someone merging squads with PvE squads in LFG system everytime commander leaves which will obviously inconvenience anyone who would like to take over the squad BUT ALSO THE PVE PLAYERS <-- PvE needs the fix!!!!! Its not only WvW problem!! Next Patch, please!!!

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • KiloCharlieRomeo.1874KiloCharlieRomeo.1874 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2018

    "invite only with approval" - the issue is, if I remember well, that anyone in the party can give the approval - and even if telling not to do it for this particular person in TS and chat, there always will be a low-IQ guy in the squad who does it (speaking about a mostly PUG-zerg). And in the middle of fights people have usually better to do than hunting down in the squad-list to kick Sarah (as he's a master, /bow, in switching parties). So, simple solution ( /wink ANet): allow only the Commander and Lieutenants to approve a join if "Allow uninvited players to join?" with "Yes, with approval" selected.

    Edit: keep up the possibility of other server member's joining as it is nice for dueling/coordinating fights between opponents. And Sarah is actually funny when not in full-kitten-comm-focusing-mode ;)

  • Who is that commander tho? Seems not so good if you can't just block him because that blocks him joining your squad.

  • @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:
    This person was literally yelling at our com to tag off or he would keep doing it

    If you're going to tell stories, at least don't lie about them :P

  • @Regnum.7102 said:

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:
    This person was literally yelling at our com to tag off or he would keep doing it

    If you're going to tell stories, at least don't lie about them :P

    That would be an awful stupid thing to lie about, why would I bother. Maybe you like wasting peoples time and trolling but I don't.

  • @hotcatz.6834 said:
    Well, now you guys know how it feels... the same person ( ex gandara ) has been doing this to other servers comme for YEARS.....

    As you can see by Hotcatz post I'm not the only one aware there are problems with, thanks you :)

  • SnowPumpkin.1809SnowPumpkin.1809 Member ✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018

    @Threather.9354 said:
    Haha, old Sarah Huntalot strikes again.

    Yea he ought to be banned already considering he must have hundreds of reports about him already.

    Now to bring up another issue about squads, there is someone merging squads with PvE squads in LFG system everytime commander leaves which will obviously inconvenience anyone who would like to take over the squad BUT ALSO THE PVE PLAYERS <-- PvE needs the fix!!!!! Its not only WvW problem!! Next Patch, please!!!

    You know exactly who it is lol. I like him ok and just wanted anet to be aware of this issue.

  • @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:
    This person was literally yelling at our com to tag off or he would keep doing it

    If you're going to tell stories, at least don't lie about them :P

    That would be an awful stupid thing to lie about, why would I bother. Maybe you like wasting peoples time and trolling but I don't.

    Oh it's easy to make something sound much worse than it is by simply adding some more words. I'm pretty sure I didn't yell to anyone nor told anyone that I'd keep moaing him unless he tags down. What would be the fun on that?

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2018

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:
    Yup you know exactly who it is lol. He has it in for me now and killed me off twice today, he says he's coming back to Gandara so I'm a little worried for us. I liked him ok and just wanted anet to be aware of this issue, but now after seeing this is a normal thing and this person is still around idk.

    Yea I dont mind him focusing me, commander focusing is definitely not his forte and 1 person hitting commander is only like 1 more to 15 others. But the squad joining is definitely something we dont like. Vabbi has 0 ranger policy, if he was on something else, he could possibly stay.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • @Regnum.7102 said:

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:

    @SnowPumpkin.1809 said:
    This person was literally yelling at our com to tag off or he would keep doing it

    If you're going to tell stories, at least don't lie about them :P

    That would be an awful stupid thing to lie about, why would I bother. Maybe you like wasting peoples time and trolling but I don't.

    Oh it's easy to make something sound much worse than it is by simply adding some more words. I'm pretty sure I didn't yell to anyone nor told anyone that I'd keep moaing him unless he tags down. What would be the fun on that?

    Was just going by what the com said on TS, maybe you weren't yelling, but it is an issue, other servers shouldn't be able to just /squadjoin like that in wvw.

  • Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2018

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    So... when this was occurring, and it seemed to go for quite a bit, why not close the squad until he gets tired of it?

    The idea of an open squad may be smarter, but rage quitting because of a troll doesn't seem to be.

  • @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    Set it on approval only. Fixed!

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2018

    @Regnum.7102 said:

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    Set it on approval only. Fixed!

    You cant really focus with the approval window on the left side. Also anyone in squad can accept him in the squad so it doesnt really work. Also it will keep spamming "Sarah Huntalot has been kicked from squad" everytime someone says "no" which is also annoying chat spam.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2018

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    So... when this was occurring, and it seemed to go for quite a bit, why not close the squad until he gets tired of it?

    The idea of an open squad may be smarter, but rage quitting because of a troll doesn't seem to be.

    Well if you have mentality to do so, you can just ignore him. But inviting everyone to squad is a lot of work and 70% of pugs wont bother even saying they want in the squad. Then you end up inviting 2-man guild raids and other people. And then you have that annoying window on the left side again.

    The main problem here is, he should be banned for making the gamemode for less attractive for other servers. It is like going to your 2nd account and wasting all supply and tactivators in enemy keep but 3x as worse. Of course there are ways to go around it but what I am saying, this issue should have been fixed already as he has been doing for 2 years now.

    Ri Ba - WvW Commander/hard carry
    Making Desolation great again/Alt somewhere
    Diamond Legend

  • Regnum.7102Regnum.7102 Member ✭✭
    edited February 25, 2018

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:

    @Threather.9354 said:

    @Regnum.7102 said:
    Nah, there are ways to counter that. It's people's fault if they don't use them.

    So theres 2 ways: Full squad and closed squad. Full squad obviously doesnt work and closed squad is not used on EU because open squad is much smarter and easier to manage. its already hard enough to get people to join squad and believe this, EU players dont like people dying instantly under ac fire and locking half of the community out instead of helping them improve.

    Set it on approval only. Fixed!

    You cant really focus with the approval window on the left side. Also anyone in squad can accept him in the squad so it doesnt really work. Also it will keep spamming "Sarah Huntalot has been kicked from squad" everytime someone says "no" which is also annoying chat spam.

    I've had plenty of times where the invite has just been left there, being ignored. If you have people accepting or kicking, you'll have to blame them. In fact, I'm not sure, but I think there's a way to make it so only the commander and lieutenants can accept the request. But one way or another, the option is there, it's just not used properly.

    @Threather.9354 said:
    the main problem here is, he should be banned for making the gamemode for less attractive for other servers.

    Agreed. Also I'm tired of people killing me with broken builds, we should ban them for making the game less attractive for me. Oh and let's not talk about the people who drop useless food or moa the commanders! How dare they

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.