Where does gold come from in Silverwasyes?

Dabrixmgp.4758

Been here a few times over the weekend. Ran around doing events, killing Champs, and opening bandit chests and I dont feel any richer. When I open everything and salvage its still more just more mats like Mithril ore that only sell for copper each. So when do I start swimming in gold like everyone talks about?

As @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said, the idea is you convert everything earned into gold.

• Champ bags are opened on an L25-L56 character.
  • Masterwork gear is salvaged with Copper-Fed, mats are sold, runes/sigils are vendored.
  • Rare gear is salvaged with Silver-Fed or Mystic, mats sold, runes/sigils vendored.
  • Exotics are listed on the TP.
  • Currency earned is converted to gold through one of several mechanisms (Grind Coven has a particular preference).

Here's a link to a post from Grind Coven about where their gold comes from in Silverwastes (the numbers are off because the markets have changed; the idea remains the same):https://redd.it/7654p7

And here's one from Testifye about farming Istan, which follows the same concept but with the Palawadan/Great Hall events instead of RIBA:https://sites.google.com/view/gw2-tipm/home

Some notes about the details:

• You open champ bags on a mid-tier character because the mats are more valuable: typically 30-40% above L80 loot (the difference between the 'worst' & the 'best' within the range of L25-L57 is about 10%, so it matters, but not enough to worry about having multiple toons to open).
  • You vendor runes/sigils because it's quick; while you can sometimes make more money doing something else, the value per time spent is low (plus it's boring)
  • Similarly, you use Copper-Fed and Silver-Fed because they are quicker than buying individual kits.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"Dabrixmgp.4758" said:I only have level 80s so do i need to spend 800 gems just to make this worth it? Might as well just sell the gems if I need a new character slot.

No, the same process gives okay results on a lv80, its just not optimal.

Exactly. As I mentioned above, the value of opening champ bags on a mid-tier toon is about 20-40% more (depending on the market).

Here's the specific benefits:

• According to the main tool for measuring this, the values right now are ~1.85s/bag at L80 vs ~5s/bag at L54-57. Call it 3s/bag bonus for choosing to open on a mid-tier toon.
  • A new character slot today costs 800g, which is approximately 220 gold.
  • At 3s/bag, you'd need to open 7333 bags to break even, i.e. over 29 stacks of gear bags.
  • According to Grind Coven, the most efficient RIBA train should generate upwards of 160 bags per cycle. That means kill the Vinewrath nearly 46 times, assuming each run was efficient (and you got most of the bandit chests etc.).

So having a mid-tier toon matters, but not enough for you to buy another toon slot unless you plan to farm for hours each week.

When you say you're running around doing events and killing champs are you doing the meta-event chain or just the random ones that spawn around the map? Are you going into the holes that open in the middle of each fort during the Breach event to fight the champions down there? Are you fighting the Vinewrath bosses that appear on the west side of the map after the Breach?

A lot of the rewards from Silverwastes (including champion bags) come from the meta-event chain and you get more for the events towards the end like those two. If you're focusing on champions that spawn out in the desert and not doing the event chain you're missing a lot of rewards.

Archived