S.E.T Alpine borderland detect range

Neutra.6857

@Neutra.6857 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:Bridge for hills or monument? It shouldn't be marking you on hills bridge I don't think as you are "supposed" to be able to sneak under that bridge to attack camp.

Bridge for Hills.

If you can, check under it and see if you are marked traveling under that bridge to get into the camp. If it marks down there at all it has been changed as not even the sentry will mark a player down there.

@Neutra.6857 said:I'm not in game anymore so I will check that later. When I hugged the wall closest to Hills under the bridge I wasn't marked but I was closer to the other side of the Hills Bridge when I was marked.

Ya that hasn't changed then. When entering camp from water, just stick left, has been in place for some time. The SET watchtower has always done some serious control and it feels good as a watch tower, unless it isn't yours!

@Justine.6351 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:I'm not in game anymore so I will check that later. When I hugged the wall closest to Hills under the bridge I wasn't marked but I was closer to the other side of the Hills Bridge when I was marked.

Ya that hasn't changed then. When entering camp from water, just stick left, has been in place for some time. The SET watchtower has always done some serious control and it feels good as a watch tower, unless it isn't yours!

Huh, I seem to remember being able to stand on the bridge closer to the tower and not get marked, my memory must be off.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:NET on alpine was adjusted several months back as you could not go up the switchback without being marked. Now if you hug the edge, you can be missed. NWT though.... you need to travel skrittland to avoid it.

Net was changed because it was marking you clear down by Nec. At first glance you might say it's the same distance as Set to hills bridge but if you consider the nearest points as if standing in the tower, the old Net watchtower was like 50% further reaching. It felt more arbitrary due to its height.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:NET on alpine was adjusted several months back as you could not go up the switchback without being marked. Now if you hug the edge, you can be missed. NWT though.... you need to travel skrittland to avoid it.

Net was changed because it was marking you clear down by Nec. At first glance you might say it's the same distance as Set to hills bridge but if you consider the nearest points as if standing in the tower, the old Net watchtower was like 50% further reaching. It felt more arbitrary due to its height.

The first and last time something got changed as a result of a thread I started :).

SET seems same as always though, allowing you to go under the bridge arch closest to Hills to escape both the sentry and WT.

If anything about that area needs to change though, I'd argue it would be the glide parameters for Hills, both North and South, owning the keep should have more weight than owning those camps, same with North Fire, just a tad more distance for both.

Archived