Warrior Healing Signet "Passive Effect"

Trigr.6481

Lets just take a roll call shall we.

Guardian Signet Of Resolve : Cleanses a condition every ten seconds, pretty trash passive but still should have some active play instead.

Ranger Signet Of Renewal : heals 62 base healing ~ every 0.6 seconds. Not very much healing but again, more active play would be nice. Maybe heals you every time your pet attacked someone, just throwing out ideas

Thief Signet of Malice: Heals 132 base when you attack. At least there's active play involved.

Elementalist Signet Of Restoration : Grants health every time you cast a spell. Active Play

Mesmer Signet of the Ether : Heal yourself whenever you summon an illusion. Active Play

Necro Signet Of Vamparism : Heal when struck by a foe. Active play atleast on your enemies part, I guess? Still would like to see something else rather than this.

Warrior Healing Signet: Regenerate health. You LITERALLY just stand there.

I can understand some cop out arguments of "oh well it's supposed to be passive, it's doing as intended" is great and all, but when the passive is essentially more valuable than the active effect then there's a problem. This is the biggest offender in terms of a heal skill based on what you get for literally nothing done on the players part. It needs to be tied into the warriors class mechanic to give you healing based off how much adrenaline you generate, or when you spend it etc, just throwing out ideas. Thanks for reading.

@Cougre.6543 said:The active play for warrior is consistently landing burst skills for adrenal health, without which healing signet isn't nearly as good.

I'm not talking about Adrenal Health, I'm talking about Healing signet. The thread is essentially about promoting some sort of active play into healing signet, as opposed to the way it is now where you can literally just stand there and benefit from it, which isn't healthy for the game. I think you misunderstood the thread, or perhaps didn't read it.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Cougre.6543 said:The active play for warrior is consistently landing burst skills for adrenal health, without which healing signet isn't nearly as good.

Healing Signet is always taken regardless of whether the warrior is taking the defense traitline or not. Healing Signet's passive is one of the highest HPS heal skills in the game.

Yep. It's almost guaranteed the every meta warrior build uses healing signet for this reason.

I agree that Healing Signet's passive is way too good. Even without Adrenal Health, it heals for too much. Why else would every warrior take it? I'd like to see the passive effect changed, and then the active made more desirable. It's a crappy active heal and 6 seconds of resistance isn't going to save you in this boon hate meta. Even another Spellbreaker can counter the active. I only have one idea for a rework at the moment, but it's slightly more active and makes a bit more sense given the theme that I think Anet wants with the signet: condition defence.

Passive: Heal when inflicted by a condition.Active: Heal based on the number of conditions on you and gain resistance.

You pay the fact your enemy knows you’re never gonna burst heal. Yes that has value of it’s own.Also the signet has more play to it vs condi heavy builds where you might use it a few times and when you do can be important.Maybe it can be nerfed slightly again, but the issue of warrior sustain is spellbreaker not heal sig.Also the other heals could use some love to make them more attractive over the signet.

Warrior has always been the most predictable and easy-to-play class in a game without cross-classing. This meant that it was either going to be worthless in pvp (which it was for about a year after launch) or overpowered (which it was after that point). The way that it became overpowered was by anet constantly drizzling it with further buffs to passive stances and passive healing so it would survive for free while everyone dumped every skill onto this big idiot standing in a circle and chaining skills at anyone who got particularly close. Now that's how every class plays.

Healing signet is the favourite because of warrior's kiting playstyle, doing roughly 7000 heal over 20 seconds. If you take poison into account then the healing from signet is going to be even less. Mending does 6500 heal on 20 second cooldown and removes 3 conditions. There really isn't much as far as healing power is concerned between the two skills so I don't understand the thought that healing signet needs to change. If you are going to nerf signet, then warrior will just take mending and use it while kiting or with stability so you can't interupt it.

The counter play to fighting warrior is avoiding the burst so warrior doesn't receive adrenal health stacks. GS burst already has a pathetic range so all you really need to worry about is the dagger F1 and full counter, which full counter is quite easily avoidable I might add.

To be fair i find more broken and annoying druid heals, they are almost dead? In a matter of seconds they are full heal again. Thing that healing signet cannot do, the warrior to refill have to kite and actually land the burst skills to have perma 3stacks of adrenaline regen trait.

Dodge the burst skills and deny his kiting and you see how bad warrior healing is compared to druid which resets battle completely in matter of seconds.

Good eles with their signet are healed even more than warrior even if that's active based on spell used.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Healing Signet is always taken regardless of whether the warrior is taking the defense traitline or not. Healing Signet's passive is one of the highest HPS heal skills in the game.

Yep. It's almost guaranteed the every meta warrior build uses healing signet for this reason.

They use HS for a lack of better heals,or actually heals that get easily interrupted with a long wind up animation.They use HS to combo it with adren hp and keep 3 stacks up because HS on it's own is not strong and everyone can outdamage HS's regen with regular attacks ( If your dps cannot outdamage 380hp/sec,there's something with your build ),it's the combo from HS with adren hp which synergize really well together.If you honestly think HS will save the day of a warri on it's own than youre sadly mistaken,a few stacks of bleed or any other dot is enough to shut Hs down.

I don't get it. Why do people want every profession have similar or even the same working skills/passives etc? Defeats the whole purpose of profession in my opinion. Warrior sucks at other stuff that other professions are better at. But looking at one single ability and saying it's too strong because other prorofessions don't have the same effect. I don't know. What's next? Mesmers with pets? Because rangers have them? Wtf Anet?

I think Signet of Vampirism should behave in the following way:

After you are attacked, your next attack leeches some health, 1/2 s ICD. Stacks up to X times.

X should probably be a low number like 4-5, and your next attack should deplete all available stacks.E.g., if the leech effect is 100hp per stack and you have 4 stacks, your next attack should leech 400hp.

This way there is an active component to it and it still retains the value of getting a passive benefit when getting trained.

As for warrior Healing Signet, it is indeed the strongest passive heal in the game, but I think within the current meta-game, the active is still very useful (and widely used by good warrior players). I think it would be best if the Adrenal Health trait just became something else, and make the Healing Signet passive just be what Adrenal Health currently is (maybe adjust some numbers). This way, the design would be in line with similar re-works of other classes' passive healing.

@"Acandis.3250" said:I think Signet of Vampirism should behave in the following way:

After you are attacked, your next attack leeches some health, 1/2 s ICD. Stacks up to X times.

X should probably be a low number like 4-5, and your next attack should deplete all available stacks.
E.g., if the leech effect is 100hp per stack and you have 4 stacks, your next attack should leech 400hp.

This way there is an active component to it and it still retains the value of getting a passive benefit when getting trained.

As for warrior
, it is indeed the strongest passive heal in the game, but I think within the current meta-game, the active is still very useful (and widely used by good warrior players). I think it would be best if the
trait just became something else, and make the Healing Signet passive just be what Adrenal Health currently is (maybe adjust some numbers). This way, the design would be in line with similar re-works of other classes' passive healing.

Maybe if they want it to remain a sustain trait it just gives like 100 health per point of adrenaline used (core war would get 3k hp if they landed a fully charged burst skill). Then they still have sustain but that sustain is dependent on them actively being in combat landing skills.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Maybe their other heal skills could use some rework to compete with the signet? I'm not sure if Healing signet is too strong or if others are too bad.

Healing signet alone is terrible and can be denied with simple autoattacks, it works good and in synergy with adrenaline health and that's all.

The other heals are meh, the new spellbreaker one is pretty neat in my opinion, but same as the other it gets too easily interrupted because they all have too long cast times and you can't manage to have always stability to safe heal even if someone combo full counter stability and immediately after meditation heal (the new spellbreaker heal), but that's not reliable.

People still didn't understand that warrior health regen comes all from "burst skills" landed. If they don't land the gs and dagger(or axe or hammer or whatever) burst skills to have constant 3adrenhealth they die pretty easily.

A druid with 15% hp kite 5 seconds and he is full hp again. That is some broken kitten.

Maining spellbreaker in WvW, as other(s) have said it does have better use vs. Condi outnumbered or not. And NO spellbreaker does not have perma resist unless you take like either full commanders gear or half + boon food (both arent that effective). Warriors passive healing (signet AND adrenal) are both strong, but they've already been nerfed twice... Also considering it doesnt have the disengages other meta roaming classes (druid/thief/mes) have, this makes it fair in terms of sustain/not dying.

Archived