What a horrible class. IMO, the worst of them all (too balanced for 2018)

Zefrost.3425

(Speaking WvW here) I've always wanted so badly to play my warrior but it's just so garbage compared to necro or engineer and their specializations. Warrior has no AOE to crap all over the place (which is balanced but balanced means bad nowadays) warrior is melee only which means in a large fight you literally just get to stand back and press spacebar a bunch to pretend like you're doing something, since you can't use rifle because lord knows that's one of the worst weapons in the game. AFAIK, longbow isn't even viable for power anymore. Almost all of the warrior utilities are horrible (balanced) other than the traits and stances as I am one of the people against so much passive garbage in the game, but if warrior didn't have them, then RIP any sustain it has.

I mean, bulls charge is like the only good utility in that whole list. Even half of the utilities for spellbreaker and berserker are bad lol. Mending should very obviously be a phsyical skill. As well, you don't have any or hardly any condition removal as a warrior, all you have is... resistance. And I've been unable to make a decent build utilizing shouts for condition removal. Either nerf literally everything on all classes (like you should, but won't, because then raiders will kill their monsters in 17 seconds instead of 12 seconds... the horror!) or buff/revamp some of the garbage on the warrior which there's a lot of. It's like, unless you're dueling, warrior is just bad in WvW.

@Miko.4158 said:I like rifle. extra dodge , decent swat thats perfect for stopping stomps, add air and force sigils and its still weak but alot of fun, with all the stand off and ebb and flow you need to take some ranged so you have something to do on cooldown.

Yeah, rifle can hit pretty hard. You would be surprised how many players in WvW will let you killshot them for 12k. I like to throw in some quickness and signet of might as well. The target tracking on killshot even against stealthed targets is also a huge plus, more than one teef has cursed that ability after I down them with killshot.

I think a lot of Warriors also do not use the pierce potential enough either, plus you can stack some decent vulnerability on top of everything else.

It's pretty cool to dab rifle 2, rifle 4 (18 stacks of vulnerability), and then swap into a nice burst. A lot of enemies will just rush the Warrior when they see the rifle, this only opens them up more for this kind of set up.

I run it on my core main A/A-Rifle, and on a more specialized rifle centric S/SH-Rifle core build thats heavy in quickness and unblockable attacks.

Yeah, warrior is perhaps the worst class when it comes to fights in large scale PIRATE SHIP battles in WvW, but when the zergs decide to fight after staring each other for 30 min, warrior becomes enjoyable to some extent (that is if you don't get caught on the front bomb and you get insta-killed).

If you equip longbow, then all of your skills get reflected back including the burst F1 and #3 skill which have AoE target animations.I don't know why Anet has made warrior F1 and #3 projectiles instead of AoE. These 2 skills clearly behave like AoE field but they can be reflected back because they are treated like projectiles.

Here is a post i created about longbow asking for F1 and #3 to be treated like unblockables or AoE fields.

@"Hitman.5829" said:Yeah, warrior is perhaps the worst class when it comes to fights in large scale PIRATE SHIP battles in WvW, but when the zergs decide to fight after staring each other for 30 min, warrior becomes enjoyable to some extent (that is if you don't get caught on the front bomb and you get insta-killed).

If you equip longbow, then all of your skills get reflected back including the burst F1 and #3 skill which have AoE target animations.I don't know why Anet has made warrior F1 and #3 projectiles instead of AoE. These 2 skills clearly behave like AoE field but they can be reflected back because they are treated like projectiles.

Here is a post i created about longbow asking for F1 and #3 to be treated like unblockables or AoE fields.

Agreed. However Berserker LB burst Scorched Earth is not reflected and can hit up to 25 targets. If you want to play warrior in zerg setting and want to have big AoE tagging with LB, you better do the following: play berserker, add sigil of fire (and have high critical hit chance). This doesn't mean that your suggestion is unreasonable at all. I don't think it would make LB warrior too overpowered. All LB skills have very distinct and slow animations, which make them very easy to dodge in 1 vs 1 setting.

Ayna

@Deniara Devious.3948 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:Yeah, warrior is perhaps the worst class when it comes to fights in large scale PIRATE SHIP battles in WvW, but when the zergs decide to fight after staring each other for 30 min, warrior becomes enjoyable to some extent (that is if you don't get caught on the front bomb and you get insta-killed).

about longbow asking for F1 and #3 to be treated like unblockables or AoE fields.

Agreed.
However Berserker LB burst Scorched Earth is not reflected and can hit up to 25 targets. If you want to play warrior in zerg setting and want to have big AoE tagging with LB, you better do the following: play berserker, add sigil of fire (and have high critical hit chance). This doesn't mean that your suggestion is unreasonable at all. I don't think it would make LB warrior too overpowered. All LB skills have very distinct and slow animations, which make them very easy to dodge in 1 vs 1 setting.

Ayna

you could play that, but you wouldnt be very useful...it does like no dmg at all and since it starts at your position you still wouldnt tag that many ppl in a pirateship situation, if younwant to tag stuff, go play necro

Im trying LB + Axe/torch (condi) build .. i found out its not the most op but if you learn to avoid bubles (reflect missiles) you can do some decent dmg especially at mid zergs fights..You got range aoe LB skills plus some aoe melee axe/torch when charge..Stances are the only skills that seems viable on WvW ... I believe LB can use some changes on CS cause skills seems a bit easy to avoid and that makes warrior to loose some of his range dmg...But in the end of the day Spellbreaker>Berseker...

PS..If anyone can share a good build for WvW warrior (core/Bersk) i would be so happy :)

I main a warrior but refuse to zerg with one. Warrior is beyond great in PvE and a jack of all trades type of class for PvP (most builds can do a little of everything in a match but other classes are superior for specific roles). I only WvW with my warrior for small group raiding which, in my own opinion, there should be a lot more of. Small group WvW is by far more enjoyable than just surfing with a zerg. You can actually see each class' usefulness and fights are unique when you run into another small group. Then warrior is fun in WvW. But most of the game is zerg especially on Blackgate. For that I use a burn guardian.

@"Demonas.1083" said:Im trying LB + Axe/torch (condi) build .. i found out its not the most op but if you learn to avoid bubles (reflect missiles) you can do some decent dmg especially at mid zergs fights..You got range aoe LB skills plus some aoe melee axe/torch when charge..Stances are the only skills that seems viable on WvW ... I believe LB can use some changes on CS cause skills seems a bit easy to avoid and that makes warrior to loose some of his range dmg...But in the end of the day Spellbreaker>Berseker...

PS..If anyone can share a good build for WvW warrior (core/Bersk) i would be so happy :)

if you want a working build where you are useful and get some loot check this out, i even made a thread about it where i explain it

buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBiYD7knDoYXszDwyDgZXskFYIDgCQAAPDvhDxJngLQIA-jVCEQBP4gAkk9H8n6PDSJoLfAAA4IEYFlfA8CAwJdPkCoKhWA-w

threadhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29523/revive-of-the-worker#latest

Archived