Post Patch Holosmith Roaming + build

Lacko.6572

Great video, what do you think of using sword shield over rifle?

I find myself in a very bad spot against warriors, I can manage to kill them only using rocket boots, otherwise they are costant close to me and once out of photon forge their pressure make me waste the 2 invulns in a matter of seconds, using sword shield might help?

Any suggestions how to survive longer? I feel myself so squishy, throwing up few soldier trinkets helps? What about celestial trinkets? I have the pvp trinkets so change the stats is super easy... thanks again ^-^

I think running knight/captain over soldier would be better idea considering you have lot of sustain and vitality is very very situational compared to toughness in this build. Also it would give you more damage while being good in bad matchups like power mes and spellbreaker.

Wouldnt extra Dodge from energy sigil dealing extra damage, losing heat, gaining 900 health from heat therapy and having essentially 0.75 sec invuln be better than accuracy? Accuracy is 7*21 = 147 precision increase. 900 health from heat therapy is already 90 vitality. So you could do something like swapping like 2 soldier trinkets to captains for extra crit chance while maintaining same health + other Dodge stuff.

I do agree with running minimal condi cleanse during roaming though because scourges are so nerfed in smallscale.

Also I am sure air sigil is more than 5% damage increase in roaming fights (you can check with arcdps)

in addition, I would run Spectrum shield instead of Elixir S. If you get first engage, you can stealth and then equip spectrum shield while OOC. But this is really depends on the situation.

I actually also prefer action camera on holosmith when in blobfights, i just prefer playing without it when roaming in case i want to leap backwards towards enemy. But anyways, its defnitely really good.

I got ya a blobsmith build for whenever you feel like you wanna go largerscale fights without swapping much gear (TON OF CLEANSE AND SUPPORT, can reach about top 6-10 DPS in arcdps while having ton of support): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUBtbh1IDmIDcJjFDDLMAMO6LipjPw/p/G+DDiA-jFCEQBwb/B/p+jDVeAgDEwDOBAbUJYUUi1G9EbGEAGBA///VSSSSiUAVp1C-w (traits still not updated in gw2skills but use same pattern)

I obviously wouldnt use this one for roaming just because its mostly power roamers atm and elixir gun is nowhere near elixir u in smallscale.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Great video, what do you think of using sword shield over rifle?

I find myself in a very bad spot against warriors, I can manage to kill them only using rocket boots, otherwise they are costant close to me and once out of photon forge their pressure make me waste the 2 invulns in a matter of seconds, using sword shield might help?

Any suggestions how to survive longer? I feel myself so squishy, throwing up few soldier trinkets helps? What about celestial trinkets? I have the pvp trinkets so change the stats is super easy... thanks again ^-^

Sword & Shield are just as good as Rifle in my opinion, actually after the last patch sword and shield is much more worth it now, I also made sword and shield roaming video on my channel, it actually has the most views xD, the build is same as on rifle pretty much, but I run mortar launcher instead of laser for elite, it helps you with kiting and putting more pressure on enemy whilst not in forge ;)

@"DRfear.5234" said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:Great video, what do you think of using sword shield over rifle?

Sword & Shield are just as good as Rifle in my opinion, actually after the last patch sword and shield is much more worth it now, I also made sword and shield roaming video on my channel, it actually has the most views xD, the build is same as on rifle pretty much, but I run mortar launcher instead of laser for elite, it helps you with kiting and putting more pressure on enemy whilst not in forge ;)

Mortar kit is also getting buffed in PvP/WvW according to the preview changes so that build will only get better. I've seen some people run Sw/Sh, rocket boots and toolkit and can pretty much negate most damage thrown out. Nerf to reactive lenses means Power Wrench would be worth a look and CD reduction on box of nails + magnet would make it a lot more useful for kiting groups and then pulling someone out for bursting.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"DRfear.5234" said:

Mortar kit is also getting buffed in PvP/WvW according to the preview changes so that build will only get better. I've seen some people run Sw/Sh, rocket boots and toolkit and can pretty much negate most damage thrown out. Nerf to reactive lenses means Power Wrench would be worth a look and CD reduction on box of nails + magnet would make it a lot more useful for kiting groups and then pulling someone out for bursting.

Sword shield still using tools alchemy holo?I feel like without inventions the shield is on too long cd, but dropping out tools and rocket boots seems too much for me. So i dont know...

Archived