Older Returning Player LFG (NA) Fort Aspenwood Casual PVX

Khai.6435

Even'n all, I'm an older gamer and retired military looking for a like minded group who pursues all the content. I followed my gaming crew away from the game after season 1 and have recently returned to play through HoT/PoF and am loving the new stories. I have been an active MMO player since UO and serving as a guide on Everquest's Ayonae Ro server; I've played just about everything between here and there including a ton of tabletop.

I really am a mix between hardcore and casual. I like to have fun when we are pursuing content for the sake of fun but believe on putting on my "game face" when it matters. When you raid you show up "raid ready" and early, since your guild mate's time matters as much as your own. I have no favorite play style preferring simply all elements of the game when executed in a group that works well together.

I tend to play most evenings after 1900 (7pm CST) and throughout the weekends.

I am coming back to a game that has changed dramatically from where I left it and am looking for guidance. Even though I have 7 80s, the game feels new again and I have forgotten things; so I'm not beyond asking for help or giving it when I can.

Jokingly, I refer to myself as a grumpy old man, just because I tend not to have the patience with the under 22 crowd. I like my gaming drama free; I like to joke; but also need the shared experience in my peers that comes with having a career, family, paying bills, etc. that prevents many younger gamers from relating to half a century spent on this planet.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hey there Khai, Tyrs Paladium may be the place for you. We cater to an older crowd and are generally very laid back. We have players that have been active since GW1 and players that have just started playing since Path Of Fire launched. Tyrs Paladium itself is a decade old guild with representation in multiple MMOs including DDO, Neverwinter, ESO, and GW2. The GW2 branch is the newest and we are looking to grow that portion of the guild with like-minded players 30-70+ in age. We have a fully upgraded Guild Hall and a TeamSpeak3 server for voice. We have players scattered from coast to coast, but we are most active evenings and weekends EST.

You can read more about us HERE

And if we sound like a good fit then fill out a quick application today.

Please go to tyrspaladium.shivtr.com

You will need to create a Shiv forum account to gain access:Click GW2 in the upper left to select the Guild Wars 2 ChapterClick APPLY in the upper rightComplete the Application

-Auro, Officer Tyrs Paladium

Well, welcome back! I'd toss it out there if you haven't found anything yet, or anyone to run with on FA hit us up at [bEAR] (i'll toss our info down below). We are all mostly (except for myself, if you ask my daughter I'm still 27...I so love my kid) in our 30s or older and are pretty laid back. We came from a pretty hardcore setting and about a year ago stepped back for something a bit more relaxed. Though don't let it fool you, we still put on our big boy (and girl) pants on when it's game time.

We do hit up some dungeons, fractals and story together as we work on achievements and the such, more for us at this point we like to enjoy the game and it's content with one another. Though if you ever want a group to roam about in WvW hit us up for sure, that's generally where you will find us. We are still trying to grow a bit more for steady content and schedules in all aspects. As it is we are a bit spread out over the US (and one Aussie) so generally we get together later in the evenings for our activities. It would be about 8pm CST. And while we don't require specific builds or professions, we will offer help or training for those wanting to learn or coming back to the game.

Anywho, if you have any questions or anything you can hit up myself or Aimes (breakeryeti.9824) who is our resident grumpy old man.

Hello Khai,

Please consider Blissful Epidemic [blis] on Gate of Madness in your search for a new guild.

We are a stable and thriving PvX/WvW guild, currently at 200 members. We have no representation requirement as long as you make an effort to engage with the guild and join us for 1-2 WvW raids per week. We can offer all the amenities of a PvE guild and provide you with a hardcore WvW raiding experience, running an average of 10-15 during WvW raids. (Server Transfer may be required for that though).

Still, our PvE and PvP experience should be enough to keep you engaged. We devote a single night a week to Raiding and have a fully upgraded guild hall and packed Discord channel.

Our guild has accumulated some of the finest players in Gate of Madness - former leaders, officers, drivers and veterans who have played and enjoyed the game for years. We'd love to add you to the family.

Good luck in your search. Please PM me on the forums or in-game, or DM me in Discord at Bad Axxe#2937 if you have any questions or are interested in joining us. Thanks!

first of all, welcome back grumpy old man! second of all, i think your time fits us nicely.i could ask one of my officers to run with you soon to catch you up with what's going on since he's been playing since beta. he's also online an hour after reset, aka after 7pm CST. i work late so don't get home until about 8-9pm CST.

i know what you meant by a mix of hardcore and casual since time is of the essence and when you do something with the group, you give out your best. otherwise, it should be treated lightly. because after all, that's what we're here for. enjoy the game together. for the pleasure.

we used to have many people that are over 30-40 but they have been moving on from the game. we still have our mature-oriented folks here, just not as many like we used to, to be frank. people who throw dad's jokes and don't take things too seriously. some even intend to invite their sons/daughters into the guild! we like a mixture of 20s, as well as 30s, and 40s.

we have work/school during the day, so Discord will be our main communication while at work. talking about addiction. haha. some have young kids so their playtime is limited, but still remain active at night, around 9pm CST till late.
we run a lot of group events with everyone, almost every other night. mostly based on guildies' requests if they need something down, something they have been working on, we'd chip in and give them a hand. we don't tend to run together with all the people we know. so it makes newcomers feel welcome and that they're a part of us too.

i also build up a website for our own community, so most of newbies/new returning players should have their questions answered about gearing, crafting, to how the system works, etc. it's still a work in progress but it's a start =]

if you have spare time, you could squeeze out more info about us with the link below:https://www.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/comments/7u0gj4/napvxintense_pleasure_mmm_chill_guild_lfm/

Archived