TL;DW GW2: Git Gud 1.1 - Options & Keybinds

Blogg.8396

TL;DW GW2: Git Gud 1.1 - Options & Keybinds (Optimized version!)

Hiya!

This is a quick post about the first (low quality lol) episode of a series I'm working on called "TL;DW GW2". The point of the series is to simply give optimal tutorials over a short amount of time. Due to this, one of the drawbacks is limiting explanations of choices during the video. However, If my time permits and enough people enjoy the content, I might work on more extended tutorials in the future. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated from anyone who wants to watch it, and I hope this short video will help some players improve their setting decisions! I'm also aware that I might be hit with opposing opinions on what to pick, especially since most of the video lacks explanations. Even if your feedback is negative, I'd still love to hear it. <3

Next episode will be on optimal movement settings/methods and how the 'in-combat' system affects movement speed/jumps.

Thanks for reading and good luck playing,

-Etre

Special Thanks:Jeffies, Kronos, Naru, Half, Rarnark, Helio, Marvin, Althume, Min Scherzo, Mur, Olrun, Phantaram, Lu Bu, Vaanss, Zeromis, Zorh, Kat, Zenyus and others for keeping me active and improving my game.

Looking at your special thanks, I assumed you interviewed these players? It would've been nice if you got an example of all of their keybinds and could show a compare/contrast. Also it'd be nice if you could go into detail a bit more, like I what is "Player chatter" and why should I have that on?

Also I think About Face is only useful for some classes that need it, like Mesmer or Thief. "Adjust Character Height" should only be off some of the times. For human characters it's best to keep always off, but for example my Asura I need to turn it on and it gives me a much clearer vertical view. I don't think a 20-30 super detailed video is needed either, just a bit more of an explanation, since a lot of these settings are self-explanitory.

Other than that, cool video. Would love to see more.

@"shippage.1983" said:Looking at your special thanks, I assumed you interviewed these players? It would've been nice if you got an example of all of their keybinds and could show a compare/contrast. Also it'd be nice if you could go into detail a bit more, like I what is "Player chatter" and why should I have that on?

Also I think About Face is only useful for some classes that need it, like Mesmer or Thief. "Adjust Character Height" should only be off some of the times. For human characters it's best to keep always off, but for example my Asura I need to turn it on and it gives me a much clearer vertical view. I don't think a 20-30 super detailed video is needed either, just a bit more of an explanation, since a lot of these settings are self-explanitory.

Other than that, cool video. Would love to see more.

Thanks for the reply!

I have not interviewed these players, I've simply played with them in ranked queues and ATs. I've participated in inhouses with professional teams many times before. Regarding player chatter, it allows you to hear downed targets in stealth once they start bandaging. Not only that, but it lets you know when an enemy deadeye is at max stacks.

I prefer my camera height the same on every character, but I get where you are coming from. Thanks for the input!

@Sila.6748 said:Would love if there could be a transcript posted for people who can't watch or listen to videos, or can't follow video tutorials. Appreciate the video in general though!

I can write one up in a google doc, sure! Thanks for the input. <3

@steki.1478 said:I would suggest making same post on reddit, if you haven't already.

I didn't think of that, I'll get to it; thanks!

@"Blogg.8396" said:TL;DW GW2: Git Gud 1.1 - Options & Keybinds (Optimized version!)

Hiya!

This is a quick post about the first (low quality lol) episode of a series I'm working on called "TL;DW GW2". The point of the series is to simply give optimal tutorials over a short amount of time. Due to this, one of the drawbacks is limiting explanations of choices during the video. However, If my time permits and enough people enjoy the content, I might work on more extended tutorials in the future. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated from anyone who wants to watch it, and I hope this short video will help some players improve their setting decisions! I'm also aware that I might be hit with opposing opinions on what to pick, especially since most of the video lacks explanations. Even if your feedback is negative, I'd still love to hear it. <3

Next episode will be on optimal movement settings/methods and how the 'in-combat' system affects movement speed/jumps.

-Etre

Special Thanks:Jeffies, Kronos, Naru, Half, Rarnark, Helio, Marvin, Althume, Min Scherzo, Mur, Olrun, Phantaram, Lu Bu, Vaanss, Zeromis, Zorh, Kat, Zenyus and others for keeping me active and improving my game.

Wish i had your 43ms ping and not the 280-320ms i get from logging in from Oz.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@"Blogg.8396" said:TL;DW GW2: Git Gud 1.1 - Options & Keybinds (Optimized version!)

Hiya!

-Etre

Wish i had your 43ms ping and not the 280-320ms i get from logging in from Oz.

Hah, that's actually a little above average for me (when I'm on campus). I usually run 25-35.https://gyazo.com/e66b1215bf769ca922592dc90b9fa68f

Wish I could share it with everyone. :P

Archived